Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th

Jan 2, 2021, 12:47 AM

Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney got some national media attention when he recently voted undefeated Ohio State 11th in his coaches poll. Swinney was asked by re Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th

Jan 2, 2021, 12:56 AM

Not much he can do about now, other than suck it up.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:58 AM

Yep

Dabo has gone from the humble 'aw shucks' coach

Jan 2, 2021, 1:04 AM

to a bit of an arrogant ####.

Would have thought the last two national embarrassments in the playoffs might have tempered that... seems not

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to agree. Not sure what the issue is but it’s

Jan 2, 2021, 1:16 AM

been surprising. I think his head may have gotten a little too big.

Hate to see a poster I respect make such a,,,

Jan 2, 2021, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Dabo has gone from the humble 'aw shucks' coach ]

dumb a$$ post. Put down the pipe.

He’s always had that in him. Remember his rant after

Jan 2, 2021, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Dabo has gone from the humble 'aw shucks' coach ]

losing like 4 or 5 in a row against SCar (not sure exactly when it was in that streak)? Instead of just taking the loss like a man, he was still talking $hit about South Carolina. As much as Spurrier was an ###, if his team got their butt kicked he would go up to the mic and accept that his team played bad and needed to be better.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:08 AM

You guys feel better ?

well might as well

Jan 2, 2021, 1:10 AM

double down. hopefully that ### whoopin was enough motivation for next year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 1:35 AM

Jan 2, 2021, 1:59 AM

Yep, he needs to get back to coaching and stop running his mouth so much. He's entitled to his opinions. However, its not necessary that the whole world know all of them.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:33 AM

Haha! How fast we turn on our great coach with a loss! I don’t remember seeing a post like this from you before the game? If you rank people number #3 for half a season of play, it encourages backing out of games to manipulate rankings. Corona will still be with us next year, teams will start to quit tough games for the sake of “safety” because they know they will be rewarded. Dabo does not have a choice, he had to complete the coaches poll, and he did so out of principal.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th ]

Haha! How fast we turn on our great coach with a loss! I don’t remember seeing a post like this from you before the game? If you rank people number #3 for half a season of play, it encourages backing out of games to manipulate rankings. Corona will still be with us next year, teams will start to quit tough games for the sake of “safety” because they know they will be rewarded. Dabo does not have a choice, he had to complete the coaches poll, and he did so out of principal.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:44 AM

Totally agree. We got outplayed and out coached last night. I haven’t listened to Dabo’s postgame comments but I’ll bet that is pretty much what he said too. I’m not gonna stoop to the Ocry0 St level and blame anything on calls or who was missing or anything. We just lost the game. Some of y’all have to come to terms with the fact that we can’t win them all. Dabo and his staff are still the best in college football in my opinion and we’ll line up and do it again next year.

Jan 2, 2021, 9:43 AM

He should, I thought at the time it was stupid and bulletin board material for them, but I thought Dabo wouldn’t do it if he wasn’t confident in our ability to whip them, boy was I wrong!

Jan 2, 2021, 9:43 AM

He should, I thought at the time it was stupid and bulletin board material for them, but I thought Dabo wouldn’t do it if he wasn’t confident in our ability to whip them, boy was I wrong!

Jan 2, 2021, 10:52 AM

If I was Dabo, I would move to another school, where he has better fans. You guys are snowflakes, and dont understand how great that man is. He said nothing wrong. Grow up

Jan 2, 2021, 3:03 PM

Ha, yah I’m the snowflake, don’t run your mouth all week like Dabo did if you can’t back it up! Wahhhh, crybaby!

Jan 2, 2021, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th ]

Ha, yah I’m the snowflake, don’t run your mouth all week like Dabo did if you can’t back it up! Wahhhh, crybaby!

Jan 2, 2021, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney has no regrets ranking Ohio State 11th ]

Was a dumb thing to do

Jan 2, 2021, 11:06 AM

Don’t think it actually affected the outcome but it made for easy material

Re: Was a dumb thing to do

Jan 2, 2021, 12:19 PM

I thought publicly ranking them 11th was beyond stupid when he did it and told several of my friends of my feelings. Dabo needs to learn to #### at times. Now saying he has no regrets after getting his butt handed to him shows me that he lacks some much needed humility. Pride goeth before the fall.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic