Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL

Aug 11, 2019, 10:12 AM

Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL

Some unexpected news to report today. The New York Jets announced on Sunday that kicker Chandler Catanzaro has decided to retire. The 28-year-old missed two ext Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Aug 11, 2019, 10:29 AM

Message removed by Author

Say what?***

Aug 11, 2019, 10:38 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Say what?***

Aug 11, 2019, 11:16 AM

Perhaps he did a custom roster in Madden and put Catanzaro at punter. Because in college...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/chandler-catanzaro-1.html

Zero puts for zero yards in 4 years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Say what?***

Aug 11, 2019, 11:28 AM

Yeah, I was thinking about Gardocki. I guess I didn't get enough sleep last night.

I believe you’re thinking of Bradley Pinion***

Aug 11, 2019, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe you’re thinking of Bradley Pinion***

Aug 11, 2019, 11:34 AM

I was thinking about Chris Gardocki. Not sure why I got those two confused. The Tigers have had a number of great field goal kickers, but not so many great punters. I loved Chris Gardocki because of his great punts.

Gardocki was left-footed as well, right?

Aug 11, 2019, 2:29 PM

that was an added bonus as a punter as the ball comes in differently than the receivers are used to.

Loved that Gardocki poster against Georgia when I was a kid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Yo Cat Man, ready for xfl?

Aug 11, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

I think you would be happier.

Re: TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL

Aug 11, 2019, 10:39 AM

I truly hate hearing this, but a person like Cat Man, he knows when he's had enough of the BS. And don't think for a second that he will be hurting for the $$$$ bc, I feel that it's a good guess that he has a good chunk of what he has made during his time in the NFL, and he will be seen in a Suit and Tie about everyday now!!! Wishing you the best Cat-Man!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 11:59 AM

I doubt he ever made much over the league min but thats still way more than AVG Joe.
I’m sure he is not broke but will definitely have to find a job .

Aug 11, 2019, 12:28 PM

He made around 6 million over his career. He can do pretty whatever he wants.

Aug 11, 2019, 12:31 PM

Good luck in your future endeavors Cat man!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL ]

Cat-man was an unexpected jewel, coming out of single-A Christchurch Academy. Amazing how clutch he was for our Tigers.

Years ago i ran into the Christchurch bus driver at a gas station and got him talking about Cat-man. He said he was a great kid, with a whole slew of awesome sisters, and they all rode the bus to school every day even though their daddy was a doctor. They were a great Clemson family.

Best wishes to Cat-man. He's still young and healthy and has lots of options on the table.

Re: TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL***

Aug 12, 2019, 12:56 PM

null

Message was edited by: rons1

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL***

Aug 12, 2019, 1:00 PM

I agree with you rons1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL ]

Chandler is a fine young man. He does have a lot of options after football. However, I really feel cheated about the whole bus ride to Christ Church Episcopal School story. 3 of my kids went there. They received an excellent education at CCES. They also received a fine education and graduated from Clemson. However, I feel totally ripped off that Chandler and his siblings had bus travel supplied to them. Haha! Must have been a stealth bus?

Aug 13, 2019, 4:15 PM

Are you saying there was no bus? Or are you saying there was no bus service for school attendance?

Because the bus was at Switi Patel's Citgo in Clemson (attached to the laundromat) when i saw it and talked with the driver (clearly labeled with Christ Church Episcopal School, but NOT painted mustard yellow.)

So far as school attendance was concerned, i may have misunderstood the driver on purpose, since he seemed intent on discussing how well-off financially the Cat family was. I didn't think that was my business. I love to gossip about good things, good people, and finding what we all have in common; i try to draw the line at pettiness. If I took the wrong details away from that conversation, i apologize.

But he did say Chandler had 5 sisters, and daddy is a dermatologist, and all 6 attended CCES and rode his bus regularly. Is that verifiable enough?

Aug 13, 2019, 6:17 PM

It’s no big deal. The truth does absolutely nothing to detract from Chandler. Chandler drove a truck to school. He has 3 sisters. He still is a really classy young man. The only negative I jokingly can say about him, is that his Dad is a Notre Dame grad. I am the one being picky as none of this matters one bit, but as I paid out the nose willingly to send my kids to CCES, the thought that there was daily bus service and somehow I missed that, made be chuckle. The fact remains, Chandler is a well grounded great young man, but the bus story and number of siblings is not accurate.

Aug 13, 2019, 6:18 PM

Bus was for school events. He absolutely rode that to games.

Did Catman not express interest in going to medical school? He’s

Aug 11, 2019, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson kicker retires from NFL ]

certainly young enough to do that if he wishes. Good luck, Mr. Catanzaro, whatever you choose to do next.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 12:49 PM

Good luck in Your future endeavors . I'm 100% sure that you will find the right opportunity to continue your football career. Never know, could end up at Clemson as a kicking coach ! GO TIGERS!!!

Aug 11, 2019, 1:24 PM

What a great young man. I do not not worry about his future, as I feel sure that he will be successful in every endeavor that he is led to do. Best of luck Cat Man ..... pure class!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is he will go to a few tryouts next year

Aug 11, 2019, 2:33 PM

I would think placekicker has to be one of the more mentally taxing roles in the NFL. Take a year off, see how you feel, maybe give another shot.

Re: My guess is he will go to a few tryouts next year

Aug 11, 2019, 5:29 PM

God bless you, Cat Man.

Re: My guess is he will go to a few tryouts next year

Aug 12, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to My guess is he will go to a few tryouts next year ]

there's 30 jobs, he's been bouncing around the last few years, so I don't think he's going to try a come back. If he's got a good post-football plan, he can stick with that without worrying about a tryout next year.

He’s wanted to be a doctor after he finished

Aug 11, 2019, 7:25 PM

football. I’d expect to see him enrolled in med school very soon.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 11, 2019, 8:48 PM

His 37 yard kick against LSU AS TIME EXPIRES was a springboard to where we are at today!
Top 10 favorite Tiger memories for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FG vs LSU is Clemson Lore

Aug 11, 2019, 11:41 PM

His kick in the Peach Bowl was priceless. A win for the ages. The beginning of the end of "Clemson-ing"!!!!

Godspeed "C-Cat" (as I call him).

Aug 12, 2019, 7:45 AM

Wishing you and your family the best!

Aug 12, 2019, 9:54 AM

Wishing him and his family the best

too young but different strokes for different folks

GO CAT MAN

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 12, 2019, 10:49 AM

Well deserved retirement. Thanks for great Clemson memories. God bless him.

The biggest surprise

Aug 12, 2019, 12:25 PM

is that someone under 30 knew what Facebook was...

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic