Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson wins Jack Nicklaus Match Play Invitational
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,586

TNET: Clemson wins Jack Nicklaus Match Play Invitational

Oct 8, 2019, 3:38 PM

Clemson wins Jack Nicklaus Match Play Invitational

Clemson, S.C.—Colby Patton, Zack Gordon and Turk Pettit all won matches, and Kyle Cottam clinched the team victory with a tie in the last match on the course, a Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Larry!

Oct 8, 2019, 3:42 PM

Proud of you and your guys...you have come a long way in the 30 years since I was following y'all to almost every tournament. Don't forget us little guys now that you are big time!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go Larry!

Oct 8, 2019, 3:53 PM

Don’t forget coach Byrd who is team’s talent recruiter for the last 11 years. The talent level Is getting ready to jump another notch as he just landed one of the top South African amateurs to Clemson and this weekend is hosting the top Irish amateur.

A tremendous win over a top ten team ( Duke).

No offense intended to Coach Byrd

Oct 8, 2019, 4:03 PM

There was no recruiting coach back in my day...now I know

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson wins Jack Nicklaus Match Play Invitational

Oct 8, 2019, 4:00 PM

I was there today to watch the backside and see this unfold. Very proud and happy for the tigers

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 6:11 PM

Grrrr... I’m so jealous-lol. Thanks for being there and pulling them through.

Everyone is right, Coach Byrd doesn’t get the recognition he deserves and for sticking with the Tigers...

Last but not least, had to shed a tear of joy that Zach won his match. Zach is back!!!! 30 footer for birdie. He’ll never forget it. And couldn’t be more proud of the Tiger golfers!!!!

Take that devils!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a great day

Oct 8, 2019, 6:26 PM

Nice young men who played well. Tight matches. I feel old as I watched Colby's dad Chris play at Muirfield the year after he won the US Am. Byrd and Penley are super nice and I got to talk to most of the players dads who had driven up. Muirfield is a great golf course. Very tough.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a great day

Oct 8, 2019, 6:31 PM

Did the Golden Bear happen to be there to greet the players as they walked off the 18th green to the scorer's tent like he does during the Memorial Tournament

i can't imagine a better way to spend an afternoon!!!

Oct 8, 2019, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson wins Jack Nicklaus Match Play Invitational ]

Thank you 74TIGER, for going and doing what we all wish we could have . . .

I just might have to have a celebratory Scotch in our Tiger Golfers and Coaches Honor!!!

Way to Go TIGERS!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 5:58 PM

Hopefully it will continue for the rest of the fall season and into the spring but so far this years Men's team has played some pretty good Golf with a T-7,2-3rd place finishes and now a 1st place and they are doing it all without the services of past Tiger great Bryson Nimmer who carried last years team during the 2018-19 season on his back for the most part.

Oct 8, 2019, 8:49 PM

Oh h_ll yeah!
Congrats.....Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2019, 10:18 PM

Zach had a great fall last year. Hoping he’s gotten over the freshman blues of last spring. Wow, potential to be a special season for our young Tigers!

Lots of youth and a ton of talent. I think it’s going to be an epic year for Clemson sports. Soccer, golf men’s and women’s, b-ball then Baseball again... and softball. What a great time to be able to go see them play!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,586
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic