Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson players respond to Bama LB comments that UGA was 'hardest team' they played
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson players respond to Bama LB comments that UGA was 'hardest team' they played

Jul 17, 2019, 4:30 PM

Clemson players respond to Bama LB comments that UGA was 'hardest team' they played

The Alabama excuses against Clemson appear never to stop. Their brutal SEC schedule, upperclassmen thinking about the NFL Draft, and lousy game planning by coac Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the long run making all these excuses is only

Jul 17, 2019, 4:42 PM

Going to hurt them. They need to accept it and try to get better.

I’m starting to enjoy hearing the excuses. I don’t know what Saban is thinking joining in on the excuse making.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In the long run making all these excuses is only

Jul 18, 2019, 10:34 AM

It's a sign of weakness. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: In the long run making all these excuses is only

Jul 20, 2019, 10:05 PM [ in reply to In the long run making all these excuses is only ]

Well at least now, recruits know what coaching staff will have them better prepared for the NFL, and it isn't Bama, even Bama players agree!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahahahaha!!!!! I needed a good laugh!!!

Jul 17, 2019, 4:44 PM

After my first part of the week, what a good knee slapper!!!!

Or wait, is this just what they teach in the mighty SEC!!!! If u can’t beat em, make some crazy #### up!!!! Wow oh wow!!

I smell pu**ie...

Jul 17, 2019, 4:48 PM

...is that you, DYLAN?!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1...

Jul 17, 2019, 4:55 PM

For the 50 cent reference....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I smell pu**ie...

Jul 20, 2019, 10:06 PM [ in reply to I smell pu**ie... ]

Mmmmm what a wonderful smell!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson players respond to Bama LB comments that UGA was 'hardest team' they played

Jul 17, 2019, 4:55 PM

So thirsty. We're not gonna say Mama was the toughest team we played. The game speaks for itself.

Re: TNET: Clemson players respond to Bama LB comments that UGA was 'hardest team' they played

Jul 17, 2019, 4:57 PM

Nikki Haley's comment was great.

That takes a lot of guts. She's going to need to win a

Jul 17, 2019, 7:45 PM

primary in Alabama one of these days. She skrong.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 4:57 PM

I guess the best response is silence but I’ve reached the point of reading this nonsense and asking...” You’re Alabama, the greatest team in the world coached by Nick Saban, the greatest football coach in the world, why is preparation an issue?” The arrogance and blatant hubris of this team is absolutely absurd and wil make another victory over these clowns even sweeter! I just don’t get it!

Jul 17, 2019, 5:03 PM

I cant wait to see Bama lose two regualr season games this year. Have fun playing in a meaningless bowl.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 17, 2019, 5:08 PM

Nikki for President!!!

Jul 17, 2019, 5:08 PM

I would hope that if we ever get our arses handed to us the way we did to AL, we would just admit it, congrats the winning team and work to get better. Oh wait, we did this after the WV lose. That’s how it is done. Win with class, lose with class. Go Tigers!

Jul 18, 2019, 2:50 PM

"We got our butts kicked on this field 2 years ago." - paraphrasing Dabo after the Orange Bowl win against Ohio State. No excuses. They just did what it took to get better.

Dabo's comments after the Sugar Bowl loss. Most notable, "We earned a butt-whipping tonight..."

"Obviously very disappointed. We came here to win. They were the better team tonight."
"Alabama was the No. 1 scoring defense in the country for a reason."
"It's always about what's next. My expectation is to be right back in the middle of it again next year."
"We came here to win and just incredibly disappointed in our performance. But the credit goes to Alabama. Congratulations to Alabama. They were the better team today. No question about it."
"...they made the plays and we didn’t. So just really that simple. That’s what it comes down to, missed opportunities. But they forced those missed opportunities."

Kelly Bryant
"Alabama made those plays which we should have made."

To summarize: "We didn't play as well as we could have, but that's because Alabama is really stinking good. They deserved to win. We deserved to lose."

And they learned from the loss, got better, and dominated Alabama the following year. That's how a champion responds to getting their butts kicked.

Good post!***

Jul 20, 2019, 10:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 5:09 PM

Preparation, huh ?

Both teams have to prepare , Dylan ? Sure they do .
So if your preparation wasn't as good as Clemson's preparation then that is yet another game-factor that Clemson destroyed your team with .

Wasn't that Dylan Moses that feebly tried to arm tackle Travis when he made that nice power sweep touchdown ?

Guess that poor tackling was due to preparation too .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I thought the better teams always prepare the best...

Jul 17, 2019, 5:11 PM

...by recruiting the best athletics, training them for best strength, dexterity, best execution, best game plan, etc.

Yes, Clemson is prepared better than Bama.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell'em Nikki!

Jul 17, 2019, 5:12 PM

the better team, indeed!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The following teams were harder for Clemson than Bama

Jul 17, 2019, 5:13 PM

Boston College
Georgia Tech (tie)
Syracuse
Notre Dame
Texas AM
South Carolina

And that list is not only based on factual score, but also flow of the game. Bama gave us a game for 1 1/2 quarter.

For Bama players to say that after they were beaten by 28 is just plain embarrassing for them.

Jul 17, 2019, 5:20 PM

Notre Dame was better than Alabama.

Notre Dame had one horrific quarter.

Alabama was just horrific.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - Have to agree with Moses here .., we weren’t that ...

Jul 17, 2019, 5:22 PM

... much better than Bama .. if better at all !!! Bwaa ha ha!!! After all 28 point loss is not so bad ... When Bentley uttered those words .., it was after a 49 point beat down !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

We shouldn't have taken our foot off their throats

Jul 17, 2019, 5:24 PM

Dabo pumped the brakes. No, he slammed on the brakes. We could have EASILY beaten them by six scores. Now, I wish we had. Part of being a "BETTER TEAM" is preparing, staying focused, and coaches managing the players and the game. Not just for four quarters - but for the month and a half they had to prepare.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i'm sure the preperation problems were only with the

Jul 17, 2019, 5:31 PM

coaches that are gone

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“ACC conference”?

Jul 17, 2019, 5:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

IKR right?

Jul 17, 2019, 8:09 PM

lol out loud

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I was getting some money at the ATM machine

Jul 18, 2019, 6:16 AM

when I read that. Also was reading an article about the HIV virus. Oh, and I need to check the VIN number on my car.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IKR right?

Jul 20, 2019, 10:56 PM [ in reply to IKR right? ]

And .... TIA in advance !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 17, 2019, 5:41 PM

I'm convinced that Bama is NOT going to be the more motivated team if and when we meet again!

Jul 17, 2019, 5:50 PM

More proof Dabo is a better coach. We all know how Dabo would handle players, making outlandish excuses after an embracing loss. Time will tell, but I believ nick's best days are behind him.

We don't need it but thanks for the locker room material

Jul 17, 2019, 6:38 PM

Dabo will use it at exactly the right time

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 8:01 PM

The only preparation they need more of is Preparation H after that butt hurtin' we put on them.
That 10+ minute drive to end the game was a thing of beauty, but now I'm wishing we had gone ahead and punched it in (with our 2nd/3rd string).

I wholeheartedly agree with all of you guys^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 17, 2019, 8:08 PM

Our guys are better than Bama's after the game & off the field too.

Jul 17, 2019, 8:22 PM

Several people have correctly stated that preparation is part if the game and a mark of a good team. Ergo, Clemson is the better team. The same goes for all of the other "excuses"; they are simply restatements of the fact the Clemson is the better team. Big plays, busted plays, starters not playing, poor coaching decisions, unmotivated... all indicative of the quality of the team.

I hope they continue to understate their problem relative to us. This is the beginning of the end for them if they continue self delusionment. Empires crumble from within.

Jul 17, 2019, 10:16 PM

@8992tiger I love this post! Dynasties crumble from within for sure.
SEC-ond and Bama fans are going to repeat the same non-sense. See you can show up for Vandy on a 12 pm kick unprepared and still win. But, they still don't get Clemson isn't going anywhere yet. They have us mistaken for a Big 10 team or something. Maybe, they continue this denial to l
the point a couple teams from their weak conference actually beats them. If right is right, that arrogant attitude will bite them in the rear posterior.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 9:10 PM

Them boys just keep on poking that bear, don't they.

Isn't preparation part of football?***

Jul 18, 2019, 2:28 AM

Jul 18, 2019, 4:29 AM

Remember, " Excuses only satisfy the ones that make them ". GO TIGERS!!!

Unreal. It’s worth reminding them that it was more than just a 28 point win.

Jul 18, 2019, 6:45 AM

It was a 28 point win that finished with a 10 minute, 94 yard drive. It wast a 35 point win only because Dabo chose for it not to be.

Meanwhile the toughest team they played couldn’t beat Bama’s backup. Or LSU...or Texas...

Those guys really want Clemson focused and motivated in 2019, and we as Clemson fans should appreciate it.

null

Lol now that's funny. Yeah, UGA gave you a game. It was hard

Jul 18, 2019, 7:02 AM

because you had to try to win. With Clemson, you were so outclassed you never even had a chance and were never in the game, so it felt a lot easier to let that 60 minutes just tick on by on your way to defeat. I can understand where he's coming from.

Preparation?

Jul 18, 2019, 9:53 AM

They need some Preparation H after that A55 whooping we put on them.

Re: Preparation?

Jul 18, 2019, 10:05 AM

Recruiting, development, preparation, execution. All important factors. The first two are close between 'Bammer and Clemson. The Tigers beat their fannies in the last two. Plain and simple. GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe Nick Saban has let his players believe

Jul 18, 2019, 10:11 AM

This bull shiite! He is setting his program up for a massive fall when we do it again!

Unbelievable.

You say..."yeah, today they beat our arses." You accept it and move on. These friggin guys are still in denial! This writer is correct...the entire Bama program is simply in denial of reality.

It's weird, I remember articles like this before the game...

Jul 18, 2019, 11:46 AM

That were praising Alabama in every which way:

"They are so dominant that their best player, quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, usually sits out the fourth quarter, much as Stephen Curry, the Warriors otherworldly star, frequently does.

And, like Curry, seemingly in every game Tagovailoa has at least one moment when he reminds the world how much better he and his team are than everyone else."
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/05/sports/alabama-college-football-playoff.html

"You will be seeing the same closing image to the 2018 college football season as you have several times over the past decade: Alabama hoisting another championship trophy. Even if Clemson somehow slows the Tide’s ground game, there has been no answer for their receivers on the outside, and Clemson’s secondary is in for a long night if its front four does not get consistent pressure or at least give Tagovailoa something to think about every time he drops back to pass. As talented as Clemson’s is, it just may be too much to overcome this season. Expect a back-and-forth affair that Alabama takes control of in the second half.

Game MVP: Tagovailoa. The sophomore has proved when he is healthy that there isn’t a defense in America capable of stopping him."
https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/01/03/alabama-clemson-picks-playoff-championship-game-predictions

"The Crimson Tide cruised through the opening eight games as QB Tua Tagovailoa was piling up sensational stats on his way 3,671 passing yards with 41 touchdown passes and just 4 interceptions. Tagovailoa even gave way to backup QB Jalen Hurts in a number of games that were out of hand, but Hurts led the comeback from a 28-14 deficit to beat Georgia in the SEC Championship 35-28"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jayginsbach/2019/01/01/alabama-vs-clemson-2018-national-championship-and-college-football-playoff-odds-betting-breakdown/#6b5175ad7d78

Clemson

Jul 19, 2019, 6:58 AM

What a fine young man! Very well spoken, humble with a little humor interjected. This is why Clemson is a great University with a great Football Team. Thank you Dabo and Coaches for making this type of culture the cornerstone of our program!!

Jul 19, 2019, 7:19 AM

:) Alright. Simpson said what I said recently, that ND was the toughest team CLEMSON played last year. I think ND would have beaten Bama and I also said that recently. Bama looked tired and not well-coached. In fact, their play calling sucked and showed weakness on many of their plays. They seem to rely on athletic ability rather than correct technique. That's evident when Tua just throws the ball up and their athletic receivers usually bails his butt out. Watch how he plays and it usually works well in the weak SEC.

Jul 20, 2019, 11:57 AM

Don't respond to the Bama LB comments.

Over 71 years I've come to realize some teams just have a team's number.

Most of you weren't born during the 1981 Championship run.

Every year, I would hope Clemson would beat UGA.

I maybe miss-remembering what happened.

Then 1981, we beat UGA.

Bama has UGA's number. Bama beating UGA is God sent.

Back in "THE DAY", UGA had our number.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic