Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Deon Cain on falling to sixth round: "It was a shocker"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Deon Cain on falling to sixth round: "It was a shocker"

Apr 30, 2018, 1:58 PM

Deon Cain on falling to sixth round: "It was a shocker"

'WRU' has another player in the NFL with the addition of Deon Cain. He is now one of six Clemson receivers to be drafted in the first six rounds since 2013 alon Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love the way you answered this Deon. Hope you have

Apr 30, 2018, 2:16 PM

A long NFL career and continue to grow as a person and a player. And thanks for making Clemson better than when you found it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ba da ba ba ba***

Apr 30, 2018, 2:32 PM

The big thing is that he DID get drafted ...

Apr 30, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Love the way you answered this Deon. Hope you have ]

He won't get the huge rookie signing bonus, nor the guarantees and all the perks that comes with a first round pick, but he has a huge opportunity to make a nice career for himself and if he does what he needs to do, he will eventually get the money, the security, and the fame.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Luck is healthy, he did better going to Indy than

Apr 30, 2018, 5:23 PM

getting a 3rd round signing bonus with a bottom feeder... between his film, combine numbers and then you add the off-field question marks, he wasn't going first or second round... but if his words are true, he can be a go to guy for an All-Pro caliber QB which locks up long term money, status and increases his leverage in negotiations...

Be humble young man and watch your future unfold...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love the way you answered this Deon. Hope you have

Apr 30, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Love the way you answered this Deon. Hope you have ]

And I hope that long career happens. I will always admire that he stuck with the program after his snafu and did everything that Dabo asked of him. I remember reading about all the laps he was running while the team practiced. I'd love to someday hear the whole story on that. What exactly did Dabo say to him?

Re: TNET: Deon Cain on falling to sixth round: "It was a shocker"

Apr 30, 2018, 3:13 PM

It was but a shocker to me or any of the others who have watched for decades... when guys leave before showing full potential on the field, they don’t go that high. It was very obvious that one more year could’ve put Deon in the first or second round.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Good answer young man

Apr 30, 2018, 3:59 PM

As opposed to the jackleg from UCLA who was "pissed" to be selected 10th overall.

That's what she said ??***

Apr 30, 2018, 4:51 PM

Apr 30, 2018, 5:04 PM

Yet another wide receiver leaving too early and acting surprised when the NFL doesn't roll out the red carpet for him. Wish the best for him and Ray Ray but another year in orange would have probably put them side by side in the first round ..... not the sixth.

May 1, 2018, 12:21 AM

My thoughts exactly

Apr 30, 2018, 5:45 PM

I figured he would go 4-5 round but sorry kid nobody expected any higher.
Still a great accomplishment and there was really no sense to come back to CLEMSON
Good luck

stinks if he was judged on that 1 mistake

Apr 30, 2018, 5:59 PM

he didnt deserve 6th round, that was absurd

Re: stinks if he was judged on that 1 mistake

Apr 30, 2018, 6:34 PM

He wasn't judged solely on one incident. Deon made a lot of really big plays, however, he was inconsistent. Dropped too many balls and his Route running is lacking.

Wait someone told him 1st-2nd rounds

Apr 30, 2018, 6:24 PM

I swear these agents are as bad as insurance companies and car salesmen.

yeah, whoever told 1st or 2nd round was fos***

May 1, 2018, 8:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 6:33 PM

DC can make a big difference in the NFL if he just learns the PB, the routs, and holds onto the ball. It's now a tougher row to hoe.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 9:14 AM

Not really fair to slam Deon. Our WR corps is full and RR and Deon had three years to learn and develop. Being drafted in the 6th rd doesn't limit what is ahead of them and I see Deon being a better pro.

My pro comp is Terrance Williams and think Deon's ceiling is a solid WR2.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be like Jaron Brown, was he even drafted?***

May 1, 2018, 9:19 AM

Steal of the draft. He will have a long career.*****

May 1, 2018, 9:25 AM

May 1, 2018, 9:57 AM

Maybe if he didn’t drop so many balls he would’ve gone in the second or third. Was watching the ‘17 Florida State last night. Dropped a certain touchdown pass.

If you had played your senior campaign, for sure.

May 1, 2018, 10:40 AM

This is why there needs to be better draft information for these kids. I think as Tiger fans, we all knew Deion & Ray Ray needed one more year to grow. There were times both disappeared on the field. You can’t do that in college & expect a first round, late second pickup. Just get in there and learn all you can. Work hard. Be teachable. Soak up everything. I wish you the best of Luck! You have the size, and speed. Things you can’t coach. Go set he world on fire!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, heard lots of "experts" say that he was a steal

May 1, 2018, 11:18 AM

in the 6th round and surprised he didn't go earlier. He showed out at the combine, 4th best route runner, ran a 4.43 and has a large catch radius. In the end, the draft said he was a 6th round pick, but it sounds like most thought he'd go earlier.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic