Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game

Jan 2, 2019, 6:54 PM

FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game

Clemson and Alabama meet for in the national title game for the third in four seasons and a fourth-straight campaign overall on Jan. 7 in Santa Clara, Californi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game

Jan 2, 2019, 7:00 PM

Not mobile? Not our fault Trevor doesn’t have to run. But when he does run.........not mobile enough???

Jan 2, 2019, 7:25 PM

Trevor Lawrence has a good set of wheels when he has to use them, and like you said, he rarely has to use them. There is a lot that TL can do that I believe has been held back just for this game. I know and I understand that Dabo could never in a life admit that TL was place at starter when Dabo had already plan to do so, and that was before KB played more than he was allowed to by the new NCAA rule. I personally believe that was the plan and had been discussed with his staff about doing it while they were in fall camp!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game ]

Trevor Lawrence not mobile? Are they kidding? Have they not watched of our games? He can fly.

Jan 2, 2019, 7:18 PM

The mobility factor kinda scares me too, but I trust our Co OC's to put Trevor in good situations...Go Tigers!!

Jan 2, 2019, 7:30 PM

TL is pretty mobile. Move the pocket one way or the other, In straight drop backs, he is going to need the help of Feaster or Choice, and possibly a TE. The staff knows a heckuva lot more about this than me. Just throwing stuff out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 8:17 PM

Trevor is more mobile than he looks. On the first pass play against ND several Irish defenders broke through and one even got a hand on Trevor. He spun around and ran away from them. The pass was incomplete but his escapeability was very evident. I do think we can help by rolling him out of the pocket and he has shown he can throw a rope while rolling in either direction.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:21 PM

To me, not much of a difference in mobility between DW4 and TL. Both run well when they have to. TL with the stronger arm, decreasing the chance of picks.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:02 PM

The secret weapon is that Tua is mobile and Trevor isn't ? LOL

Jan 3, 2019, 3:46 AM

I just hope they play us very similar to last year. Run game is going to be the biggest thing. If we can't move the ball with them rushing 4, TL is going to have to be perfect. If they have to create pressure with blitzes, then I think Bama is on their heels, and wont really know what to do.

Jan 3, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game ]

Tua's mobile until he's not with those glass ankles.

Jan 3, 2019, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX Sports panel picks Clemson-Alabama game ]

Watch his HS film, TL showed amazing arm strength rolling to the left and throwing the ball back to his right accurately with plenty of Zip in HS. I couldn't get enough of watching film, and I just knew he was going to be special for us!!! Our Fans were saying we would never have another DW4, and I was saying we was going to have a 6'6" TL with amazing arm strength and accuracy that was going to be special. I hope we get more like TL or DW4, like either will be awesome!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 4:08 AM

I just realized if Clemson wins they will be 2-1 against Bama in National Title Games. Of course this doesn't really matter because this season is all about this teams journey, but its a nice perk, especially considering there's players on the team that were involved in the other two National Title games with Bama.

My biggest concern is what Alabama players are going to do

Jan 3, 2019, 11:25 AM

to TL if/when he does run. He's more than capable running the football. He just takes some rather bad hits at times when he does. TL's going to need to really be aware and get down or out of bounds asap in this game to avoid those kinds of hits from Bama defenders.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic