Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson

Mar 28, 2019, 5:40 PM

Javan White to transfer out of Clemson

CLEMSON, S.C. — Graduate forward Javan White will transfer from Clemson University, head coach Brad Brownell announced on Thursday. “I would like to thank Javan Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO! He's one guy that really seemed to be quite promising

Mar 28, 2019, 5:45 PM

for next year. Hate to lose the big guy, but best of luck wherever you land Javan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch. I wonder why? He was guaranteed a lot of playing time...***

Mar 28, 2019, 5:49 PM

Bad news! He looked improved as year went on...

Mar 28, 2019, 6:01 PM

A Tiger team that looks like a 20 game loss bottom of ACC dweller...ugh!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

possibly, but seems that every time i think we're going to

Mar 29, 2019, 4:53 PM

be worse we end up overachieving but on the flip side (like this year) every time I think we finally have a team that can go far we underachieve. Like the year we started the year #2 in the country after barnes left and we ended up in the NIT at the end.

Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson

Mar 28, 2019, 6:04 PM

LOL. Can we just cut ties with this coach now and move forward. I guess it’s going to take an awful season next year which is guaranteed to happen

Mar 28, 2019, 6:08 PM

LOL. Can we just cut ties with this coach now and move forward. I guess it’s going to take an awful season next year which is guaranteed to happen

You seem very happy to be a tiger fan predicting an awful season for our team. Would you LOL if TLaw announced he was transferring?

Kind of a major league strawman there, huh?

Mar 28, 2019, 7:34 PM

Comparing Javon White to Trevor

Mar 28, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

Id rather cut ties with some of the lame Clemson fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You defended Bowden until the end

Mar 29, 2019, 2:19 AM

Dont make the same mistake twice

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

He wasn't good anyways. Now we will get a better transfer

Good Lord Almighty! Can we please fix the broken?***

Can brown-L please transfer?!***

Geez, how many players does bb lose to transfer

Mar 28, 2019, 6:34 PM

Since he started it seems we have guys transfer out after almost every season

Re: Geez, how many players does bb lose to transfer

Mar 28, 2019, 9:16 PM

I guess you forgot that we take transfers too - Elijah Thomas, Marquis Reid and Shelton Mitchell were all transfers from other programs...
Don't know why Javon is leaving - but I'd guess it's because of who we have coming back and who we've signed that play in his position.
Quite frankly he was a defensive liability and that's why his playing time was limited.

Brownell is NOT going anywhere unless someone comes along and offers him a ton more money.

Some of you would ask for a bacteria count on the "milk of human kindness!"

The coach was NOT our problem this year - bad luck, missed free-throws and missed lay-ups in critical situations caused us to miss "the Dance."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a pro/anti- Brownell guy but missed free throws and

Mar 28, 2019, 11:01 PM

missed layups are part of coaching... Can't take the good and dismiss the bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven’t seen many people here acknowledging the good.

Mar 30, 2019, 12:39 PM

According to them our coach, players, and program are awful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I'll quote Spurrier, "we've got to quit making excuses and

Mar 29, 2019, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Geez, how many players does bb lose to transfer ]

Saying we're unlucky, and realize that's just bad play" or one of my high school coaches "excuses are for losers"

Re: Geez, how many players does bb lose to transfer

Mar 28, 2019, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Geez, how many players does bb lose to transfer ]

"Since he started" the NCAA has made it more possible for players to move around and take advantage of opportunities.

The same thing is true "since Hamilton started" at FSU, "since Roy started" at UNC, and "since Frank Martin started" at SoCar.

But don't let reasonability get in the way of a good 'let's blame Brownell' moment.

Mar 28, 2019, 6:38 PM

Nobody here seems to know how he stacks up in practice relative to Johathan Baehre. He very well could have seen that he was going to have limited playing time again next year. If the lo ss of a guy who averaged 2.0 points per game is going to be a catastrophic loss, we really are in bad shape.

News flash: we are in bad shape.***

Mar 28, 2019, 6:48 PM

Re: News flash: we are in bad shape.*** Really?

Mar 28, 2019, 11:38 PM

Were you pronouncing that same thing before this last season ended?

Some of you guys are a real credit to your school. I remember in HS one of our rivals' AD wouldn't bother fielding a team if he thought their team would have a down season. His ego denied kids the opportunities to grow and learn, and he taught the students and parents some horrible lessons.

They weren't our rivals long. Their program never progressed.

Some of you fair weather fans remind me of him.

Mar 29, 2019, 7:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

^This

And I bet White knew where here stood.

I watched Johathan Baehre and he was a good pickup. Did well when playing with guard-heavy UNCA.

Actually, he was 4-6 for 9 points, 5 rebounds in 24 minutes when UNCA played against us.

Unfortunately, as I have mused before...

Mar 29, 2019, 11:23 AM

what we have is a lack of talent to compete game in and game out with the top half of the ACC... we are not in equal standing with those who are in line ahead of us for NCAA tournament invites. Some times there are reasons for players that go to mid major schools that has nothing to do with their talent, but most times, players go to mid major schools specifically because of their talent.
Thomas (TAMU) and Mitchell (Vandy) came from other Power 5 schools, Reed (Robert Morris) and Skara (Valpo) came from mid majors but we wouldn't have necessarily missed Skara because those minutes would have gone to Simms, Newman and Tyson. We are going to miss Reed and would have missed him this year if he had missed any time.

We can't live hanging out by the transfer portal looking to pick up scraps, nor can we live by not competing for and signing the next level of talent below the one and dones... as HC, all of that is on Brownell; he has to be able to project which talent is going to translate from high school (or translate as a transfer) to ACC competition to help win games. He can sign the best that Fike has to offer to lose games but it's his job to put together everything about the program to produce wins... and I will again point to the Lady Tigers for what can be done when the right coach is in place...

As for Baehre, that stat line playing against us really doesn't say much; what he needed was post a stat line like Reed did against us...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 7:24 PM

Better have another grad transfer of equal or better value or we are in very bad trouble...

Mar 28, 2019, 7:29 PM

Not many of those out there this year and there will be fierce competition.

If my count is right including incoming freshmen, Clemson has only 8 players on scholarship and will have 5 spots still open

Tough to win the ACC without any seniors and only half (8/13) of your scholarships used.

10 on scholarship

Mar 29, 2019, 8:02 AM

The 3 freshmen, plus Trapp, Newman, Tyson, Simms, Jemison, William and Baehre

Hasn't he been pretty consistent in NOT using the available

Mar 29, 2019, 10:25 AM

scholarships each year and then having at least one transfer sitting out not contributing? That would be fine if we weren't missing some piece of a good team each year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

Wanna remind me again about his value? Pts? Rebs? Min? Y'all are sad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 7:40 PM

PG: Clyde Trapp
SG: John Newman
SF: Aarmir Sims
PF: Jonathan Baehre
C: Trey Jamison

Bench: Hunter Tyson, Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter, and Alex Hemenway

Maybe we’ll get some good transfers ???????

Mar 28, 2019, 7:41 PM

PG: Clyde Trapp
SG: John Newman
SF: Aarmir Sims
PF: Jonathan Baehre
C: Trey Jamison

Bench: Hunter Tyson, Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter, and Alex Hemenway

Maybe we’ll get some good transfers ???????

Is Malik Williams still on the team?

Mar 28, 2019, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

Yikes! Who in the world is hitting a consistent jumpshot out of that group?

Mar 28, 2019, 8:18 PM

I wonder who will be able to bring the ball up the court. A press will kill this team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2019, 8:31 PM

ClemTig® said:

I wonder who will be able to bring the ball up the court. A press will kill this team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2t95Xd7KQI

Mar 28, 2019, 8:53 PM

Thanks ta. Glad to see that. I hope our real fans don’t run this kid off before he enrolls!

Re: NJ Playas have a good program

Mar 28, 2019, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

Watched them win Peach Jam in 2015. Don't remember who started for them. I'm sure this kid didn't play for them before 2017.

Then Micheal and Trey blew away the world in 2016. I think their closest game was a 24(?)-point blowout.

That was the year i met Jim Boeheim. No, it was not a long conversation.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

Come on guys! Let’s put our faith in Brownell. He knows what he’s doing! Let’s rally around these young guys! They will be the surprise of the conference next year! We’ll be back in the Sweet 16!

2 returning guards. No shooters.

Mar 28, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Javan White to transfer out of Clemson ]

This could get ugly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish him the best, but...

Mar 28, 2019, 7:43 PM

Where's he going go?

Re: Wish him the best, but...

Mar 28, 2019, 8:55 PM

Same here. I liked him but he has a loooong way to go! Not an ACC player imo

well he came from Oral Roberts

Mar 28, 2019, 11:59 PM

Maybe he thought he'd try the step up in competition but now realizes he would rather play in a smaller conference again

Even the rats are jumping ship on Brownell

Mar 28, 2019, 9:07 PM

May need to hold open tryouts in Fike in order to field a team next year...

no, you're still here "coach"***

Mar 28, 2019, 10:28 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How original coming from one of the 'Sewer Dwellers'

Mar 28, 2019, 10:32 PM

What a freaking joke you are....

Re: the rats

Mar 29, 2019, 12:01 AM

Most of us think it is the rats who are trying to get everyone else to join them in jumping off the Clemson ship.

I'm staying on. If you don't respect your coaches, there's an SEC school that would value your contributions, such as they are.

Mar 28, 2019, 11:43 PM

Since he was a Graduate transfer, I didn't realize he had another year available. Hm m m, you think he didn't see himself getting any more playing time than this year? really?

Mar 29, 2019, 9:36 AM

That's a huge loss for next year.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:04 AM

I’m not saying next year isnt going to be ugly, because it’s going to be ugly, but White wasn’t going to make or break anything. He gave effort, but he was not a good player.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:11 AM

Unless we get another grad transfer to play the 5, he was still the best 5 we had coming back though. He had some potential.

CONGARTS JAVAN YULE ALWAYS BE A TIGER!!!***

Mar 30, 2019, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic