Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson ranked as top 25 public university for 11th year in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson ranked as top 25 public university for 11th year in a row

Sep 10, 2018, 7:45 AM

Clemson ranked as top 25 public university for 11th year in a row

CLEMSON — Clemson University is ranked among the top 25 national public universities in the country by U.S. News & World Report for the 11th year in a row. Clem Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?? Super Educational Stats for a “Cow” College, wouldn’t you admit!

Sep 10, 2018, 8:27 AM

Haaa..just kidding, about the animal & ag part! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ?? Super Educational Stats for a “Cow” College, wouldn’t you admit!

Sep 10, 2018, 12:04 PM

A guy I rode the bus with many years ago was a SCar fan and called Clemson the Cow College and the Udder University. Funny thing was, his dad was a dairy farmer and he he grew up to take over the business.

Hilarious since the ag portion really isn't a significant

Sep 10, 2018, 1:12 PM

part of the university anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

REALLY?

Sep 10, 2018, 6:23 PM

What's the state's biggest industry?

Forestry and agribusiness.

Hungry, Naked and Homeless is one H3LL of a way to live.

I believe Clemson has more faculty in The College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences than any other college.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: TNET: Clemson ranked as top 25 public university for 11th year in a row

Sep 10, 2018, 9:04 AM

Clemson brand and education is headed in the right direction minus a professor or two I’d ?? Fire for being counter productive to promoting our beloved Clemson!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Sep 10, 2018, 11:26 AM

Us news and reports is a completely bs ranking system that is only designed to sell magazines.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 12:01 PM

They don't sell magazines anymore. It's on-line. My subscription was replaced years ago with Golf Digest, which I toss in the trash on the way back from the mail box.

Except for the scientific methodology they use

Sep 10, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson ranked as top 25 public university for 11th year in a row ]

to rank schools.

It's not a perfect system, but their metric is very good and is clearly the best system going.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Anyone remember when Barker tried to break the top 20?

Sep 10, 2018, 11:36 AM

I guess we learned our place. 20-25ish lol

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: Anyone remember when Barker tried to break the top 20?

Sep 10, 2018, 12:58 PM

He did it. We've slipped since he left.

This meant alot more

Sep 10, 2018, 12:51 PM

before the article came out a few years ago exposing us for gaming the system and artificially inflating our numbers in order to break the top 20. Now I don't put any stock in it.

I'm sorry you believe that Clemson tried to cheat.

Sep 10, 2018, 1:15 PM

There is a lot more to that story that didn't get published. Clemson has legitimately improved its academic standing and reputation over the past 15-20 years. Just look at the average GPA and SAT of incoming freshmen, the application numbers, etc. They are outstanding.

There is a reason why people complain that Clemson is difficult to get into these days, and it isn't because Clemson "gamed the system" in USN&WR.

I remember the Clemson response to that report coming out.

Sep 10, 2018, 1:45 PM

Trolls like the one you responded to were just too giddy about negative Clemson press to worry about the response. But I do recall the lady accusing us of inflating certain numbers and it was determined that we were just aligning them to what everyone else was doing. I remember they said Barker rated Clemson as the best, and between USNWR saying they account for a school’s bias in their calculation AND no one else ever releasing their survey responses, it’s a non-issue. I remember Clemson being accused of cutting off class sizes to be under the cap that they used to measure, and thinking “well, yeah, of course you would do that.”

I understand the hesitation to performing to a measurement like this, but it gave the administration focus and helped position Clemson to be a premier destination nationally for education. Nothing but Kudos for Barker and his administration.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/after-decades-of-growth-colleges-find-its-survival-of-the-fittest-1519209001?emailToken=afe519226f6f599180a3ed4644d48123oDasv5NpGFdHUkGHyprDD1yxTyCkzRagIq33EpTHIDkQlc1tHfhWPzbAZozVRzwYAIDV855a0MLNqaxVMaX8LruztaRZdLWNSBs4FdUHEaq79v4WbRZFMcOyG+lNMr4P&reflink=article_copyURL_share

null

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic