Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson extends contract for Brent Venables
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson extends contract for Brent Venables

Apr 26, 2019, 10:27 AM

Clemson extends contract for Brent Venables

CLEMSON – The Clemson University Board of Trustees Compensation Committee approved a contract extension for defensive coordinator Brent Venables early Friday, a Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson extends contract for Brent Venables

Apr 26, 2019, 10:31 AM

Great job Coach and I hope you and Dabo continue your great relationship. Glad to have this staff leading our young men.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 10:44 AM

There is no better DC in college football than BV. His success in recruiting, developing and coaching is second to none. And coaching continuity is an incredibly important ingredient to year to year success, something that Nick Saban, surprisingly, doesn't seem to grasp, thankfully, or is it just plain arrogance?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 10:45 AM

Stupidity?

Cle, Christain & Dex could kick in some $$$ as alums to BV

Apr 26, 2019, 10:32 AM

Do we give BV some applause for helping to get those guys to the millionaire club?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not enough! Why is he the second highest paid Asst Coach

Apr 26, 2019, 10:33 AM

when he just coached, trained and developed three DL drafted in the top 17 draft picks of the first round? And probably another second round pick today! He deserves $3,000,000+ per year! Keep him!

Re: Not enough! Why is he the second highest paid Asst Coach

Apr 26, 2019, 12:29 PM

At his salary, he’s not staying or leaving for the money. It everything else that makes him stay.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Not enough! Why is he the second highest paid Asst Coach ]

That is just base salary. BV has great bonuses in place and hits them, unlike Aranda. Not to mention the insane insurance policy CU pays for in his name. BV is very well compensated, he isn't leaving unless he gets a major HC offer.

May 3, 2019, 4:11 PM [ in reply to Not enough! Why is he the second highest paid Asst Coach ]

2.5 to get him up there with the top paid DC but, I don't think that a mil a year raise for an assistant is a good idea bc, it will cause a domino affect with other assistants and before you know it, coordinators salaries everywhere will be up to 3 mil starting a $$$$ race for the highest paid. Do we really want college FB talk to be mostly about the $$$$???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 11:12 AM

Me too Mike. Little disappointed he didn’t become the highest paid coordinator. Not sure I’d classified this as historical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 12:04 PM

I'm with you - kerigantoo !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 3, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson extends contract for Brent Venables ]

Good afternoon my friend!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2019, 7:37 PM

Deserves additional $2.2M just for the defensive scheme executed against The Tide!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 7:57 AM

Pay the Man Much More!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic