Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Finebaum after Clemson's dominating win: "I couldn't believe my eyes"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Finebaum after Clemson's dominating win: "I couldn't believe my eyes"

Jan 9, 2019, 8:36 PM

Finebaum after Clemson's dominating win: "I couldn't believe my eyes"

Clemson dominated Alabama 44-16 in the national title game on Monday night, and many observers were in complete shock that believed an Alabama win was a sure th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang spell check....

Jan 9, 2019, 8:52 PM

"I couldn't believe my ears"....

Re: Dang spell check....

Jan 9, 2019, 8:59 PM

Lol

"I couldn't believe my eyes," is applicable to all...

Jan 9, 2019, 8:59 PM

ESPiN's talking heads. It stunned them to see Clemson make a fool of them by exposing their biases and rhetoric. They haven't believed their eyes all year when evaluating Clemson. Why start now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I couldn't believe my eyes," is applicable to all...

Jan 9, 2019, 10:48 PM

Sadly, my guess is that when we start next year, the SEC bias will have re-read it's SECheat agenda, and it will be all about how tough, how impressive, and how dominant their mighty conference is, and in the end, they will get curb-stomped by our lowly little ACC Clemson Tigers, yet again, and the excuses, and the conversation, etc, will re-start. They are s predictable as a sunrise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now all of them are working on figuring out...

Jan 10, 2019, 6:25 AM

a strong list of talking points to excuse the loss of the 'Greatest Offense Saban has ever had.' When there's satisfied that football fans believe the excuses they will create their list of why Alabama will be better and Clemson will fall off.

All that is going to be a little tougher than the 2016 loss to Clemson because fans won't buy it after that askwhuppin we laid on the SEC flagship football program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only thing separting tua and lawrnece

Jan 9, 2019, 9:10 PM

in a means of big games was the second half of last years national title game..other than that both have played in the same number of ultimate big games..cotton for lawrence, acc title for lawrence vs orange for tua and sec title game for tua...they kept acting like tua had played his second full season..this was his first year starting as well..and guess who had the freshman moment? it was tua

Re: the only thing separting tua and lawrnece

Jan 9, 2019, 10:51 PM

They make up whatever they think they need to in order to defend their pseudo superiority. Sit back and watch it happen again.

The best part is, we aren"t going anywhere., and we will curb stomp them again next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe his ears.***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:12 PM

Re: I can't believe his ears.***

Jan 9, 2019, 10:53 PM

He really should hope (pray) the wind lays low during a game, lest he be swept away.

I'm no Finebaum fan, but i did watch this...did he really

Jan 9, 2019, 9:15 PM

say that if you had to bet on who won more CFPs in the next few years out of Dabo or Saban, he would bet on Dabo? Granted he mentioned SEC SEC SEC as part of the reason, but he also said all Saban can do at this point is rearrange the chairs on the titanic? Wow, for a guy that is always on the Saban teat, that sounded out of place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm no Finebaum fan, but i did watch this...did he really

Jan 9, 2019, 10:55 PM

Great point! +1

Re: I'm no Finebaum fan, but i did watch this...did he really

Jan 10, 2019, 7:22 AM [ in reply to I'm no Finebaum fan, but i did watch this...did he really ]

He is no different than any of the other SEC homers, he is jumping on the ride that seems to be the best at the time!!! Take the state fair for an instant, the longest line for the rides at the fair will be at the rides that everyone is saying is the best and most exciting ride. That's the exact thing these guys that cover sports does. They look for what should be the best and most exciting team, and they will lead neutral fans to jump on that bandwagon, and hope that team makes them to be the smartest of sports reporters in reporting the best in sports. By doing so like they have done with Saban and Bama, it has helped in streaming the best players to Bama. The moment they convince the majority that Dabo and Clemson is the new in thing in FB, Dabo will have to turn away 5 star recuits just as Saban has been doing at Bama. Sabans down fall has been members of his coaching staff chasing Head Coaching jobs, and now he don't have that good of a staff as he has had in the pass, and it's getting harder to win the way he was when he had coaches like the Kirby Smart's....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Finebaum after Clemson's dominating win: "I couldn't believe my eyes"

Jan 9, 2019, 9:17 PM

No Paul, Trevor didn’t prove EVERYBODY wrong......he proved YOU wrong!

Everybody's eating from the Crow Buffet today. Love it!***

Jan 9, 2019, 9:28 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol at that picture.

Jan 9, 2019, 9:30 PM

How has he not been cast in a Star Trek picture?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: lol at that picture.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:14 PM

You may be thinking of Jar Jar Binks...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Re: lol at that picture.

Jan 12, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to lol at that picture. ]

I wondered whatever became of Quark...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2019, 9:58 PM

Could hardly understand the audio. Seems like there must have been some elephant ears in front of the microphone...

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want to go pro go to Alabama???

Jan 9, 2019, 11:27 PM

Implying if you go to Clemson you will not. What a buffoon / hack this guy is?

2019 1st round says hello dumbo!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have around 8 1st and 2nd rounders this year...

Jan 10, 2019, 8:43 AM

This man puts the Ho in SEC Homer

Jan 10, 2019, 6:15 AM

Paul Finnebaum is a train wreck that you stop to watch...I watched this to hear some praises for Clemson, and once again, I was disappointed. To me, it was typical of WHY Alabama lost instead of WHY Clemson WON. And for the love of god, ESPN please have a class on the correct pronunciation of CLEMSON for your employees!!

Jan 10, 2019, 7:17 AM

Brent Venables doesn’t seem to be getting enough love for his master class in defensive football. He has as much or more to do with the win as any player or other coach. Give the man a raise

He said Alabama had the BETTER team. LOLzzzz***

Jan 10, 2019, 7:48 AM

Jan 10, 2019, 8:08 AM

Paul wears blue shoes.

Jan 10, 2019, 8:18 AM

Two observations about Finebaum...1)Ten years ago, he stated: Clemson will NEVER make it with Dabo Swinney-They need to FIRE him and HIRE---- RICH RODRIGUEZ. 2)After winning the NC in '16 he told Clemson callers to " Get over yourselves."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 1:24 PM

Finebaum is immaterial. He doesn't really like or care about the game. PF is a celebrity jock sniffer who focuses on and talks too much about coaches and too little about players or the game. He doesn't enjoy the goodness of the game and the manner in which so many college football fans love and embrace our teams.

The instant Clemson became the Champion PF moves to "How did this happen to Saban? What will Saban do now? SABAN SABAN SABAN

WEIRD.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic