Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo Swinney's postgame comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 82
| visibility 101

TNET: ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo Swinney's postgame comments

Dec 2, 2019, 9:49 AM

ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo Swinney's postgame comments

Clemson's ROY bus is gassing up and headed to Charlotte. ESPN announcer Chris Fowler is apparently tired of the the ROY bus and rants by on how his teams don't Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good.***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but what does Finebaum think?

Dec 2, 2019, 9:53 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Agree. Finebaum's approval is what I want most in this crazy mixed up world.***

Dec 2, 2019, 3:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly I would have to agree

Dec 2, 2019, 9:59 AM

I think we should be 3rd going into the playoffs and are probably the 2nd best team in the country. Although it's really hard to assess how we stack up against the other two.

Nationally we have a relatively small fan base and are no longer Cinderella. Living in Virginia where nobody really hates Clemson, I hear, "we would like to see someone other than Clemson/Bama".

It's pretty natural. Of course I'm happy to beat someone else other than Bama. Just don't lose to OSU. They're the worst.

Re: Honestly I would have to agree

Dec 2, 2019, 10:56 AM

Yes, do not lose to OSU. They are the biggest obnoxious fans anywhere....
I disagree with you that we’re the second best team; until someone other than Bama or Clemson shows they can win the big one, then we ARE the team to beat. We are built to win big games.
People can say what they want, but the Natty runs through Clemson until someone knocks us off which is not something I’d bet on.

Dec 2, 2019, 12:12 PM

Just asking why did he stop doing Gameday?

Dec 2, 2019, 7:59 PM

Cuz he’s old as dirt and needed a break.

Dec 2, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Honestly I would have to agree ]

Cuz he’s old as dirt and needed a break.

Dec 2, 2019, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Honestly I would have to agree ]

Clemson and the coaching staff is doing everything they are supposed to do regardless of the size of the fanbase, or the size of the school, or where ever it is located, and that is to win FB games. Clemson coaches, and Clemson small little fan base don't make schedules to play who they want to play at any named destination. Clemson plays by the exact rules as every college program in the country has to play by that's set by the NCAA... Just win and FK any who has a problem seeing little ole Clemson at the top of college FB.

Dabo's job is to do everything that is in his power to do whatever it takes within the rules to keep the Clemson Tiger FB at the top for as long as he wants to stay at Clemson. With Dabo having the ability to lead our FB to the top, not doing so would be absolute wrong and should be gone, but that isn't who our HC is, he is a man of honor and respect that will do his best for Clemson and the FB program, and for anyone that is jealous of that, screw them, hire someone with the ability that Dabo has, and let them hear of all the jealousy and back stabbing that Dabo has to face every year that he has our Tigers on top. Our fanbase maybe small, but I feel that every last one of us stands proud of every win that Dabo has guided our FB program to. And if you love Dabo for what he has done at Clemson, then don't be ashamed of what he says to the media bc, like Dabo has done with our FB program, he does with the media, he does it his way, and I'm a 100% behind him with whatever way he chooses to do that regardless of how off base or funny it sounds with him doing it his way!!! Go Tigers, and beat the world of college FB One stinking team at a time, in front of all the stinking media at the same time!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Honestly I would have to agree ]

I'm fine with that. Keep Alabama out of it. The problem with that narrative is, they were okay with Alabama returning, but not Clemson. The bias is alive and well. I wish it weren't, but it is what it is. It only matters because ESPN is a very watched channel, and it matters because they also own the SEC network, and they do show favoritism (all could see it when AL lost and no longer should be a factor in this year's playoffs). It really is just that simple. They then had to jump to ugay (another SECheat team) who lost to one of the weak sisters of the poor, but that will be ignored (funny how that happens). We may not win our way into the final game, but at least, we will have earned it on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Fowler and Dabo.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:01 AM

Fowler is right, but Dabo is a genius in motivating his team.

It’s kind of similar to the po’mouthing ala Danny Ford and Vince Dooley who would build up their opponents every week.

Keep on point Dabo. What do they expect him to say, that the ACC is terrible except for Clemson when we have to play these teams?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Both are correct. And I'm ok with that.***

Dec 2, 2019, 10:11 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I agree with Fowler and Dabo.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I agree with Fowler and Dabo. ]

Amazing how college football always seems to gets the juices flowing. Chris Fowler is pretty staid in his comments, so I would not read too much into this. Dabo is a passionate coach and any motivational tricks are always welcomed. Switzer, Johnson, Holtz, Dooley, all of 'em, always said things to get people riled. But, their teams were tremendous. Keep on truckin' that ROY bus, Dabo!

Re: TNET: ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo Swinney's postgame comments

Dec 2, 2019, 10:18 AM

I think it's more the point that if we struggle with Virginia or would have only beaten SC by 7, the media (not necessarily the committee) would be finding a way to leave us out. A few short weeks ago, "analysts" were literally saying that Clemson could go undefeated and miss the playoffs. If I recall, a certain "analyst" whose name rhymes with Feather Spinach was pushing the narrative that we could be left out even if undefeated.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:33 AM

How about Whether Finished?

Dec 2, 2019, 12:20 PM

Better Sammich?

Debtor Visage

point for Feather Spinach ***

Dec 2, 2019, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo Swinney's postgame comments ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No analysts were saying that. You made that up.

Dec 2, 2019, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer not a fan of Dabo Swinney's postgame comments ]

And undefeated Clemson was never going to miss the playoffs.

Re: No analysts were saying that. You made that up.

Dec 2, 2019, 5:32 PM

Lol. Multiple ESPN personalities suggested it. Just because you didn't hear it in your little bubble doesn't mean it wasn't said.

Which ones?***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:30 PM

Heather Dinich for one, here's a link to a tweet about it

Dec 3, 2019, 7:16 PM

https://twitter.com/DavidGlennShow/status/1195043340061949952

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have any respect for Chris Fowler

Dec 2, 2019, 10:22 AM

Don't forget that Fowler said Clemson was wrong by letting Tommy Bowden go because 8-9 wins should've been good enough for a school like Clemson. He said that right after the firing. But he's right this time. We should be 3rd, but Dabo is right too. We heard all September and October how Clemson wasn't for real and Trevor has regressed. They STILL bring up the close win over UNC. It's talked about in ALL of our games. They can't let it go and that's the kind of stuff that irritates Dabo. Now that we're clicking, ESPN wants to change their story and pretend they always gave us praise and Dabo's having none of it.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:36 AM

fowler been at this along time......just media schtick.....coming from the northeast we see it all the time.....winning games is what matters....

Who ? Why would I care what this person thinks ?

Dec 2, 2019, 10:37 AM

I do not respect his work or his thoughts.

Yes, but insert (Trad. Blue Blood) into 27-0 streak and all

Dec 2, 2019, 10:38 AM

We hear about is that team, total coverage. ESPiN couldn’t care less about Clemson and it is blatant.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:42 AM

The fact people don't realize Dabo's whole rant was him taking up for the ACC is asinine. It's championship season and every year Dabo uses this "us against the world" narrative to fire his guys up. And still to this day the media is so dayum stupid they don't realize they play right into his hand. The fact is we have the whole season to look back on where everyone is taking shots at the ACC and Clemson when they played the close game to UNC. We have the fact though Clemson is on a 27 game win streak and the defending national champs they were ranked 5th in the first CFP. We have the fact that Georgia had played no one when they lost to South Carolina and Dabo is absolutely telling the truth when he said they were talking about ways to keep Georgia in the picture. We have the first 4 or 5 games of the season where they bashed Clemson and TL16. So Chris Fowler can try and cry foul all he wants, the proof is in the pudding and in this case the internet truly is forever.

Maybe Fowler doesn't see it, he isn't on Gameday any more

Dec 2, 2019, 10:43 AM

What Dabo is saying is true. I've watched Gameday and College Football Live and everything college football on ESPN for decades. I've always watched at least some of Gameday unless I had to work or something. This year is different. The bias against Clemson is real. I just stopped watching all ESPN college football talk a few weeks ago. This is the first time I've ever just stopped watching. I'm sick of it. Why would Fowler see it? He covers some games and that's it. I'm just waiting for the playoff so the Tigers and take care of business on the field.

Well that's one ESPN reporter who knows his facts about

Dec 2, 2019, 10:45 AM

Clemson's record. Others say we took an L to UNCheat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Thanks for sharing this link. I like Herbie and Chis

Dec 2, 2019, 10:52 AM

Curmudgeons on the board should have skipped right by this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Thanks for sharing this link. I like Herbie and Chis

Dec 2, 2019, 10:57 AM

Doesn't matter what they think anymore - the prelims are over and The Clemson Invitational (CFP) is beginning.

Dec 2, 2019, 10:59 AM

Fowler is a typical sports marketeer sucking on the teat of the sec bell cow. He's been part of the same narrative that was trying to talk Clemson out of the playoff, until it was, however painfully obvious, that Clemson wasn't going along with the program.

If uga hadn't loss to scar, we'd be #5, and listening to him talk about how a 1 loss lsu or uga deserves to be in ahead of undefeated Clemson.

I love how Dabo keeps poking them in the eye, and they take the bait.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 5:32 PM

rgby83® said:

Fowler is a typical sports marketeer sucking on the teat of the sec bell cow. He's been part of the same narrative that was trying to talk Clemson out of the playoff, until it was, however painfully obvious, that Clemson wasn't going along with the program.

If uga hadn't loss to scar, we'd be #5, and listening to him talk about how a 1 loss lsu or uga deserves to be in ahead of undefeated Clemson.

I love how Dabo keeps poking them in the eye, and they take the bait.

Go Tigers!

This!

So True! Everyone is already lost as Dabo is a couple steps ahead of everyone. Making the case for "the next time"! Had Georgia not lost as you said, "we would be on the outside looking in despite looking dominant". Knocking our schedule and not mentioning Alabama's is clear bias!
The SEC is a great conference "at the top" but not impressive in the middle and bottom at all. Nothing that amazes me and not worthy of any of their teams getting a pass!

Fowler can just get over it! Dabo is motivating his team as he should!
The extra juice and energy they put into downing the ACC wasn't about downing Duke or Louisville Football. It was because they are tired of seeing Clemson in it. I went to Carowinds over the summer wearing a Clemson Tee. At least 3 people struck up a conversation saying "I just hope it's someone other than ya'll and Alabama"! Or one dumb dumb said, "ya'll should give someone else a chance"! So the people at ESPN who appeal to marketing firms and companies who want to advertise using the games "probably say the same thing"?!!?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are both right. I'm not angry Crump.***

Dec 2, 2019, 11:05 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which is kinda the point of the comments***

Dec 2, 2019, 11:07 AM

Dec 2, 2019, 11:10 AM

Fowler is missing Dabo’s point. He isn’t fixated on Georgia losing to South Carolina, it is the media and their fixation on a one point victory over UNC and Trevor throwing a few picks early on? Clemson best GT in the opener 52-14, Travis etienne rushed for 200 yards and you’d have thought we lost because Trevor threw two picks. One was a bad throw but he made and excellent play made the tackle the defense held and no worse for the wear the second one that day was a Hail Mary before the half? Oh no the sky is falling. Fowler stayed “everyone knows Clemson is good!!” Is laughable. If that’s so why then are we told that unless we go undefeated we’re out?? Alabama has two losses they aren’t playing for their conference title and they still have a 43% chance of getting In. If let’s say the weather was awful and the field was a swimming pool and we lost 7-6 to uva In Our 13th game we’d be out? So if everyone knows we are so good Chris, why wouldn’t they put us in? But a two loss Bama team with its backup and a defense that cannot stop anyone gets in? I disagree that we should be three

These guys are all jokes

Dec 2, 2019, 11:10 AM

Dec 2, 2019, 11:16 AM

Chris... You got a job and Dabo's got a job... He spouts off and you react... You know that Dabo likes you guys..Just imagine the push and shove in Politics...

Except Dabo is actually creating great value

Dec 2, 2019, 11:27 AM

Dec 2, 2019, 11:19 AM

He’s right you know

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 11:24 AM

I also disagree about being three? We led the nation in scoring defense led in passing defense never gave up over 300 yards and were second in total defense by one half a yard per game. We are third in total offense. That’s with a running back who has four fourth down carries, the whole season. Our defense gave up 121 points this year. 46 in the fourth quarter. I’m not saying that as a negative but if our first team stayed In imagine how crazy the stats would be. Here’s what dabo and the rest of us mean about Clemson bias. Joe Burrows has a nice season played well and broke the sec passing record and on espn’s college football final he was awarded a helmet sticker and they sang his praises. Etienne breaks the ACC all time career touchdown mark not only doesn’t he get a helmet sticker the fact that he broke that record was never even mentioned? He doesn’t have forty carries total for the season in the second half leads the country in yards per carry but isn’t mentioned for the doak walker award?? You’re going to tell me there are not one or two backs that are better but six?? I’ll tell you that you don’t watch football or you don’t like Clemson it’s that simple. Chase young is being talked about for a heisman. Shouldn’t the fact that he was suspended for two games for cheating disqualify him to start with (what a joke of a punishment he had to miss Rutgers and Maryland) Even if you give him a pass like everyone has he rushes the passer. That’s it. He rushes the passer. Simmons does that, plays the run. Moved to linebacker covers the covers punts and kickoffs and oh yeah Saturday he was covering the slot receiver. The field announcer asked the guys in the booth when have you seen that from any other player this entire season? He does it all and unless you’ve watched a Clemson game you will never know who he is. Once again Fowler actually by saying what he did confirmed Swinney point. Coach was asked a question and he answered it wasn’t a rant. It’s really sad that here’s a coach and a team that does this the right way. We graduate our kids we don’t get in trouble we don’t cheat. You don’t see our players acting like punks or giving cheap shots. We’ve proven you can win the right way and instead of celebrating it we tear it down. Shame on those who do that. You don’t have to like us but ###### you better respect us

A question to all of those saying that we should be 3rd.....

Dec 2, 2019, 11:24 AM

If Alabama were 12-0 with (what is close to) our strength of schedule and strength of record where would the talking heads rank them? It's the same bias as it's always been and that's what Dabo is pushing back against it. The game is king of the hill and everyone else is looking at "Little Ole Clemson" standing at the top of the hill saying that we aren't there like that talking us off the top will knock us off. I'll take that motivation every day of the week and twice on Sunday, but the end result will be our fans having to travel to Arizona instead of Atlanta. So it is as much a slap in the face to the Clemson faithful as much as the team itself.

Re: A question to all of those saying that we should be 3rd.....

Dec 2, 2019, 12:46 PM

Well they were 3rd whenever they were unbeaten a few weeks ago so....

We've been ranked #1 in the CFP multiple times, but that's when we had wins over several top 25 teams which is something we don't have this year while LSU and Ohio State do.

Fowler needs to watch ESPN***

Dec 2, 2019, 11:39 AM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

He's not wrong

Dec 2, 2019, 11:42 AM

I too am getting a little annoyed with Dabo's comments. We are a very good team and everyone knows that, but the quality wins simply do not compare to Ohio State and LSU at this point. That is why we are 3rd and I'm ok with that. Some things are just better kept in house. I think the constant complaining to the media is getting old.

You need to read his comments again then

Dec 2, 2019, 11:50 AM

Re: You need to read his comments again then

Dec 2, 2019, 12:53 PM

The rankings are only about the current season though. We started off #1 based on last year, but we just haven't had the chance to play a high number of quality opponents this year like some other teams have. How was Bama given preferential treatment exactly? We were #1 until the 1 point win over UNC and dropped because we hadn't looked like the most complete team at that point during this season. Then Bama was #3 in the first CFP ranking.

How has Georgia had special treatment exactly? They lost a bad game yes, but we lost to Syracuse 2 years ago who finished at 4-8 and we were still the #1 team in the CFP that year. So should Georgia not be in the race for a playoff spot at this point? Which team ranked behind them has done more than they have exactly? It won't matter anyway if they lose to LSU, but they're still ranked behind us even so I don't understand how they're getting better treatment than us.

Re: You need to read his comments again then

Dec 2, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to You need to read his comments again then ]

As far as national recognition goes, wasn't Lawrence the clear Heisman favorite going into the season?

I think ETN is the best running back in the country, and if he had more volume he'd probably be in the Heisman race. His yards per carry is crazy good, but unfortunately he doesn't get the volume. He's 10th in rushing yards, and 9th in rushing touchdowns. It probably is unfair, but it's hard to just hand him all the awards based on assuming his production with more carries.

Higgins is awesome, and is suffering from a similar volume issue. However, the only stat he's even close to being in the top 20 nationally in is touchdowns which he is 23rd in.

I think we all agree that many of our guys would be at or near the top in the nation in most stats with more touches, or at least a need to play later into games which would create additional volume. Unfortunately though that isn't the case.

my response was more to do with Dabo's comments

Dec 2, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to You need to read his comments again then ]

and how he thinks we are being disrespected and placed at #3 despite winning 27 in a row.

The new CFP rankings have zero to do with prior year success with no biases (at least they arent supposed to). Even Dabo says that last year's wins and titles mean nothing to the 2019 team. So why is he expecting special treatment from last year? The ACC is down for sure and Clemson is 12-0. There are two other 12-0 teams in stronger conferences with better wins. On paper it's easy to put OSU and LSU in front. UGA is just a place holder at 4.

I've had this argument with friends all the time: it doesn't matter who you lose to, its when/how you lose. UGA lost a close game at home to a very bad team, but that was weeks ago and so much has changed since allowing them to move up. They've controlled their destiny the whole way. We are so late in the season that Clemson cannot afford to lose because we will get dropped out of the top 4, just the way it is. It may be unfair but you cannot lose the last game of the season and expect to be there: the margin for error is too small.

Re: my response was more to do with Dabo's comments

Dec 3, 2019, 1:51 AM

We’ll see a test to your theory that you can’t lose a game this late in the season and expect to be in the playoff when LSU loses to UGA.

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dec 2, 2019, 11:45 AM

WGAS what Chris Fowler thinks....

Wow..Herbie & Fowler been together 24 years!

Dec 2, 2019, 11:49 AM

Amazing..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 11:51 AM

Before I read this article, I just want to say who really gives a Chit about what Chris Fowler thinks or doesn't think, or what he likes or doesn't like. I don't think that Tiger nation cares anymore about what he thinks or believes, anymore than Tiger nation would care about a stinkless fart!!! Whatever he has to say, it wouldn't surprise any of us bc he works for the ESECPN hype machine that hypes everything SEC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are running out of people

Dec 2, 2019, 11:54 AM

That we don’t hate

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 11:56 AM

I guess I am in the minority but I don't think that this is an act to motivated the players. He may use it to motivate them, but I by no means think that it is not genuine. I think he believes that these young men who he considers family deserve more respect than they get, and I think he sees this as a fight to get it for them.

The idea that everybody thinks highly of Clemson, ignores all of the criticisms from earlier. Most of us pay some kind of a price for the stupid things that we say. The sports media does not think that should apply to them.

Dec 2, 2019, 12:12 PM

I'm not a fan of Fowler so I guess it's a wash.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fowler is a good guy and has always praised Clemson and

Dec 2, 2019, 12:13 PM

Dabo. Dabo's rant was meant for the SEC talking heads. Also, this thing Fowler and Herbstreit do on instagram is really just in good fun and they are very casual about it.

Makes it look like he really has a beef with that scowling picture of Fowler that Tigernet decided to use.

Dec 2, 2019, 12:13 PM

Well we aren't big fans of Chris Fowler either, so there is that!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fowler pic is pretty terrifying....

Dec 2, 2019, 12:21 PM

...compared to his actual comments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol....Fowler, u took the bait. Exactly what Dabo wanted.

Dec 2, 2019, 12:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 12:34 PM

I love how all these homers switched their comments when they finally realized that we were not losing again. Swinney right on money, everybody not in our conference was talking about how we hadn't played anybody and didn't deserve to be there with few exceptions. Now they are all predictably scared and trying to fluff the team, talking aout how they "said all along" how dang good we are...sure thing fowler,

Dec 2, 2019, 12:36 PM

The best thing that CF has ever said was, "Ayyyy Jayyyy Te-rrell, with the pick six" back in January. Still get goose bumps.

Dec 2, 2019, 1:11 PM

Wasn’t it Fowler that said “forget the playoffs just let Clemson and Alabama play every year if all the games are gonna be like this” after the Natty in Tampa? He has a short memory too....

Dec 2, 2019, 12:40 PM

Ok, they the esecpn media has been called out, and that was the best Foul-er could come up with, he still sucks, and he is liar to top it off bc he does not love Dabo just bc he had something to say over being all butt hurt. If he truly loved Dabo, he would have called Dabo to ask why he felt the way he did over the media coverage his team has received through out the season. Now that Clemson is 12-0, Foul-er decides to personally call Dabo out in the media with his proclaimed love for Dabo. Foul-er is a stupid little kunt that has had his stupid wuttle feeling hurt bc the truth had been told by the man himself that has made a point to say nothing until he had had enough of his players not getting due credit that is deserving.

We all know, and all the Foul-ers in the media knows without a doubt, if Dabo would have left his starters in the game all season after being 30-40 point up/ahead in the 3d quarter, every last one of them would have talked chit about Dabo risking his players health after having the game won. And forbid a starter having a season ending injury playing after the game had been secured. They would have crucified Dabo with his picture on every sports front page in the country. Dabo keeps starters in game after securing the win, and now one of his player season has ended bc of unnecessary participation in a game that the Tigers were way out in front without a chance of their opponent to make a come back and win. I know some hate hearing the truth, but Clemson and coaching staff will always be damnedd if they do, and be damnedd if they don't. That is the nature of the little train that wasn't supposed to, but did!!!

Dec 2, 2019, 1:31 PM

This...

Dec 2, 2019, 1:19 PM

I think Dabo was angered, and justifiably so, by the Doak award snub of TE. Leads in yards per carry by more than a full yard and not even named a finalist. Dabo is mad that they punish his stars because Dabo pulls his guys instead of running up the score in the fourth quarter. The people who vote on these awards need to get less lazy and watch some film instead of relying on season totals.

Dec 2, 2019, 1:24 PM

More evidence of SEC bias...Saban loses his cool at refs during the Auburn game (I thought he might pop a vein at halftime), and all the announcers (including Fowler) can talk about today is Dabo calling them out for trying to get us out of the playoffs!

I am glad there is a 4 team playoff. Otherwise, we would not have a chance! It's like when Joe Pa was railing about how Penn State should be #1 after Clemson was named 1981 National Champions. Danny Ford said Joe Pa should just be quiet (he might have used a stronger term), because if PSU had beaten Pitt they would have been #1 no matter what Clemson did against Nebraska. And that would have been true!

Dec 2, 2019, 1:50 PM

We all know Dabo’s motivation in playing the disrespect card but I’m afraid he is about to wear it out. It’s time to let the games play out. All we have to do is win Sat and we are in. We had plenty of respect in January - we do it again and we will have it. Fowler has a point. Let’s not get worked up over it. ESPN doesn’t make the CFP ratings.

It's not the issue of 3rd. Most folks, while thinking we

Dec 2, 2019, 1:57 PM

can take 1 and 2, are not upset with 3rd. It's the fall of Clemson down to 5th during the season with wins of various flavors and the fact that other teams don't drop with similar outcomes. And daspins trumpeting of Georgia with the HORRID loss at home to the capons adds fuel to the fire. I find it much easier just to not watch espn unless Clemson is playing. Lots of sports channels to watch as an alternative!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 2:07 PM

Tbh, I think it was Dabo's tone that sent some people off. He seemed genuinely upset, which he had a right to be several weeks ago. But right now? Not so much.

I get it but folks are back on the bandwagon as of the past few weeks. So it's not like we're #9, on the outside looking in.

Dec 2, 2019, 2:12 PM

that was really good to watch, he's got a new follower just so i can watch those recaps.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:10 PM

the reason we are 3rd is that there are only 3 undefeated teams. if there was an opportunity to put undefeated Alabama, Okla, Utah, Oregon, Penn State, Notre Dame ahead of us they would. Fact is, if we lose a close game to a ranked UVA squad Saturday, we are out. Those other teams are being given more wiggle room than that. Just win and shut everyone up. Dabo knows what he's doing.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:50 PM

If Dabo isn’t speaking the truth then why does Fowler feel the need to respond and defend himself and the other ESPN and network cronies? If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen! Time for most of these biased “experts” to retire.

Dec 2, 2019, 4:36 PM

Fowler needs to take something for the obvious constipation his face shows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I think where I differ from the media is that you can't have a bad loss in football.

Dec 2, 2019, 4:41 PM

For some reason they use SOS as a measure to forgive a bad loss. This isn't baseball or basketball where you play a ton of games and everyone has days off and you use a resume.
Football is different. SOS should break ties and if you play a tough schedule the reward should be that good losses are forgiven. Among the unbeatens I think you rank by SOS and we are unfortunately where we should be. Anyone on the outside looking in should have a tough schedule with a good loss if they want to get in. I have no sympathy for teams that lose home games to a team like SC. That's an elimination loss IMO.

Dec 2, 2019, 4:50 PM

What an idiot. He needs to check his facts

The first CFP rankings had us undefeated at 5, and Georgia with a loss to a pathetic USC team at 6.

At that point, our best win was a ranked Texas A&M and their best win was a ranked ND. What a joke.

WHat do you think the rankings would have been if we had lost to UNC (a team that beat USC)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Dabo is being a touch paranoid, it's justifiable, at

Dec 2, 2019, 5:00 PM

least to a point, due to the mission statement, narrative, etc. that Fowler, along with many of his colleagues at ESPN, promoted for many years during college football shows such as Gameday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 5:18 PM

This is so disappointing to hear. Chris Fowler was always one of my favorites... logical analysis and spot on for most things sports related. However, he's dead wrong on this. So much of the media is complaining about Dabo's recent rant. The reality is Dabo is rightfully frustrated and truthfully answered a reporter's bogus question. No one here is saying the media claimed Clemson is no good... but they certainly implied it by constantly saying we didn't play anyone.. and the absence of our top players for certain awards. And the win to UNC was a win. They treated it as if it was a loss and we didn't deserve to be in the top 5. There is NO DOUBT that an SEC team would have been treated differently... the Georgia/USC showed us that.

No other blue bloods would have dropped below 2 if they did

Dec 2, 2019, 5:46 PM

what we did.

This is what they do. They created this narrative after TL16

Dec 2, 2019, 7:02 PM

threw that 1st pick vs the nerds. It has been going on that long....it didn't start with the UNCheat game.

After creating said narrative, they now attack the reaction to it after people and CDS have had enough. This is classic media in today's world.

Fowler wouldn’t understand because he works for the culprit

Dec 2, 2019, 7:44 PM

and contributes to the problem.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:33 PM

I am guessing Dabo is just tired of hearing the same old rhetoric. Nothing positive can be said about the Clemson Tigers without it starting with "Since the North Carolina game..." It's always something like this. Several years ago it was, "if he can stay healthy," or "##########, it no longer means what it use to," or every year, "the ACC is down or who do they play." It would be okay if it were consistent. Just today I read ESPN's AP Top 25 Poll Reaction and I see the "Since the North Carolina game," but guess what I do not see in the Georgia section? That's right, there is nothing about the South Carolina loss. In fact, if you look at the Game Recaps for both games you see the same results. It is now a drinking game. "Since the North Carolina game..." Drink up!

Dec 3, 2019, 8:33 PM

Dabo and his staff have forgotten more about football than Chris Fowler has ever known. He is college football’s number 1 Jerk! All he has to do to sound like a moron is to open his mouth and say anything.

I love the fact that CLEMSON and Dabo are making his life miserable! ?????? 3 National Championship’s just for you Chris Fowler an ESPN has been.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 82
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic