Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers

Mar 4, 2020, 9:43 PM

Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers

's Tigers fell back below .500 in ACC play after the Hokies shot nearly 60 percent from the field in the second half to pull away to a 70-58 win over Clemson. T Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers

Mar 4, 2020, 10:00 PM

I am no fan of Brownell. But this quote is simply inexcusable...

“Physically, we just didn't compete at the level that you need to play against a team of Virginia Tech's caliber playing on its home court."

Virginia Tech SUCKS, coach! They are physically smaller than us and they lost 9 of their last 10 coming into this game. So exactly how do you “compete at the level you need to play against a team of Virginia Tech's caliber?” What a behemoth we ran into tonight! Ugh...how pathetic.

Mar 4, 2020, 10:02 PM

I agree. Just coach speak...

Mar 5, 2020, 3:02 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers ]

I have been calling for a new coach for 3 years. Best is NOT the standard for Brownell. This is horrible but we saw this coming. 3 amazing wins this year and about 10 "I can't believe we just loss" losses. Tonight was another one. Shame! :(

When you are beating 3 top 10 teams and losing to...

Mar 5, 2020, 3:41 AM

7 teams with sub 80 RPIs it has to remind you of the Bowden years. Anyone here claiming we were often beating teams we shouldn't and losing to teams we shouldn't under Bowden? Anyone here feel Bowden was a "GREAT" coach? Can we please just move on?

Re: When you are beating 3 top 10 teams and losing to...

Mar 5, 2020, 4:23 AM

I made a very similar statement tonight that CBB is a CTB reincarnated! I am 100% convinced that it's coaching when a team can beat every ranked team in the conference but loses to everyone of the lowest ranked teams in the conference. It's seriously a real problem. I have only watched one win all season, that is UNC. Thankfully i saw that one after 90yrs but everytime I get excited yo watch our team after a big win them we lose to the bottom tier teams.

Yeah, no it isn't my fault, it's 100% coaching. No way you win against all ranked teams and lose to the bottom dwellers unless the coach is steering the team south!

Mar 6, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers ]

once again, its time to focus on how good we can be next year, sameold

Mar 5, 2020, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hokies pull away in second half over Tigers ]

100% true ... BB talks and coaches like someone with no concerns about his job performance or results. He assumes his position as coach is solid and he is right. CU administration obviously is satisfied with continued frustrating mediocrity from his program... with plenty of coachspeak and lip service. Unfortunately I see no relief in sight. You can’t continue doing what doesn’t work and get improvement. I guess Clemson bball is not a priority... very disappointing ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s make a deal...

Mar 5, 2020, 6:54 AM

I’ll invest more time in following and supporting Tiger basketball IF the Athletic Department invests more resources and/or direction giving the basketball program what it needs to succeed going forward.

It’s fairly clear that leadership is weak when the team gives inconsistent effort. Motivation ultimately is the coaching staff’s responsibility. That should not be allowed to happen.

Fix it. If our leadership is going to be apathetic towards the program, then fans will be too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Here's a thought...

Mar 5, 2020, 7:35 AM

If the three point shots are not falling, try something else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Charlie Brown

Mar 5, 2020, 12:46 PM

For those of you old enough to get the reference, I once again let myself play Charlie Brown to Brad Brownell’s Lucy last night. Never again. Until “Lucy” leaves, I’m out.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic