Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: FOX Sports analysts predict CFB playoff, CFB champ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: FOX Sports analysts predict CFB playoff, CFB champ

Sep 21, 2018, 3:45 PM

FOX Sports analysts predict CFB playoff, CFB champ

Fox Sports' College Football analysts are super impressed with Alabama through the first three weeks of the football season. All six of their analysts picked th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: FOX Sports analysts predict CFB playoff, CFB champ

Sep 21, 2018, 4:12 PM

I see old Klatt is still salty about the whooping we laid on him in 2005 bowl game

No! Klatt is not

Sep 21, 2018, 5:53 PM

I see old Klatt is still salty about the whooping we laid on him in 2005 bowl game

Me! Not!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 21, 2018, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FOX Sports analysts predict CFB playoff, CFB champ ]

Previous writer mentions Klatt as poor loser. I don't know who he is. What game did we beat him?

Champ Sports Bowl - Colorado***

Sep 21, 2018, 10:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Champ Sports Bowl - Colorado***

Sep 22, 2018, 7:13 AM

They couldn't stop James Davis ... and now Joel Klatt can't stop hating .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 21, 2018, 4:14 PM

Joel Klatt is an idiot

Sep 21, 2018, 5:07 PM

Joel Klatt is an idiot

He is the biggest idiot ever...if UGA and Alabama make the SEC championship, why have them play again. If one doesn't, they should be left out. I thought Bama should have been left out last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2 SEC teams? How can they make it happen?

Sep 21, 2018, 9:57 PM

Agreed. CFP is not intended to be the SEC Invitational, no matter how much these guys want it to be.

Klatt is either disrespecting both Bama and Clemson, or he is an idiot. I opt for the second.

So the selection committee is supposed to take the top 4, but no team has ever been selected that lost their Conference Championship Game.

2017 was the first time that there were not 4 one-loss or better conference champions. Since there were only 3, the fourth participant had to be chosen amongst one-loss SEC also-ran Alabama; 2-loss Conference champ Ohio St; or unbeaten Group of 5 UCF.

NOT UNDER CONSIDERATION were one-loss conference runner-up Wisconsin; multiple-loss conference runner-up Auburn; or multiple-loss conference Champ from the Pac.

In order for a second SEC team to jump into the CFP, it has to be a team (like Bama 2017) that didn't lose it's conference championship, like Auburn or LSU if Bama wins out. Or GA if KY wins out.

Even a close loss in the SECCG would disqualify the loser, unless the rest of college football again leaves a void for the fourth spot. Clemson, Stanford, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ohio St--all it takes is for 3 smong others to be one-loss conference champions (or ND) and that 4th invitation will go to a conference champion. AS IT SHOULD.

Don't get me wrong. I do think the top SEC teams might very well be dominant. But the CFP is supposed to be about reality, not perception. My perception that you have a top 4 team because you win a conference game on the road by 50 points is trumped by the reality that you didn't win your conference. Therefore, since this is a national championship, that spot should belong to a qualifying team that did. End of discussion.

Klatt is making a childish, unsubstantiated point.

Shocking

Sep 21, 2018, 4:19 PM

...as I recall it's been the same exact story for the last 3-4 years.

'BAMA ALWAYS comes out in midseason form at the begining of the season. They the best at it.

Even in 2016 when Clemson won the NC everybody thought 'Bama was best team EVER in the history of CFB...right up until they lost.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Frickn Klatt what a goof!

Sep 21, 2018, 4:22 PM

That guy is the biggest dumba$$ this side of Mel Kiper!! That guy is only employed for his hot takes. This guy wouldnt last bagging groceries

BREAKING NEWS

Sep 21, 2018, 4:29 PM

Some guys guess who will be in the playoffs in three months.

Please keep us updated for more developments.

Sep 21, 2018, 4:50 PM

I would like to see Dabo unleash the Hounds of Hell Saturday and pray for forgiveness on Sunday..

Clemson finished the regular season in the top spot.

Sep 21, 2018, 4:55 PM

After that it's UGA who beat Bama in the SECCCG, OU who goes undefeated with a weak SOS.

Clemson and OU go undefeated while UGA, Bama face off with one loss each. It wouldn't surprise me to see Bama jump us for the #1 spot in the NCG.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it before and I will say it again...

Sep 21, 2018, 5:05 PM

Georgia WILL NOT make a return trip to the college football playoffs this season.

Georgia will lose at least one regular season game to either LSU or Auburn and then drop a second game against Bama in the SECCG effectively eliminating them from the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wow, these guys are slow

Sep 21, 2018, 5:44 PM

Tnet had this figured out 10 minutes into the Bama/old mess game.

Sep 21, 2018, 6:24 PM

To my knowledge, if my memory serves me, Joel Klatt is a blatant, unapologetic Clemson hater. Am I wrong?

Sep 21, 2018, 9:14 PM

The not so big surprise... Joel Klatt picking against Clemson. What else is new, it is what it is with him. No better time than for Clemson to bring its A game tomorrow against Georgia Tech and start proving Joel Klatt wrong AGAIN when it comes to his opinion of Clemson.

Sep 21, 2018, 10:01 PM

Here's where I stand with it...

right now, if the play-offs were today...
Georgia, Bama, OU and OSU

But they aren't- And Clemson has gotta get better and I expect
they will; Come Jan- > Clemson- Georgia- OSU and OU

I hate to pee-pee on your picnic but...

Sep 22, 2018, 1:25 AM

These Clemson Tigers will be your National Champions. No one has seen what this team is capable of but we will very soon.

Bama might win every game left on their schedule 70-0 but the Tigers are bringing the NC trophy home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to pee-pee on your picnic but...

Sep 22, 2018, 1:41 AM

These Clemson Tigers will be your National Champions. No one has seen what this team is capable of but we will very soon.

Bama might win every game left on their schedule 70-0 but the Tigers are bringing the NC trophy home.

You ###### straight they are!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had to get up earlier than planned on account

Sep 22, 2018, 6:30 AM

of an urge to take a big ol' Klatt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic