Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson drops four spots in AP Top 25
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson drops four spots in AP Top 25

Feb 19, 2018, 12:28 PM

Clemson drops four spots in AP Top 25

Clemson dropped four spots in the Associated Press Top 25 on Monday. The Tigers (20-6, 9-5 ACC) had ascended to the highest ranking yet in the Brad Brownell era Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson drops four spots in AP Top 25

Feb 19, 2018, 1:53 PM

?? that's fair enough...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 3:04 PM

15th is better than Clemson BB has been ranked in yearsss. H&LL, being ranked AT ALL is better than we have been ranked in many years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2018, 6:35 PM

You got that right!

The Tigers truly missed a helluva an opportunity

Feb 19, 2018, 3:33 PM

to pick up an ACC road win in Tallahassee early last week and those don't come along very often--especially against teams like FlaSt who normally are much taller, have longer reach, and are faster than Clemson (at least at the guard positions.).....and in my mind, a one point overtime loss in an away game doesn't make up for how badly/stupidly the Tigers played at different points in that game. While I agree there were some coaching errors made, the vast majority of turnovers were from sloppy passing and being outplayed by the defenseman.

Wonder how many times the Tigers have practiced bringing the ball in bounds since early last fall?? Obviously it wasn't enough, because they're still having difficulty. So, spend more time on effective in-bounding at the expense of what?? The NCAA has strict limits on practice time, so if something as elemental as in-bounding the ball requires more time, how/when do the asst. coaches teach blocking-out on rebounds?---something else a bunch of our players have yet to master (not Devoe--he does pretty well)......sometimes Grantham's absence really shows up

Boy, we missed a good shot winning a conference away game....oh, well

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Tigers truly missed a helluva an opportunity

Feb 19, 2018, 10:39 PM

Because I stressed blocking out so much when coaching, I watch for it often. I just don't see it, and, it befuddles me. It kills us over the entirety of the game. You just can't give up second shots. How many times does the end result come down to a procession or two? Many times. And then playing smart. That comes from coaching. We don't play smartly. Many of the turnovers never should have happened, except for bad decisions. We aren't superior athletes to over come a dumb decision.
Going forward, if they can somehow get a couple wins here at the end and show up at the ACC Tourney, we can come out with a decent seeding . . which is a lot more than most of us thought at the beginning/

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic