Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson DT entering transfer portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson DT entering transfer portal

Jan 18, 2020, 1:52 PM

Clemson DT entering transfer portal

Junior defensive tackle has entered the NCAA transfer portal, TigerNet has confirmed. He is a graduate and therefore eligible immediately for one more season at Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of luck to X Kelly

Jan 18, 2020, 1:58 PM

Forever a Clemson Tiger. Hope he crushes it wherever he goes.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: TNET: Clemson DT entering transfer portal

Jan 18, 2020, 2:12 PM

Wish him the very best.

Any D-lineman that wasn't in the two-deep last season should consider transferring.

Jan 18, 2020, 4:18 PM

What you're saying really doesn't make good sense to me when someone make a statement as yours, bc what if they did transfer? What if one of the ones or twos of the two deep has a season ending injury, and it happens all the time, but what's next if all the 3 deep has transferred. Personally I believe any player that is good enough to step in the next man up scheme of things the way it is by the Dabo rule, if he works hard enough even if it has to be before and after practice, Dabo and BV will notice and they will be rewarded with sharing play time in the two deep rotation....;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 4:29 PM

I think he's referring to the relative strength of the incoming FR class.

Maybe his/her comment seems "broadbrush", but anyone who has graduated should seriously consider it, or at least have The Talk with their position coach.

(I think that is one of the features of Dabo's program. IMO it should be mandated by the NCAA for all programs. )

Jan 18, 2020, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DT entering transfer portal ]

C'mon. I didn't say everyone not on two-deep should leave. I said they should CONSIDER transferring. Particularly guys like Xavier Kelly who are graduates.

Wouldn't be surprised if another D-line player entered the portal.

We all know good and well they ALL won't leave, nor should they. Let's keep some sense in the conversation.

I don’t think everyone should consider transferring. This

Jan 18, 2020, 10:06 PM

Portal is out of control as it is.

All players should be forward thinking. That doesn’t always mean leaving. It means working for a spot in the 2 deep next year sometimes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that’s really a dumb statement. Some players develop slower than others.

Jan 18, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson DT entering transfer portal ]

Let’s just get rid of all our three deep personnel. That’s how we build depth! Geez... smh ?????

Message was edited by: RU4GOD2®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Best of luck to you. Thanks for all you have done for CU***

Jan 18, 2020, 2:31 PM

Jan 18, 2020, 2:46 PM

Best to you young man and may God Bless you as you move forward with your life. Thank you for your time at Clemson, your dedication, work ethic, and commitment to obtaining your degree from CLEMSON. You will always be a Clemson Tiger! I wish you much success in your future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck and best wishes- hope you go somewhere Clemson

Jan 18, 2020, 2:53 PM

Won’t compete against and tear everyone up!

Jan 18, 2020, 2:54 PM

Best wishes XK! Thank you for the years you invested here, and we are very proud to have you as a Clemson graduate! Good luck next year and in life beyond.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 2:59 PM

Jeff Scott's on line 1 !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 18, 2020, 4:27 PM

Excellent idea Tigerdug, actually I hope every Clemson player that is looking for another place where they can maybe be a starter, I hope that they talk to Jeff Scott before making any decision for anywhere else first. I believe there will be NFL coaches looking at players in a Jeff Scott run program bc of the WRs that he help get into the NFL!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 6:05 PM

XK is a fine young man and has been an asset to this team. I don't blame him for entering the portal, but I'm afraid he will wind up somewhere where he may be in the same situation that he is here like a number of other transfers. Maybe he can thrive at a mid-major closer to home. Wherever he winds up I wish him the best and he will always be welcome back here as a Clemson graduate.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let’s see......

Jan 18, 2020, 7:17 PM

It didn’t work out too well for Kelly Bryant, Shaq Smith, Tav-ion Feaster, QB Johnson....all left for more playing time and ended up on teams with pitiful losing records, no bowl games and very little exposure. Could have stayed and gotten plenty at CU......just saying.

Hope it works out better for XK......

If a guy graduates and wants to go somewhere it’s easier to

Jan 18, 2020, 10:09 PM

Be a starter, I get it. Sometimes it just makes sense. Especially for a guy like Chase Brice, who i think could make it as a pro QB.

No need to take a dig at all the former tigers. You look like a jealous ex boyfriend

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, let’s see......

Jan 18, 2020, 7:19 PM

It didn’t work out too well for Kelly Bryant, Shaq Smith, Tav-ion Feaster, Hunter Johnson....all left for more playing time and ended up on teams with pitiful losing records, no bowl games and very little exposure. Could have stayed and gotten plenty at CU......just saying.

Hope it works out better for XK......

Jan 18, 2020, 10:00 PM

I had extremely high hopes for XK. Kid had all the measurables coming out of High School; speed, size etc. But I did wonder if his level of competition in KS was a hindrance. Seeing him come in he just seemed slow to recognize and diagnose the play when compared to the guys he was lined up next to, like Dex or CW42. Still, I think he has a lot of upside still, maybe the right fit and the light coming on will all click. Best of luck to this young man!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 10:48 PM

I loved the pic he did of Tyshone Dye and CJ Fuller after the death of Dye thos past summer. Wish you the best at your next location, good luck!

Jan 18, 2020, 11:24 PM

I hear he wants to go to the winning Tiger program and will transfer to LSU. Who knows.

Jan 19, 2020, 12:03 AM

He's better than anything you have in cooterville and couldnt get the PT here. GFY!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2020, 12:51 AM

Best wishes to XK#22

Jan 19, 2020, 3:43 AM

Xavier you will always be a Clemson Tiger to us . Proud to have you as a fellow Clemson Alumnus . Go and play great for your next team. We will be cheering for you !

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic