Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN's Palmer on Bryant's transfer: "It's a premature decision"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN's Palmer on Bryant's transfer: "It's a premature decision"

Sep 28, 2018, 8:39 AM

ESPN's Palmer on Bryant's transfer: "It's a premature decision"

The transfer news of Kelly Bryant has national media pundits talking 24/7 with their hot takes and differing opinions. Get used to transfer discussions because Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice thumbnail***

Sep 28, 2018, 8:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Instant gratification

Sep 28, 2018, 8:46 AM

Can be part of the 'big picture', but, it's not the 'big picture', in and of itself. KB needs to learn that and, hopefully, will in time. Essentially, he's looking to play four more games elsewhere, because he was going to play in the remaining eleven, almost certainly. At day's end, perhaps his decision will satisfy him, but...unless he can resolve his feelings, transferring will only be a mask...not the solution.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Instant gratification

Sep 28, 2018, 9:21 AM

Four more if his destination wins their conf. championship and they make the NC game, but he may only get a coupke extra games in the transfer.

Plus, he won't get a ring this year.

Re: TNET: ESPN's Palmer on Bryant's transfer: "It's a premature decision"

Sep 28, 2018, 8:44 AM

"ALL OUT" for KB. Most emotional decisions are not the best long term......

Sep 28, 2018, 11:19 AM

Young people today are encouraged and taught to operate only on emotions. It makes the sheep more pliable. It’s easier to advertise and sell someone when their decisions are made in the “heat of the moment.”

Sep 28, 2018, 1:10 PM

Well said. Sad, but true.

Sep 28, 2018, 9:00 AM

I was watching when Palmer said that. I thought everything he said made a lot of sense.

Sep 28, 2018, 9:06 AM

and yet he cant wear a suit that fits, tie a proper tie knot, or comb his hair

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 11:23 AM

+1. Someone has convinced him that is “stylish.” I always wondered if the “holding the pen” hand gestures while standing and commenting on a game are taught in television school. Cantore on the “weather channel” does it too.

And those socks.....

Sep 28, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN's Palmer on Bryant's transfer: "It's a premature decision" ]

ugh.

Oh my! I’m starting to like Jesse- in spite of his clothes.***

Sep 28, 2018, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 9:40 AM

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd agree with both Finebaum and Jesse Palmer..

Lightning done struck the Capitol

Sep 28, 2018, 3:35 PM

Finebaum and Palmer on the same Clemson Page????????

Holy Canoles!!!!!

Sep 28, 2018, 10:08 AM

Selfish. Team sport = do what's best for the team, not what you think is best for you. Maybe tennis or golf is a better sport for you if you are only doing what is best for yourself.

If anyone knows about being premature

Sep 28, 2018, 10:25 AM

Its Palmer

Kelly Bryant is the first to have this choice

Sep 28, 2018, 11:27 AM

Last year, KB would have been disappointed, but I'm sure he would have gotten back to work because he had no other choice.

Now he does.

Is this the right move? Will he be successful? Will this become commonplace?

Nobody knows.

KB is the test of the redshirt rule. If Clemson keeps winning and Kelly is successful next year, then transfers will be more common and an accepted part of college football, like mid-season trades. If not, then then things will have to be re-thought.

Sep 28, 2018, 11:53 AM

Palmer’s thoughts here along with Cris Carter’s are in line with my thinking! Very sadly Kelly has shown he is just as much a product of today’s sad generation of snowflakes! Please don’t get me wrong, I do not wish the boy any I’ll will, but children today lack backbone and their beliefs of how they behave and how they are treated are so out of touch with the real world! To think Kelly actually said I’ve done everything they asked of me, never been in trouble, no he didn’t come right out and say it, but he was saying I deserve to start! REALLY, talk about a little SNOWFLAKE kind of thought process! That’s a cancerous thought process that doesn’t belong in our TEAM MENTALITY!!! Kelly Bryant I’ve never been against you, but boy you got beat!!!! To me you’ve shown that you think you couldn’t beat TL out again and you’re a quitter! No I won’t turn my back on you, but truly the Tigers don’t need a quitter, a self doubter in their locker room! Good luck to you SNOWFLAKE!!!! I know in 2020 and years after I’ll never see you on Sundays! Good luck in the real world boy!!!

Sep 28, 2018, 12:09 PM

That was a whole mouthful of truth.

Sep 28, 2018, 3:34 PM

Yep, the people that are making the rules, before it's said and done, they will will have ruled them selves out of a job bc the will have screwed college FB up so bad, that the fans will start to trickle away bc of severely watered down college FB!!! But I bet that in their next job, someone else will be making the rules they work by, and they won't like that to much when talking to their fellow employees about the stupid rules they have to work under!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2018, 4:32 PM

It was definitely knee jerk reaction. He didn't go find a better job, he quit, hoping he will find a better job. A lot of teams are looking for guys who will transfer if they dont start every game, huge market for them right now

Re: TNET: ESPN's Palmer on The Bachelor

Sep 28, 2018, 5:57 PM

Nice zing on Jesse's Bachelor appearance!

But yea, I agree with him...I've mellowed over the years on listening to Jesse. Not quite as annoying as he used to be.

Palmer finally is right about something

Sep 29, 2018, 9:19 AM

Guess a blind hog can find an acorn every once in a while

Re: TNET: ESPN's Palmer on Bryant's transfer:

Sep 29, 2018, 10:36 AM

By Kelly's own words he did not take the "one injury away from the starting job" under Watson and it is why he did not develop further along going into last year, then again this year. That attitude caught up with him. I'm sorry folks, that is the problem. True he put work in but he also has had an issue when not being named the number 1. Now, Dabo ain't going to say it but it is there by Kelly's track record and in his own words in interviews back in the Spring/Fall of 2017.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic