Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm

Sep 12, 2018, 3:14 PM

Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm

The impending impact of Hurricane Florence on South Carolina has caused a changed in the schedule for Clemson hosting Georgia Southern on Saturday. The kickoff Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm

Sep 12, 2018, 3:17 PM

Any word on the new TV schedule?

it said tv plans are being discussed... (just sayin')***

Sep 12, 2018, 4:33 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Clemson > Miami

Sep 12, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm ]

We get the TV coverage. Period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy solution is to move the Miami Toledo game to 3:30

Sep 12, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm ]

If they simply swap the start times of our game and the Miami game TV coverage issues go away as ESPN2 can carry both...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:25 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess they were worried about that 20-30 percent

Sep 12, 2018, 3:32 PM

Re: Guess they were worried about that 20-30 percent

Sep 12, 2018, 3:40 PM

No, I'm pretty certain it was based on giving the fans, teams and everyone else enough to time to travel safely throughout the day instead of the late evening and night. 3 1/2 hours is 3 1/2 hours, I think its a good move.

Re: Guess they were worried about that 20-30 percent

Sep 13, 2018, 4:59 PM

I agree. Clemson certainly worries about its fans!!!

Did Tigernet Staff take that photo?***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:32 PM

Not likely since I don't see any misspelled words.***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:36 PM

Yes. It was from the press box at Texas A&M.***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Did Tigernet Staff take that photo?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well played brah!***

Sep 12, 2018, 10:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 12, 2018, 3:35 PM

Pretty ridiculous considering it's not going to effect the area Saturday.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:39 PM

But it will affect those traveling. I think it’s a good move.

Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now?

Sep 12, 2018, 3:39 PM

It's just going to rain in Clemson. It's going to be minor. The news is turning people into nutjobs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now?

Sep 12, 2018, 3:45 PM

It's all a conspiracy. Anything of paranoia to avoid the Georgia Southern Eagles.

I am a Georgia Southern Alum. You trolls are not helping.

Sep 12, 2018, 3:48 PM

You guys are causing people to think we are delusional. It serves absolutely no purpose beyond that.

If this were Monken or Fritz coached Southern then it would be a different story. But GSU is still in recovery mode from the worst coach of all time.

Sep 12, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? ]

Well I think that all the Up Roar about the weather is so the coots can avoid a beating from the Marshall Thundering Herd, and they are hoping the game will be cancelled!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? ]

Hilarious !

Sep 12, 2018, 7:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? ]

Hilarious !

^^^ fact In Marion County - people are driving off the

Sep 12, 2018, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? ]

road into ditches, stoping at green lights, buying distilled water to drink, getting styrofoam coolers of ice all 72 hours and 90 degrees before any chance of showers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ fact In Marion County - people are driving off the

Sep 12, 2018, 4:34 PM

Speaking of buying water, the Bi Lo on 321 in cootlumbia is the first I've seen so far that is price gouging, they was selling 16 Oz bottle water cases of no name for $10 bucks a case. The IGA had 16.9 Oz bottle cases Nestle' for $6.95!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? Well

Sep 12, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? ]

because there are too many lawyers looking to sue over nothing and we've become a nation of whinnie candy behind complainers. If you cancel people complain, if you dont people complain. "Ohhh we might get a negative tweet."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? Well

Sep 12, 2018, 4:17 PM

74TIGER said:

because there are too many lawyers looking to sue over nothing and we've become a nation of whinnie candy behind complainers. If you cancel people complain, if you dont people complain. "Ohhh we might get a negative tweet."

74TIGER, you are 100% right. It irks me to no end to see what a bunch of namby-pambies our country is becoming, and the lawyers and the government are the two biggest reasons. We’re raising kids who are going to look for every excuse in the book to not do something when it looks like there is a chance that the weather might make it a little more difficult or chancy. Would the ESPN Gameday and the Notre Dame game in 2015 go off today like they did then, if we were looking at the same circumstances now? I bet not, and that’s a shame.

It will be better for people traveling back to eastern parts

Sep 12, 2018, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Why is everyone such a paranoid about weather now? ]

of the state!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that sucks. But I think the time change is more due to

Sep 12, 2018, 3:45 PM

the weather AFTER the game to give people time to get home and keep people off the interstates when the storm is rolling in. We use a lot of state troopers etc to manage traffic, and I'm sure the state & locals will want to have all their law enforcement available once the storm rolls in this way.

Mouth Carolina is still playing at 7:30, so much for the

Sep 12, 2018, 3:49 PM

"resources" excuse

Re: Mouth Carolina is still playing at 7:30, so much for the

Sep 12, 2018, 3:54 PM

Yeah, but they're stupid

And we're cheap***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:59 PM

Sep 12, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Mouth Carolina is still playing at 7:30, so much for the ]

Most of their fans will be gone by 9:00pm so it's a low risk decision.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Mouth Carolina is still playing at 7:30, so much for the ]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it is not delayed....the dirt peckers game with the Herd is CANCELLED. Carry on with your bellyaching.

Well I WAS gonna show up coated in FlexSeal, but now idk...***

Sep 12, 2018, 3:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been calling the WhiteHouse for days begging them

Sep 12, 2018, 3:55 PM

to just spray the entire SouthEast in flex seal. Problem solved. It's like our CIA doesn't even watch infomercials.

Re: I've been calling the WhiteHouse for days begging them

Sep 12, 2018, 4:07 PM

Wheee doggy!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been calling the WhiteHouse for days begging them

Sep 12, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to I've been calling the WhiteHouse for days begging them ]

We can't even release balloons anymore and straws are being need everywhere. No way we will get approval to spray the southeast in flex seal.

Re: Well I WAS gonna show up coated in FlexSeal, but now idk...***

Sep 12, 2018, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Well I WAS gonna show up coated in FlexSeal, but now idk...*** ]

Now you gotta admit, that's funny...

Re: Well I WAS gonna show up coated in FlexSeal, but now idk...***

Sep 12, 2018, 5:09 PM

We didn’t do balloons before the Furman game and look what happens. Just sayin’.

Sep 12, 2018, 4:22 PM

I'll be glad when we do what Buck Rogers did and live in domed cities.

Sep 12, 2018, 4:31 PM

Woo hoo! I was afraid it would get cancelled.

Sep 12, 2018, 4:51 PM

Need to change it to Friday night...I know its last minute but at least the weather would be better....GA Southern isnt that far away!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 4:57 PM

More important things then playing football imo. Those troopers that will be there Saturday could be used for helping people from the storms. The playoff committee wouldn’t keep us out at 12-1 or 13-0 because we didn’t play ga southern.

Sep 12, 2018, 4:59 PM

All the more reason to move it up to Friday night....

Sep 12, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm ]

Those troopers from the upstate are going to be in Myrtle Beach helping people before the storm even hits?

Oh yeah, and the storm will only hit SC as a Tropical Storm. Stop watching the mainstream hype media dude.

You mean the ones under mandatory evacuation orders?

Sep 12, 2018, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson changes game time due to approaching storm ]

let the troopers do as they must. We can survive without them.

I long for the good old days

Sep 12, 2018, 5:05 PM

let’s kick it off at 1:00, tv or no tv. The hell with ESPN, Nike and.....whom I leaving out?

Personally this doesn't really help much.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:06 PM

The problem is going to be driving home after the game. Saturday at about 6 PM there is supposed to be a Tropical Storm sitting either on top of Charleston or somewhere between here and Santee. So it's not the wisest idea to take a drive through that on the way home, especially considering governor Foghorn Leghorn has 26-E shutdown.

Not that it matters, but a lot of folks from the coast are probably going to sit this one out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Personally this doesn't really help much.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:22 PM

Clemson area is not going to have that much of a problem. Many people in the upstate can be home in an hour.

However, many Tiger fans travel greater distances for the game. I haven't missed a home game in I don't know when. I made Norte Dame, but couldn't get home for two days because all of the roads washed out.

I wish the game was played Friday because I would have made it.

Now, I'm looking at missing the game. In Sumter, they are predicting 75 plus winds by 2pm on Saturday and not getting any better until late Sunday. I cannot imagine having to drive through those conditions and take the risk of a tree falling or not being able to get home again. This time, there are not many hotel rooms available because of coastal evacuations.

Noon is a wise decision and those blessed to be in the upstate and able to go to the came should be thankful. I don't miss Tiger home games and I make a good many away games.

For those going, be loud and proud for the Tigers.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:28 PM

The biggest issue for those at the game will be the traffic. There will no be limited to no trooper support due to the storm.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Personally this doesn't really help much. ]

So should we cancel a game when there's a hurricane in Florida since it might impact a few Clemson fans in Florida. Of course not. It will be fine in Clemson. Play the game.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:26 PM

What does Florida have to do with South Carolina? Some people have no consideration for their fellow Tigers.

Sep 12, 2018, 6:15 PM

Jacksonville FL has as much to do with Clemson as Myrtle Beach.

Which is basically none.

Clemson is a state school that serves South Carolina.***

Sep 12, 2018, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Personally this doesn't really help much. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is a state school that serves South Carolina.***

Sep 12, 2018, 6:16 PM

Should UCLA cancel their games because of fires in Napa Valley?

Meanwhile down the road...

Sep 12, 2018, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Personally this doesn't really help much. ]

In Columbia, the Fighting Chickens are going to have an uphill battle to improve on last year's record, since they have just cancelled their home game vs Marshall.

Florence is a serious storm.

Let's hope it only goes down in history as the Coots' primary excuse for their lousy 2018 record, and nothing of consequence to the rest of us.

Re: Meanwhile down the road...

Sep 12, 2018, 5:50 PM

Rw43 said:

In Columbia, the Fighting Chickens are going to have an uphill battle to improve on last year's record, since they have just cancelled their home game vs Marshall.

Florence is a serious storm.

Let's hope it only goes down in history as the Coots' primary excuse for their lousy 2018 record, and nothing of consequence to the rest of us.

I thought that the excuse to not lose to the herd they would chicken out. What if it rains when we were to play them?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Personally this doesn't really help much. ]

The point is that it won't be fine in 2/3rds of the rest of the state Saturday where probably 2/3rds of the fans live and would have to travel from and back to...you seem rather selfish; get your head out your ####

1/3 of the state is under mandatory evacuation so they

Sep 12, 2018, 5:47 PM

shouldn’t be there now and shouldn’t be going back on Saturday. Many of the Clemson fans I know in the lowcountry evacuated to the upstate anyway. If people don’t want to travel they don’t have to. It will probably be a beautiful afternoon in Clemson.

Re: 1/3 of the state is under mandatory evacuation so they

Sep 12, 2018, 5:54 PM

If the weather doesn't ruin your than Georgia Southern will. Prepare for a miserable day.

Re: Agree that it should be a nice day in Tigertown and noon

Sep 12, 2018, 6:08 PM [ in reply to 1/3 of the state is under mandatory evacuation so they ]

kickoff is probably the best option for playing the game under the circumstances (USuC apparently has now cancelled theirs) but it's too bad that thousands of Tiger fans won't be there in their tailgate spots and seats because of the various impacts of Flo.

I’ll take overreactions for $500, Alex.***

Sep 12, 2018, 7:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

should have moved it to friday..

Sep 12, 2018, 8:27 PM

not good optics to be playing a ball game while folks in the other part of the state are getting smashed by a hurricane

Re: should have moved it to friday..

Sep 12, 2018, 10:44 PM

A weak Hurricane and by Saturday it'll be nothing more than a tropical storm. Will it make people without power in Myrtle Beach feel better to know Clemson football isn't playing 350 miles away? I don't get it.

The bad optics would be canceling a game and inflicting serious economic pain to the Clemson region when Saturday will be sunny. Canceling would be a terrible decision.

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic