Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 108
| visibility 1

TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments

Oct 9, 2018, 3:59 PM

Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments

The Clemson football team showed off a dominant running game in their 63-3 win over Wake Forest on Saturday night. The running game totaled 471 yards on 40 carr Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments

Oct 9, 2018, 4:03 PM

CLEMSON fans will explain it to him if Gameday comes to CLEMSON next week. The signs will be awesome. I have faith in our fans.

He still does not understand football. Bless his heart.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:12 PM

Of course. What would a former heisman trophy winner who analyzes college football for a living know?

Not nearly as much as some might think.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:22 PM

What would be his qualifications.

Heisman winner? Well, that puts him on the same level as Lamar Jackson.

Has he ever been a coach? No.

Has he ever contributed to a power running game as a player? No.

He analyzes games for a living? And he picked Michigan to win it all?

FAIL on so many levels.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ^^^^

Oct 9, 2018, 5:34 PM

You saved me a bunch of typing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: This ^^^^

Oct 10, 2018, 5:58 AM

Amen....

Howard all talk with a distorted view of reality.

Re: Not nearly as much as some might think.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Not nearly as much as some might think. ]

Couldn’t agree more!!!!!!

Oct 9, 2018, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Not nearly as much as some might think. ]

Here’s the thing. Whether he is correct or not, I don’t appreciate his tone or self righteous attitude.

Here’s the thing. Whether he is correct or not, I don’t appreciate his tone or self righteous attitude.

Oct 10, 2018, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Not nearly as much as some might think. ]

I like Desmond as an analyist but I certainly think he missed this one. To change subject a bit I just finished watching Notre Dame and I don't see how they could moved up so much. Without a lot of mistakes by Tech and the long runs by Williams Tech should have won. I would love to see a game between the tigers. And Notre Dame, Just maybe all the analyist would start giving Clemson some respect. I admire coach Dabo for not running the score up on teams by keeping first stringers in in till last minute . Sorry I just had to vent

Oct 10, 2018, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Not nearly as much as some might think. ]

I like Desmond as an analyist but I certainly think he missed this one. To change subject a bit I just finished watching Notre Dame and I don't see how they could moved up so much. Without a lot of mistakes by Tech and the long runs by Williams Tech should have won. I would love to see a game between the tigers. And Notre Dame, Just maybe all the analyist would start giving Clemson some respect. I admire coach Dabo for not running the score up on teams by keeping first stringers in in till last minute . Sorry I just had to vent

Oct 9, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Tim Tebow also won the Heisman along with quite a few other guys who didn’t have very long careers after college. Just because you win the Heisman doesn’t mean you know/understand football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jhop = butthurt Clemson hater***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Re: Jhop = butthurt Clemson hater***

Oct 9, 2018, 9:13 PM

Pretty sure you're all over it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Go home coot your act is old

Oct 9, 2018, 9:15 PM

Funny how they can't bring themselves to admit they are coot trolls, but then again, who would want to come out of that closet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Hey, last I heard Desmond Howard didn't play on the OL during his career, has no real knowledge of what that takes. So far, we have a potent running attack even against a tough Syracuse team who knew it was coming and could do nothing to stop it. Wake too was helpless against it. Let's see what N.C. State does. Has sweet little Desmond figured out that we also have a big-time passing attack with one of the top QBs in the country and big-time receivers?

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Oct 9, 2018, 6:31 PM

Syracuse is 88th in rush defense***

Oct 9, 2018, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Oct 9, 2018, 8:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Obviously about the same amount that you do.....neither of you are the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Oct 9, 2018, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

See the next comment. He does not know nearly as much as some idiotic responders on here seem to think he knows. He does have a great smile, though. I guess that helps. Bless his heart.

Oct 10, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Jhop83® said:

Of course. What would a former heisman trophy winner who analyzes college football for a living know?

MJ is the best B-ball player ever and look at how he has run that bobcats organization into the ground over and over. Just Bc your great at a sport doesn’t mean you can analyze and scout players. Just means you can play that’s it. If Mr. Howard doesn’t watch clemson football that’s on him. We play FB(Williams) and pull guards all the time to run power O off the tackle. Just bc we don’t line up in 1 2 1 doesn’t mean we aren’t pulling guards and running power plays.

All you need to know & remember

Oct 9, 2018, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

He said during the 1st week Live on Game Day
The cockerels aka coots would be playing
Bama in the SEC Championship Game

He could be correct maybe he was thinking
they would be in the Bama Band

Oct 9, 2018, 4:04 PM

Does anybody truly care what he thinks, or anybody else from espin!? Stop feeding the trolls. It's really that easy. Just keep winning!

Who consistently lines up these days with a FB and 2 TE's?

Oct 9, 2018, 4:06 PM

teams that end with 3+ losses (soon see michigan & stanford)***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:12 PM

sounds like fair comments to me.....

Oct 9, 2018, 4:07 PM

not sure why his comments were so "offensive" to a lot of clemson fans.

Re: sounds like fair comments to me.....

Oct 9, 2018, 4:51 PM

Agreed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 6:30 PM

The context originally framed it as a negative quality. He shows ignorance of football and Clemson in his statements doubling down on the comment. Nobody runs 2 tight end sets outside of short yardage anymore and the jet sweep has not been a large percentage of the Clemson offense the last year and a half. Our blocking schemes do not scream power football, but I think most of our yards come between the tackles, and we certainly are not soft like what was inferred.

Oct 12, 2018, 5:27 PM

I think you meant to say "not soft like what was implied," not inferred. You would infer something from what I said and I would imply something when I said it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe, now that he’s gone back and amended things so

Oct 9, 2018, 4:51 PM [ in reply to sounds like fair comments to me..... ]

so it doesn’t sound like a slap in the face quite so much.

Still, any time you lay the “finesse” label on a bunch of guy who beat the crap out of other people each and every day of the week and worse on the weekends, you should expect some blow back.

Re: Maybe, now that he’s gone back and amended things so

Oct 9, 2018, 5:36 PM

As he defines it, yes, we do not line up in very many 20 or 22 package sets. We do however, run plenty of plays between the tackles. Almost all of our long runs against WF were counters, or had pulling linemen.

Has he said that Ohio State is finesse as well? Certainly every Big 12 team, and probably the majority of the SEC if you go top to bottom.

All we care is that we keep winning. Finish the season, line up in the CFP, and keep moving the ball. Does it really matter what the label is, if you out score the other team?

Re: Maybe, now that he’s gone back and amended things so

Oct 10, 2018, 6:42 PM

Very well put. I feel 100% that the Tigers can put it on anybody. So I feel we should not worry about what is said, just go out and play Clemson football.

Golden State is a finesse team

Oct 9, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to sounds like fair comments to me..... ]

It seems to be doing them well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golden State is a finesse team

Oct 9, 2018, 5:46 PM

The Red Sox are more finesse, while the Yanks are sluggers. Who's better there?

Oct 9, 2018, 6:11 PM [ in reply to sounds like fair comments to me..... ]

Not necessarily offensive, but questionable. We do have that right, don't we?

Oct 9, 2018, 7:59 PM [ in reply to sounds like fair comments to me..... ]

Because he followed that up with “the QB situations is going to blow up In their face, and they will lose a season game and the ACC championship.”

I don’t give a crap about his finesse comments but he was basically bashing us the whole time.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does that make Michigan ??? Inept ?***

Re: What does that make Michigan ??? Inept ?***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:27 PM

I was just thinking this is the same guys who said Michigan was gonna be in the playoffs this year.

Everyone else on set that morning was basically saying

that the Clemson team basically hadn't showed out and lived up to the hype thus far. Fair statement, I think a lot of us fans would agree that we hadn't played our best ball yet (but those who get it, know that we always play better later in the season).

However, this punk took it too far and called us soft with his finesse comments. There is a difference in the two.

He won't admit it now b/c he's too prideful.

Sissy boy.

Why would we want to "change who we are"?

Oct 9, 2018, 4:09 PM

We win like, all the time.

Desmond Howard = butthurt hater***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:09 PM

Howard has a "finesse" sounding laugh on game day***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:13 PM

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 4:14 PM

I actually said something similar to Desmond in the days after our game with Syracuse.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:17 PM

Desmond's finesse problem is his mouth. Working for ESPN doesn't help his spew

He also predicted we'd beat Wake but it'd be a close one

Oct 9, 2018, 4:16 PM

He was one of the few analysts that thought the loss of Kelly was going to cause us huge problems. He seems to keep riding that theme with a different flavor every week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He also predicted we'd beat Wake but it'd be a close one

Oct 9, 2018, 5:37 PM

Maybe Desmond is a closet racist....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Oct 9, 2018, 4:17 PM

Wasn't Desmond a finesse player? He was a WR and kick returner....literally the two most finesse positions on the field.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:20 PM

I will take finesse winning over smash mouth losing anyday

Who cares...

Why does it matter?

Oct 9, 2018, 4:18 PM

If Clemson continues racking up the rushing yards like we have been, he can say whatever he wants.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oct 9, 2018, 4:21 PM

Denzel is still chapped about the KB saga. He's entitled to his definitions. I did not like his Twitter remark regarding CJS's "rough week", which was clearing in reference to the passing of C.J. Fuller. Low-blow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if he stands by his Michigan natty prediction***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:22 PM

Oct 9, 2018, 4:23 PM

What an idiot!! What he's saying is not even true. He acts like teams run with fullbacks all the time nowadays. What team is running their normal offense with 2 tight ends and a fullback. I guess GT is more of a power run team.

Also, we normally have speedy scat backs? Has he not watched us in the last 4 years? ETN is fast, but he is also one of the most powerful backs in the nation. Before that it was Gallman for 4 years and he was for sure more of a power back.

This dude doesn't even do his homework. What a jack ####

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Someones opinion of you does not have to become your reality."

Oct 9, 2018, 4:24 PM

Does it really matter what some washed up talking heads on any network, radio show, telecast or writer has to say?

No

"Someones opinion of you does not have to become your reality."

He's an idiot...

Oct 9, 2018, 4:25 PM

If he meant to comment on the scheme than he should've said we weren't a "power" team. But he initially said we weren't a "physical" team. He's right that we aren't a power run oriented team (although we use a TE or H-Back every play), but we are certainly physical.

In the end his comments don’t matter

Oct 9, 2018, 4:26 PM

All that matters is what the guys in orange and white do for three quarters on any given fall Saturday. Go Tigers!

He is not completely wrong...

Oct 9, 2018, 4:27 PM

Except for his "you had a bad week" smirking comment about Jeff Scott. That was where he crossed line in my book. He's entitled to his opinion of how he defines "finesse." We are not a smash-mouth running football team. I don't really want us to be. Even Alabama isn't that anymore. Where I will criticize him and I think he deserves it is the off-color comment about Jeff Scott having a "bad week" and smirking about it... very uncool given what Jeff Scott was doing that weekend (may have even been the same day).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After listening to his clarifying remarks

Oct 9, 2018, 4:29 PM

I can’t really disagree with him. I wish Coach Scott had not bit on what he perceived as criticism.
These taking heads have got to run out of #### to say.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His remarks are covering his butt. Very few teams

Oct 9, 2018, 6:31 PM

run two TE's and a FB anymore, other than in short yardage. He was singling out Clemson because the discussion he jumped into was that Clemson was not living up to expectations. He clearly was trying to bust on Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson is 5th in Nation in Rushing Yards Per Game

Oct 9, 2018, 4:36 PM

Clemson is averaging 280 yards/game rushing. Alabama is only rushing for 222 yards/game. Michigan is at 200 yards/game. I guess they're the finesse teams now.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:40 PM

Whatever, we shouldn’t care. He picked Michigan to win it all. He’s just as clueless as the rest of us . The only sad difference is some get paid to run their mouths & most of us are not so lucky.

Had he said on the set

Oct 9, 2018, 4:49 PM

What he clarified in the article, then the 'finesse' point would have been valid. Coupling that adjective with 'soft', though, did him no favors.

Still, as was pointed out, he crossed the line with his 'bad week' comment; however, I don't believe he meant that with respect to Fuller. I don't have to like the guy to suggest he's not made of stuff that bad. His words...he'll live with them and the perception held of him by others, absent any further clarification from him.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last good thing to come out of Michigan was Trevor Pryce***

Oct 9, 2018, 4:44 PM

Desmond's take is that a spread offense is a finesse offense

Oct 9, 2018, 4:44 PM

If that is his thought process, I have no issue with his comments. Do I agree? No. But he is paid to provide an opinion so there you go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Desmond's take is that a spread offense is a finesse offense

Oct 9, 2018, 4:52 PM

& Im fine with it too but tnet in general needs to stop with the clickbait articles. Nothing was reported that people who keep up with the program didn’t already know. Basically , hey let’s see who we can annoy today. Obviously worked on me.

Re: Desmond's take is that a spread offense is a finesse offense

Oct 9, 2018, 5:48 PM

We've got all the power we need in our Power Rangers.

Go, go Power Rangers!

Re: Yeah, right....and Meeeechigan is going to win it all...

Oct 9, 2018, 4:45 PM

what a moran.

Screw Calford.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:49 PM

Looks like this clown avoided mentioning the fact that he previously noted that our "Quarterback decision / situation, was going to blow up in our faces". I skipped any reply to him at all, but that statement is what pixxed me off. I could not care less that he called us a finesse team. Keep hating you hater. Our Offense and Defense will shut you up soon...

Oct 9, 2018, 4:53 PM

Lets see, and WHERE those running backs running when they ran all those touchdowns? Hmmm, right through the line, which is where power running is done. They were not around an end and outrunning guys to the sideline and turning up field. Talk about getting your facts straight. He is talking about formations defining a power running game and now where guys are running. Tua CAN'T throw that well. He is decent, but that is ALL.

Re: I remember Desomd Howard when he was

Oct 9, 2018, 4:53 PM

running over everyone with his smash mouth style of play. Was such a big bruiser and left bodies on the field after running over them. Yeah, right. In truth Desmond Howard was the epitome of duck, run and fall down and slipped in the back door to get the Heisman. Real tough guy.

Oct 9, 2018, 4:55 PM

He is actually correct. That's what makes us so good. We live in the perimeter jet sweeps and screens peppered with surgical strikes down the field. We run the ball well which keeps our WR's in bidness. We are the king of RPOs.

I like our way better than some 240 pound brute going 4 yds and a cloud of dust every play. Our is a much more complex and intelligent offense.

We bring elegance to offensive college football.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:01 PM

All awesome points, well taken, and dead on accurate !

Go Tigers !!

Best explanation period!

Oct 9, 2018, 5:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

But Clemson people are gonna be offended no matter which talking head it is pointing their fingers in our direction.

Re: Power running games

Oct 9, 2018, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Desmond Howard stands by his Clemson "finesse" comments ]

Don't you wish Dabo used a power running game like, like, like, like Stanford. Yeah, that's somebody we should copy, they have a power running game. The best thing about a power running game is how reliable it is. When your whole offense is based on blocking and power and imposing your will on other teams, you can put 30 points on anybody.

Oops. Stanford lost at home by 19 last week? To an unranked team? Only scored 21? Bryce Love must not have played. Yup, I knew it. Wait--why didn't he play? Hurt?? How could that have happened? Power running games are supposed to be reliable!

Now they're totally out of playoff consideration before White Plunderer's Day. What a sucky season for them. As a consolation prize, maybe Love can still win the Heisman!

Sigh. Good to be a Tiger, Desmond. Dabo ain't no fool. Clemson fans get to stay involved into at least December every year. I'll take that over "power" every year.

Re: Power running games

Oct 9, 2018, 7:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 4:59 PM

Give Desmond TuTu a RAISE...That fellow has a rating of 10 on the REACTOR scale...

Oct 9, 2018, 5:17 PM

Send Desmond Hearn and Guillermo blocking sled vid vs bama

Oct 9, 2018, 5:21 PM

They finessed his ### five yards deep into the end zone along with the all world linebacker.

Oct 9, 2018, 5:47 PM

So it sounds like he is also, by his definition, calling Bama a finesse team. Who knew?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really, Does anyone really care***

Oct 9, 2018, 5:59 PM

Re: Really, Does anyone really care***

Oct 9, 2018, 6:06 PM

We won a national championship with an ole smash mouth Ford. Now we changed our style and got a sleek Lamborghini Dabo. Both achieved the objective of a national championship. I like the finesse style better.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:03 PM

Who cares what he thinks!

Whatever, I'm tired of this story

Oct 9, 2018, 6:07 PM

Let's move on to something else.

Oct 9, 2018, 6:16 PM

He's right. We don't play that style of a running game that he references. Nothing wrong with that - but we're not a smash mouth, run the ball right at you, impose your will type of team. And we should be okay with that. I'm happy with our offense post KB2 as most fans likely are. And I'm really excited about our running backs. And they are effective now BECAUSE of Trevor Lawrence. They wouldn't be doing half as much with KB2. I still want to see us get the Tight Ends more involved which is a component that has not improved since last year. Watch Bama and how they use their TEs.

I don’t disagree completely but

Oct 9, 2018, 6:45 PM

It was the way he said it and then to add that “you just had a bad week” comment showed me his true colors. He’s clearly a jerk.

..:: ru4god2 ::..

who cares?

Oct 9, 2018, 6:52 PM

He's a skinny, princess who wears makeup!? Quit giving him attention.

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Has he seen our Jumbo "finesse" package...

Oct 9, 2018, 7:43 PM

With Wilkins & Lawrence. Hard to imagine those two being part of a finesse running play....??????

Oct 9, 2018, 7:45 PM

Desmond Howard is a nobody in my book. He's so biased to the Big10 I could care less about his comments. But with that, I have only one thing for Desmond??

Oct 9, 2018, 8:32 PM

your all class....

Oct 9, 2018, 8:28 PM

Well he does have a point. Wake's run defense is garbage, hell so is the defense as a whole.

Oct 9, 2018, 8:31 PM

not sure why this is a bad comment, as long as we win. We have a great backfield and a solid O-line... finesse or no finesse... W-I-N is all that matters.

does he stand by his prediction of Wake being a close game ?***

Oct 9, 2018, 8:34 PM

He is been angry with Clemson ever since KB was

Oct 9, 2018, 10:05 PM

demoted then decided to transfer.

Oct 9, 2018, 10:06 PM

You obviously haven't seen ET run through tackles... gtfoh with that $hit

Why does anyone care what that idiot says???

Oct 9, 2018, 10:38 PM

He's been hit in the head a lot. Besides he was a "Return Specialist" Ever see that in a program. Sometimes it's Athlete(wussy one) Just let him bury himself. OK was fun enough. Wait until the next thing happens-he'll really be digging through his thesaurus

Oct 9, 2018, 11:54 PM

So you mean to tell me that if you have a different opinion then let's say most Clemson fans then that automatically makes you a foot... Umm, there's something wrong with that picture. I think Desmond does have a good point. Also playing a high-level sport like college football and doing it well enough to win a Heisman and not to mention he probably watches more film than any of us I would say those are pretty good qualifiers. Well, what do I know I'm not, nor have I ever been a football coach.

Hey Desdumb...

Oct 10, 2018, 12:00 AM

Geh Finesse, fick einen Kaktus, du dumme, hasserfüllte Scheiße.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:04 AM

So not concerned what Desmond Howard has to say!!! We are playing good football, not at our best but our play against WF was strong! Running game was exceptional, and TL continues to get better! Our coaching staff is focused on the big picture not pounding every team into the turf. We are growing our team, yes we could have probably added several TD's to each score that we've won by, but we are growing our youth and it is a strong proven system! Desmond Howard is doing his job, who cares what he has to say about the Tigers, guarantee Dabo could careless!!!

It's not about stats, it's about yards?

Oct 10, 2018, 9:33 AM

It's not about the stats but about the yards you gain??? Isn't the yards you gain a stat for the rushing game??? Not too smart that one.

He's another Jonathan Vilma... unless its his school he'll

Oct 10, 2018, 10:35 AM

have nothing good to say. He's too biased to be taken seriously. Herbstreit is an osu guy but you'd never see it flesh itself out by how he handles his self b/c he's very neutral in his calls.. Corso is just there. Fowler is very neutral. Howard picks Michigan every week and has nothing but gushing things to say about them all the time which prevents him from being taken seriously.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:51 AM

Nough said. This horse has been beat to death. He's entitle to his definition of power running. He is not an authority on the subject being a returner/WR. The joke is on him for his rediculous insistence on being right. We just win. Hope that message gets to His Narrowmindness.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 11:36 AM

awful lot of bragging round here. so we have a blowout, 2 squeaker and 2 solid win to this point on our schedule. were still winning, but unless we demonstrate last weekend is the norm (and not tame or Syracuse (really?! Syracuse?!)) then I will not be comfortable. how is it Bama seems so consistent in playing to their abilities and not just to their competition? and isn't beating Bama a priority 3ach year now?
I dont care if the assorted cause is finesse, coaching, execution or lack of motivation, we seem right now a very beatable team.

Do a Papa Roach on his social media

Oct 10, 2018, 11:57 AM

Infest...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

You'd think a t-wat would tweet often.***

Oct 10, 2018, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 1:19 PM

Ugh... Just stop Des. This is the guy who picked Baylor to win Big 12 last year, Coots to win the East, and Michgan to win the Intergalactic Champions of Life Title. While i do actually like him most times, his football is broken. Maybe he needs Bear to feed him answers.

Re: you've gotta be joking

Oct 10, 2018, 11:33 PM

If DH picked Baylor to win the Big 12, that's a historically bad pick. They went what, 2-10? Lost to Liberty as an FCS? Their new coach must have been a friend or something.

No wonder he made other outrageous predictions: he's literally doubling down on flyers.

Now it all makes sense.

I'll just say this . . .

Oct 10, 2018, 10:26 PM

While I don't necessarily agree with DH, it was Wake Forest folks. Let's don't go thinking we are a power running offense and can run it down everyone's throat. That being said, I think we have a great backfield and OL. I just think we don't need to look at the rushing stats from last weekend and think we will be racking up 500 yrds on the ground every Sat.

Replies: 108
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic