Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 91
| visibility 1

TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days

Jul 10, 2019, 3:18 PM

Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days

ESPN’s Paul Finebaum came on Charlotte sports talk this week to talk Clemson and ACC football, coming off of recent comments on the ACC being a “clown show” out Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve?

Jul 10, 2019, 3:26 PM

Nm

Re: Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve?

Jul 10, 2019, 3:36 PM

One of the things he said that is totally incorrecct was he claimed not to be deaf, mute and blind. Anyone can see he his blind. Of the 3, I wish he were mute.

Jul 10, 2019, 8:52 PM

But he is Paul Realdumb!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum owes John Simpson an apology

Jul 10, 2019, 10:43 PM

Just because he is a bitter old man, it doesn't give him a right to make it personal with his remarks about a Clemson player who is a valuable senior member of the team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Finebaum owes John Simpson an apology

Jul 11, 2019, 8:55 AM

It’s ridiculous, John Simpson is one of the finest young men that we have had come to Clemson, he and his family are class acts.

Why would he talk about John, if he was an Alabama player he wouldn’t have said it and if another announcer from espn said it about a Alabama player he’d have a fit.

I bet he would be more than Gobsmacked if John walked in when he said that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 11, 2019, 11:24 AM

Thank you for your comment. I'm his dad and yes I'm highly upset with his statement!!

Jul 11, 2019, 12:04 PM

I'm sorry John and your family had to experience this totally unprofessional and uncalled for behavior.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 11, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Finebaum owes John Simpson an apology ]

I agree 100%, HumbleServant. Finebaum should be ashamed of his actions and do the right thing--publicly apologize.

--Henry David Thoreau

Jul 10, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

If you ain’t us, you hate us.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:43 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

I blame TigerNet News

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

BECAUSE ITS DOWNTIME BABY...we talk about soccer on here too***

Jul 10, 2019, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

Re: BECAUSE ITS DOWNTIME BABY...we talk about soccer on here too***

Jul 10, 2019, 5:12 PM

Soccer? Why??

Re: BECAUSE ITS DOWNTIME BABY...we talk about soccer on here too***

Jul 10, 2019, 7:37 PM

I mean the USA team won the darn World Cup! Nothing to sneeze at, GO USA!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My .02 cents

Jul 10, 2019, 7:11 PM [ in reply to BECAUSE ITS DOWNTIME BABY...we talk about soccer on here too*** ]

Let PF run his show and lei Coach Dabo run our show. I do have one small suggestion. at the media days let big John go over to PF's seat and pick him up by the shoulders and say-Since you don.t know my name, I am JOHN SIMPSON.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My .02 cents

Jul 10, 2019, 7:24 PM

Lmao. I'll gladly pay to see that

Jul 11, 2019, 6:51 AM [ in reply to My .02 cents ]

This would be epic, but maybe not pick him up, just shake his sweaty little old man hand and say, Sir, John Simpson, need me to spell that for you?

Jul 11, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to My .02 cents ]

I agree 100%

Jul 11, 2019, 11:22 AM [ in reply to My .02 cents ]

I agree 100%

Jul 10, 2019, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

Well, we've got to hand our good friend, Paul Finebaum, a pacifier. By his, and several other "butthurt experts", rants about Lawrence not being there for the media, he is giving free plaudits to Lawrence. We should ask him to continue his rants because it puts Dabo and Lawrence in the spotlight and that is what PF is asking for. Bless his little compassionate heart !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why not. He gives us more media exposure on a daily basis

Jul 10, 2019, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

than what he's hammering about us losing by not taking TL16 to the ACC Dog & Pony Show in Charlotte.

EVERYBODY knows who Trevor Lawrence is. Dumbo Lite calls it an "idiotic move from a marketing standpoint" but Dabo pulled a genius marketing move. You wanna meet and interview TL? Well head on down to Death Valley, South Carolina baby, and get in line. And while you're at it, check out the campus, the facilities, the trophies, and the other 84 guys that make up the reigning champs.

And Pawwwwwl, please keep it up. Your Clemson envy is a beautiful thing to witness. Sad you have to resort to picking on the rest of the league right now 'cause Daddy got your Daddy's number.

Not a flag bearer for the SEC? "My Conference Can Beat Your Conference" - by Paul Finebaum. Deal with it.

Just think, every day SEC country is listening to Paul Finebaum tout Clemson. It can hardly get any better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

Exactly what I was thinking.

For him to say he does not represent the SEC, just listen and/or watch his theme song. Sure looks like SEC to me. Dimwit.

Jul 11, 2019, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Why do we continue to give this guy the attention he doesn’t deserve? ]

word, there seems to have been at least one article a week describing what Finebaum said somewhere. Next thing you know we'll get one about how he had Corn Flakes and not Frosted Flakes because he hates Tigers.

A weaselly little turd of a human being

Jul 10, 2019, 3:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days

Jul 10, 2019, 3:34 PM

A couple of quick points as finally, this guy has gotten to me. First, it seems pretty obvious that Dabo likes to reward his senior players (or potentially in their final year at Clemson) for their hard work and as such allow them to participate in these type of media platforms. The only people that care who speaks from each University is their fan base anyway. Paul is mad because he wrote 5, solidly boring, questions to ask Trevor and now he has to start over. Second, Trevor probably needs a dang break from everyone hounding him all the time and maybe he is glad to have someone else cover media day. Lastly, and probably most importantly, I'm pretty sure Dabo has written the book on how to market Clemson in the media and Paul's only advantage is that he is funny to look at, so people outside of Alabama keep him relevant. I'm really tired of him having an opinion on Clemson.

Re: TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days

Jul 10, 2019, 3:37 PM

THIS ***

Jul 10, 2019, 5:12 PM

And Finebum should be criticized for showing up at all.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days ]

Paul doesn't like it when Dabo breaks the mold and Dabo always breaks the mold.

Jul 10, 2019, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days ]

This Clemson fan gets it.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NOBODY cares

Jul 10, 2019, 3:34 PM

Hmmm, I doubt Dabo, the team or the administration cares what this guy thinks.

He's so irrelevant.

NO, Flatbutt is NOT the sec spokesperson...

Jul 10, 2019, 3:40 PM

but he is certainly doing a helluva job that he wasn't hired for... he's a company man through and through, and he will tout espn's moneybag until his flyboy ears stop growing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recommend that these sorts of stories not be covered here.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:41 PM

By TigerNet posting them on the front page, the troll (Finebaum) continues to be fed. That's exactly what he wants.

Plus, it results in a lot of Clemson fans getting worked up over something that is irrelevant.

Just my $.02.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I recommend that these sorts of stories not be covered here.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:43 PM

Getting worked up is what we do... and we need the practice since we TNetters want to be in top form for the first game.

Finebaum was right

Jul 10, 2019, 3:42 PM

I know you all want to hate him but face facts - he is right.

1. Trevor has a shot at the Heisman which as we know is highly influenced by mentions, TV time, etc. You MUST promote the guy and Dabo didn't. That's on him. He may have cost TL more money than John Simpson will ever make in the NFL.

2. The ACC is a s*&#show this year and that's a fact. FSU always gave the conference credibility, and the way they've fallen that's gone. Miami was thought to be a real big catch when they entered the conference and despite year after year of teases, they have never delivered. VT has had their up years but this sure isn't it. They can't pick on the big guy so they pick on his little brothers. It's just the way they play the game.

3. We've got one job, win the championship AGAIN. And we can do it. And you know what - it won't shut up the haters. It never does.

Go Tigers!

Finebaum was right about A&M

Jul 10, 2019, 3:44 PM

Otherwise who goes to ACC media Days doesn't matter. Like it's gonna keep TL off of ESPN all season. He'll Sportscenter Top 10 every week.

Last year was the perfect storm for A&M...

Jul 10, 2019, 4:34 PM

new coach, new offense, new defense, no real film for Clemson to study, playing at home, all summer to prepare, the KB/TL combo QB experiment, the A&M offense having a horseshoe up its a$$, etc.

The deck was stacked heavily against Clemson.

That won't be the case this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Last year was the perfect storm for A&M...

Jul 10, 2019, 5:16 PM

I hope not.It's time we played a decent game against A&M, as well as Louisville.

clemson 77 louisville 16***

Jul 10, 2019, 5:28 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...

Jul 10, 2019, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Last year was the perfect storm for A&M... ]

you do realize that in the last two meetings, Clemson has outscored Louisville 124 - 37 (47 - 21 and 77 - 16 respectively).

If those weren't decent games, Louisville fans are hoping like he!! Clemson never plays decent against them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Last year was the perfect storm for A&M...

Jul 10, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Last year was the perfect storm for A&M... ]

I hope so. I'd love to Jimbo get the carp stomped out of him by us while at A&M too. I hate he was ever admitted to Clemson. What a gaffe that was even if he only last a couple weeks

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum was right

Jul 10, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Finebaum was right ]

Having TL at Media Day (or not) will not gain or lose us any Ws. Let 'em whine... I really hope Dabo did this knowing it would make sports world crazy... crazier.... more crazier.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Finebaum was right ]

I disagree. There is not one voter for the Heisman who does not know who Trevor is, right now, today. Not one. Dabo promoted Watson for two years for Heisman and ???? There is no money involved in winning the Heisman and the number one draft pick gets a max rookie contract and signing bonus, check - already written.

If the ACC is so dang bad, why does the past decade in bowl games SEC vs ACC look like the following:

SEC vs. ACC W L T Win % SEC PFPG ACC PAPG
2010's 49 40 0 55.1 29.2 26.4

Seems pretty close to me.

Stop paying attention to the conference argument

Jul 10, 2019, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Finebaum was right ]

finbum and his ilk are always trying to make...

conferences don't make a good teams, and every team has to stand on its on merit... otherwise, UVA doesn't skunk the coots nor do we take bama's lunch and make them feed it to us...

Jul 10, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Finebaum was right ]

AllOrangeAllTheTime

Finebaum was right
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 3:42 PM

I know you all want to hate him but face facts - he is right.

1. Trevor has a shot at the Heisman which as we know is highly influenced by mentions, TV time, etc. You MUST promote the guy and Dabo didn't. That's on him. He may have cost TL more money than John Simpson will ever make in the NFL.

2. The ACC is a s*&#show this year and that's a fact. FSU always gave the conference credibility, and the way they've fallen that's gone. Miami was thought to be a real big catch when they entered the conference and despite year after year of teases, they have never delivered. VT has had their up years but this sure isn't it. They can't pick on the big guy so they pick on his little brothers. It's just the way they play the game.

3. We've got one job, win the championship AGAIN. And we can do it. And you know what - it won't shut up the haters. It never does.

Go Tigers!

WRONG AGAIN. IN REALITY TREVOR IS STILL A FRESHMAN TILL SCHOOL STARTS BACK. THERE ARE MANY MORE PLAYERS THAT HAVE BEEN AT CLEMSON AS MUCH AS 3 YEARS LONGER THAN TREVOR THAT ALSO DESERVE ATTENTION. PRETTY SURE NEXT YEAR WHEN HE IS A RISING "JR/SR" HE WILL BE TAKEN.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Finebaum was right ]

Wrong. This isn't TL's time to be at media days. Finebaum is rarely right. You an $EC homer?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not being there

Jul 10, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Finebaum was right ]

Won't hurt TL's Heisman campaign in the slightest , he's better than any QB in the country and on the best team in the country and only an Alabama homer would dare to suggest otherwise .
Secondly and most important , Dabo Swinney doesn't do a single tiny thing without much forethought and belief in what he is doing is the right move ...as evidenced by his astounding success in and off the field of play .
Thirdly . Who is to say that the " negative press " Fangbone ( among others ) is doling out here isn't actually on par or better than what TL would get if he were to be our representative at ACCMD ? I mean , bad pub is good pub in this modern world and if tou don't believe it you're living in an alternate universe of your own creation .Trust in the process .

Go Tigers !

Message was uprooted by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

he’s not attractive.

Jul 10, 2019, 3:44 PM

maybe he should switch to radio. ??

Jul 10, 2019, 3:51 PM

He just doesn’t matter. He just doesn’t matter !!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand where he’s coming from & see his point on this one.***

Jul 10, 2019, 3:52 PM

Eff That Rat Faced Sub Human Emobeatch

Jul 10, 2019, 3:54 PM

Dabo knows what's best

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 3:56 PM

And I would have never known about this crucial commentary if I had not accessed the Tigernets

Jul 10, 2019, 4:04 PM

Did we move to the SEC? Because we get more pub on his show than any other team.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 10, 2019, 4:11 PM

Will someone change Finebaun's diaper!!!

He does make some good points...

Jul 10, 2019, 4:11 PM

but its all his opinion. The ACC should probably make the event a bigger deal and thats on the ACC...not on Clemson for not forcing Dabo to take Lawrence.

He can say he doesn't represent the SEC, but we all know thats pretty much the driver behind his entire career....even now. He'll touch on other topics but he knows who pays the bills and its not the ACC or the Big Ten.

He is correct about the ACC being unwatchable at times. Last year was bad and from a national perception, BC and Syracuse will never get any respect for being good teams. FSU, VT, Miami not being good is a very bad thing for our conference. Throw in the embarrassment at Louisville and Pitt in the ACCT game and the ACC really deserved zero respect last year. The challenge of the SEC is overplayed some but it is superior competition and a greater challenge week in and week out. Doesnt mean we wouldnt win, but I think thats what he is getting at.

Re: He does make some good points...

Jul 10, 2019, 6:31 PM

Where's the unbiased look at the SEC. Would a Vandy - Arkansas game be "must see TV? How about Mississippi - Uof5C? I bet everyone will be tuned in to every game this year because it's so much better - NOT. Hopefully, the ACCN will cut into some of the SEC mystic.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 4:12 PM

Will someone change Finebaun's diaper!!!

I’d like for Trevor to sit down for a 5 question interview with

Jul 10, 2019, 4:23 PM

this creature and I’d like for Trevor’s answer to each question to be “Well bless your heart”

He's right, Dabo clearly knows nothing about PR...

Jul 10, 2019, 4:37 PM

I mean, most college football fans don't have any idea of who Dabo is, or where Clemson is, right? ;)

Jul 10, 2019, 4:41 PM

This clown is ridiculous . Dabo does not do anything based on the press. Fineclown needs to be fired anyway based on his comments during the Championship game !!!

Jul 10, 2019, 4:41 PM

This clown is ridiculous . Dabo does not do anything based on the press. Fineclown needs to be fired anyway based on his comments during the Championship game !!!

Jul 10, 2019, 4:46 PM

I refuse to comment on bat ears always getting his ratface stuck where it does not belong

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jul 10, 2019, 5:07 PM

this guy is Tennessee grad after all... he has been a SEC guy his entire career...we all know ESPN owns the SEC he is a company man who cares about what he thinks ...no IPTAY contribution no credibility

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 5:00 PM

PF, we don't need your denials. You personally provide sufficient reason to beat SEC teams despite your weak bias denials. Your journalism is the worst I've heard. I think retirement is in order, wadr.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 5:03 PM

Ahem, hey Elephant ears....Alabama didn't bring Tua nor Jalen to the 2018 SEC media Days after winning the Championship vs UGA....Georgia also didn't bring Fromm....oops.
https://www.al.com/sports/2018/07/full_list_of_players_attending.html

It's OK. PF is talking about Clemson...

Jul 10, 2019, 5:08 PM

...and that is the important part.

Dabo will play his cards when he sees fit.

dudes surface is starting to crack and the reptile is coming out***

Jul 10, 2019, 5:14 PM

SIMPLY: CLEMSON TIGER ENVY!***

Jul 10, 2019, 5:25 PM

Finebaum has a take here than we should take to heart.

Jul 10, 2019, 5:26 PM

"It’s not my concern what the perception is."

He's right you know. It should not be Clemson's concern, or Dabo's concern, or Trevor's concern, or the fan's concern 'what the perception is'.

I watched the BC game again just today. The Eagles gave us a better game than Bama, were in the game longer, played harder and hurt us more.

I watched the Syracuse game again recently. The 'Cuse played us much better than Bama or SC and about equal of TAMU.

One other thing about Finebaum; He is often FOS and he does not care. Matter of fact, he enjoys it.
Finebaum called the ACC a clown show, which is moronic considering we got better games from Cuse and BC than we did from SC and Bama. It's also pretty #### myopic considering the way Bama goes through the shipshow known as the SEC and........

1. The ACC has 3 football Nattys in the last 6 years. The SEC has 2.

2. Bama has won 22 straight over Vandy.
Bama has won 12 straight over Arkansas and Tennessee
Bama has won 11 straight over Miss St
Bama has won 7 straight over LSU
Bama has won 6 straight over Florida and Kentucky and TAMU.
Bama has won 5 straight over Georgia.
Bama hasn't played Missouri much but has won 4 straight.
Bama has won 3 straight over Ole Miss.
Bama doesn't play SC often and LOST the last game played.

3. Clemson is living rent free inside the head of every SEC fan AND PAUL FINEBAUM.

4. Georgia beat their 3 loss chest last year for 2 months because they came close to Bama twice.

5. There are two good coaches in the SEC who have won Nattys. One came from the ACC. Clemson owns both those SEC league best QBs right now.

Which league is the clown show?

Finebaum got this right: Perception does not matter. Reality matters.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: TNET: Finebaum criticizes Clemson for EVERYTHING

Jul 10, 2019, 5:26 PM

So if he's ticked off we're doing it right. If it isnt Bama or Saban he isnt happy. People should ignore and completely shut off his business. NOthing he says matters anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finebaum is just a clickbait generator

Jul 10, 2019, 5:31 PM

and Tigernet continues to use him for Tigernet clickbait.

Give it a rest. Who cares what this blabberhead says? We just beat Alabama by 4 touchdowns for 15-0 season.

Finebaum's a moron who is paid to get attention

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I though he was the doctor from Star Trek Voyager

Jul 10, 2019, 5:35 PM

Please state the nature of the football emergency!

Message was edited by: Lakedude®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The higher we rise, the farther he will fall.

Jul 10, 2019, 5:48 PM

I give a rats ### about what he says during exactly TWO short periods of time each year. I pay attention to what he says during the playoffs and up to the natty, then for maybe a week or two AFTER the natty I watch/listen to him eat crow. Otherwise, I don't care. Like zero. Like I care absolutely nothing zero, zilch, nada about what the thinks about who we took and didn't take to the freaking media days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All we need to say whenever Fartbloom says ANYTHING is

Jul 10, 2019, 5:51 PM

this little two line poem:

Forty Four to Sixteen, and Fifteen and Oh,
Mr Elephant Ears, is all you need to Know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he implying that him interviewing TL helps recruiting?

Jul 10, 2019, 6:19 PM

Our recruiting is doing just fine, thanks. Giving Finebaum an interview isn't going to help us in any way. It just helps him. They can all just enjoy Saban days next week over at ESPN. And then Dabo will bring upperclassmen like he always has.

Last time I checked Dabo was still making the decisions, so

Jul 10, 2019, 6:43 PM

I could care less what Findboom thinks! He is still salty about getting waxed in the National Championship Game. He’s like the Coots. . .Clemson is living rent free in his mind.

If my league had been curb stomped by one team over the...

Jul 10, 2019, 6:50 PM

last 10 years I'd be distracting everyone from that by talking about how bad the teams around it was too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow..... this a$$hole is really reaching.

Jul 10, 2019, 6:53 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: I'm getting tired of Finebaum's ramblings

Jul 10, 2019, 7:33 PM

Dabo is 100% correct to do what he did, and Finebaum is wrong (hardly breaking news, I know).

More than possibly any other sport, Football is a team game, and Clemson are a team in every sense of the word. As good as he is, as great as he will no doubt become, this isn't the "Trevor Lawrence Show", and I'm sure TLaw himself would be the first to acknowledge that.

Jul 10, 2019, 7:31 PM

So funny that Clemson gets so much coverage on the SEC network. Soak it in fellow tigers. Soak it in.

Jul 10, 2019, 7:46 PM

Dabo is sending a message that it doest matter how big a star you are....upperclassmen have earned the rights and privileges of rank. It will be TL time soon enough. Wingnut Fbomb just looking to fan the flames and get attention. Laugh and move on...Dabo knows exactly how to handle it. Lets get through "talking season" and kick A$$ this fall. Go TIGERS.

Jul 10, 2019, 8:43 PM

You would think that (I hate that man) Realdumb would know by now that Dabo doesn't do anything to appease them, and that Dabo don't give a chit about what they have, or show on sports center. Kiss Dabo's ASSSS Paul Realdumb!!!

Jul 10, 2019, 9:12 PM

Come on man. Don’t be stupid and say you cover the NCAA. You cover the SEC. That’s completely fine but don’t sit here and tell lies. Also DABO is the coach not you. He can take whomever he choses to ACC media day. Also I never hear you beat your chest and say the college you went to. Incase anyone doesn’t know it was Tennessee. The way he drools over Saban’s ?? you would think he went to bama.

Jul 10, 2019, 9:54 PM

#WhoTheHellCares

Jul 10, 2019, 10:43 PM

Deaf - Could he be with those ears?
Mute - We only wish.
Blind - For dang sure.

Jul 10, 2019, 10:51 PM

WHY ARE WE FOLLOWING THIS MEDIA HOUNDS EVERY MOVE AND PUTTING IT ON TNET?? Please leave the Crome Dome’s comments to the Coot fans. I don’t care about his stupid click bait comments. PLEASE stop having his face/opinions on here! Really watering down our site. No one cares!

Jul 10, 2019, 11:34 PM

Guys, let this this ### hat say what he wants. He actually talks more about us than any other SECSUC team in their own world. We know what we have and know we will dominate in the future and this BS will give our boys motivation. I say let him keep bringing his BS and we will keep reaping the benefits of all the publicity!

Jul 11, 2019, 10:00 AM

He says he does not represent the SEC yet he wrote a book called "My Conference Can Beat Your Conference: Why the SEC Still Rules College Football." Sounds like a poster child to me.

Jul 11, 2019, 12:16 PM

David Hale spent a few days on Twitter deriding the conference for not making sure the stars went to the Media Days. Finebaum just described the same thing in his own way.

Is he wrong that the media would rather hear from TL? If Dabo's given the choice, he can choose the way he wants. However, if the conference was smarter about getting publicity to promote themselves and the ACC Network, they'd have made sure TL showed up along with the top guys from the other teams.

Jul 11, 2019, 12:40 PM

Finebaum criticizes Clemson for not bringing Lawrence to ACC media days

ESPN’s Paul Finebaum came on Charlotte sports talk this week to talk Clemson and ACC football, coming off of recent comments on the ACC being a “clown show” out Read Update »

FINE BUM YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT MY SON JOHN SIMPSON AND THE REST OF THE O-LINE ARE THE DRIVING FORCE OF THE OFFENSE. WITHOUT THEM ... WOULD WE STILL BE TALKING ABOUT HOW GOOD TREVOR IS ? NOW, DONT GET ME WRONG TREVOR IS THE BEST QB IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HANDS DOWN ! BUT WITHOUT BIG JOHN SIMPSON, POLLARD, JACKSON, ANCHRUM,CERVENKA THE HYPE OF TREVOR LAWRENCE WOULDN'T BE TO THIS EXTENT. THE O-line ARE ALWAYS OVERLOOKED BUT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITIONS ON THE FIELD .WITHOUT THEM THERE WOULDN'T BE FOOTBALL!!!!

Jul 11, 2019, 12:44 PM

FINE BUM YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT MY SON JOHN SIMPSON AND THE REST OF THE O-LINE ARE THE DRIVING FORCE OF THE OFFENSE. WITHOUT THEM ... WOULD WE STILL BE TALKING ABOUT HOW GOOD TREVOR IS ? NOW, DONT GET ME WRONG TREVOR IS THE BEST QB IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL HANDS DOWN ! BUT WITHOUT BIG JOHN SIMPSON, POLLARD, JACKSON, ANCHRUM,CERVENKA THE HYPE OF TREVOR LAWRENCE WOULDN'T BE TO THIS EXTENT. THE O-line ARE ALWAYS OVERLOOKED BUT ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITIONS ON THE FIELD .WITHOUT THEM THERE WOULDN'T BE FOOTBALL!!!!

Jul 11, 2019, 2:17 PM

Marketing and beating your chest are not ways to build character in your student athletes. Look at Florida State and Miami over the last few years, lots of celebrity athletes, little success. Clemson will do just fine without Paul's comments

Would have done same if Lawrence attended. He's a goon***

Jul 11, 2019, 3:34 PM

Replies: 91
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic