Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Inside the matchup: Clemson-Alabama projections
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Inside the matchup: Clemson-Alabama projections

Dec 27, 2017, 9:45 AM

Inside the matchup: Clemson-Alabama projections

The third edition of Clemson-Alabama in the College Football Playoff promises a different look than the previous two. The Deshaun Watson-led Tigers ran up over Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Inside the matchup: Clemson-Alabama projections

Dec 27, 2017, 10:23 AM

This one should be thisclose.

Dec 27, 2017, 8:04 PM

> This one should be thisclose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Inside the matchup: Clemson-Alabama projections ]

Frankly, I'm worried about a 14 point Tiger lead going into the fourth quarter. This is definitely Alabama's weakest team since 2013, and injuries, plus no bone jarring, Lightning fast third down pass rushers will prove to be a real weakness. Our offense of line hasn't taken over a game against a ranked team and our depleted DBs Get beaten a lot Playing Man in both long passes and quick slants. Under a first-year offensive coordinator and a defensive coordinator who has 1 foot out the door, we will have to be extremely focused . Thank heavens we got Saban at the the helm
To win, we will have to keep the Tigers offense off the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Won't Mean a Thing Monday Night

Dec 27, 2017, 11:31 AM

All those numbers are good for are conversation starters.

That and betting***

Dec 27, 2017, 11:37 AM

The big question... "Versus who?" We played 10 Top40 teams.***

Dec 27, 2017, 11:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those metrics are all opponent adjusted.

Dec 27, 2017, 11:59 AM

Our better competition should already be factored into the numbers. That said, I've seen these metrics struggle with certain teams who's offenses don't always translate like they should against the top defenses.

Look at LSU in recent years. If they can run the ball they destroy people and that often results in them being very highly regarded in the advanced metrics. Then they play a team like Bama that they can't run the ball against and their offense goes from scoring 35 a game to scoring 10, 0, 16, 13, etc.

The same thing has happened to OSU frequently in the last 3 years. They can score 60 on Indiana and Illinois, but they struggle to score 20 against good defenses because they can't run the ball effectively and JT Barrett is forced to throw a lot more (which generally doesn't go well).

Bama is rated so highly in advanced metrics because they

Dec 27, 2017, 11:43 AM

flattened the bad teams they played this year. They were good, but far from great, against the better teams they played. Meanwhile Clemson played it's best football against the best teams on the schedule, and did just enough to beat the inferior teams by 2-3 scores.

Will that mean anything come game time? I have no idea.

Good news, Tigers, get your edge back...more to prove. Also

Dec 27, 2017, 12:03 PM

SEC getting their edge back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The SEC will never get its edge back.

Dec 27, 2017, 12:38 PM

The BCS computer has no bearing on the National Championship now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

these numbers mean nothing!

Dec 27, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Good news, Tigers, get your edge back...more to prove. Also ]

Each team played different opponents. Each team is coached differently. I suspect, without knowing, that the Tigers played their substitute players for a lot more minutes that Saban did.

This is why you play the games on the field. Head to head. I like the Tigers 27 20.

Dec 27, 2017, 3:25 PM

alabama also has the same number of letters in it as Clemson...

Another worthless stat posted by a football kno-it-all :)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

didn't think adout that,does Ala. have the

Dec 27, 2017, 3:39 PM

advantage since their name starts with an A

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2017, 11:53 PM

Here is all that I need to know , or at least what I think I know .
Alabama played one team that I think was equatable to Clemson , and they lost to them .
I won't get into transitive considerations, or defensive players making plays or even who has the best logo ... Clemson will win because we are the best team in this matchup .
I don't know how any other conclusion can be drawn .

DB23

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic