Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson falls spot in AP Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson falls spot in AP Top 25

Sep 30, 2018, 2:37 PM

Clemson falls spot in AP Top 25

The new Associated Press top-25 saw movement a little movement in the top-four this week. Ohio State jumped Clemson to No. 3 after grabbing a win at No. 9 Penn Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson falls spot in AP Top 25

Sep 30, 2018, 4:24 PM

Considering what happened this past week this should show the pollsters that this team has missing parts but still had the heart of a champion. Go Tigers!!! So proud of each one.

Sep 30, 2018, 5:34 PM

I don't that we have really come together as a team. either our talent level is greatly overrated (See USA TODAY.) I hope Syracuse is a great team. If not, we are in a heap of trouble.

Sep 30, 2018, 6:17 PM

I have no problem with us being #4 in the polls at this point.

We have not put together one complete game yet this season. We played our best game against GT last week but we could have won by 60 if we played a complete game.

I am just glad to get the W against Syracuse. The ACC looks really down and ESPN is going to hype the SEC as always. This means as someone else said "We are walking on a high rope without a net."

We cannot lose a game and expect to make it to the CFP. However, we can beat every team left on the schedule but we cannot just show up and expect to win.

We are going to have a bullseye on our back as teams will circle the date they play us.

I see the talent at nearly every position except maybe with the exception of our secondary. Our front 4 should be able to protect our secondary until this team gels.

I would go as far as to say we almost look like a All-Star team. A bunch of talent all over the field but not the best TEAM at this point.

I am hoping this come from behind win helps the team gel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack = dgcannon39

Sep 30, 2018, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson falls spot in AP Top 25 ]

Sad

Sep 30, 2018, 5:49 PM

Not really worried about the polls but in all honesty can't blame the pollsters for dropping us a spot or two. While we are winning - for the most part we have yet to play up to our potential this year and have looked downright bad at times.

We are making a lot of mental mistakes, missed assignments, and with the exception of the GA Tech game, have yet to play complimentary football. We have the talent in place to be the best team in the country but the execution thus far has been far below that standard. If we ever start clicking on all cylinders over multiple games - we are going to crush some folks and the polls will reflect that. However, if we continue in our current pattern and play in spurts of really good with some truly head scratching bad then we can expect that to be reflected in the polling.

I do wonder if the massive amount of player substitutions during a game is starting to cut us both ways. It builds experienced depth which is a great thing to have, but wonder if we are almost substituting too much and is negatively affecting our unit cohesion and rhythm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tabby & Deanster

Sep 30, 2018, 8:02 PM

Both of you had excellent posts. Very thoughtful. TU for both of you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, Ohio State

Sep 30, 2018, 8:03 PM

I hope we get them in round 1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL, Ohio State

Sep 30, 2018, 11:05 PM

Fair enough, but I would prefer to get them in the Championship game! :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic