Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson extends closure, postpones commencement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,701

TNET: Clemson extends closure, postpones commencement

Mar 19, 2020, 6:21 PM

Clemson extends closure, postpones commencement

Clemson President Jim Clements announced in an email on Thursday afternoon that all Clemson events, activities and gatherings are suspended at least through the Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson extends closure, postpones commencement

Mar 19, 2020, 7:30 PM

:(

Re: TNET: Clemson extends closure, postpones commencement

Mar 19, 2020, 8:44 PM

:(

Ridiculous***

Mar 19, 2020, 9:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ridiculous***

Mar 19, 2020, 9:50 PM

The only ridiculous think here is people like you not taking this seriously.

Please think of others and adhere to the social distancing guidelines so we don’t overwhelm the healthcare system

Seems pre-mature to call off the rest of the semester to me

Mar 19, 2020, 10:45 PM

but they know a lot more about all the moving pieces than I do. Would think they could have given things 15 to 30 days and see where we are at in this COVID-19 fight and make a final decision in April - guess that isn't an option...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems pre-mature to call off the rest of the semester to me

Mar 19, 2020, 10:53 PM

It’s only been a week, but there will be a time when the cure is worse than the sickness. I hope our leadership are able to recognize it !

Mar 19, 2020, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Seems pre-mature to call off the rest of the semester to me ]

It’s only been a week, but there will be a time when the cure is worse than the sickness. I hope our leadership are able to recognize it !

Mar 20, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Seems pre-mature to call off the rest of the semester to me ]

I think there is a time for everything under the sun... Many churches are moving the services on line and some are advising those over 60 to worship from home or in family groups.

In the case of Clemson University or any college or university, there are may professors and staff that are 60 or older. Many of the students have grandparents or other family members that are 60 or older. I do not see how social distance from others could be maintained on Clemson's campus. If they did nothing, and 100's of the Clemson family died what would you think. We as a nation and a state and a Clemson community can get through this will a little inconvenience if we work at not spreading this disease until an effective treatment or vaccine is ready.

I am prepared to have my temperature checked to enter any public event or building over the next 12 to 24 months, I consider it the new normal just like a metal detector to keep all of us as safe as possible.

I am not afraid of this virus or any disease, if a friend or a family member had this I would try to help care for them. I am dreadfully afraid of passing it to a friend or family member that may be at risk by age or health condition. I no longer visit my friends that are on oxygen, I fist bump my sister that has asthma. i do not want anyone to die because I was careless and did not heed the advice given by medical professionals.

I would be shocked if the Clemson administration did not consult with the best experts available about this course of action.

Go Tigers! stay safe!

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,701
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic