Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update

Jun 19, 2020, 5:33 PM

Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update

Thus far in the month of June, Clemson Athletics student-athletes and staff have completed 315 tests for COVID-19 with a total of 28 positive results. Clemson h Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update

Jun 19, 2020, 5:43 PM

Hopefully the numbers dwindle quickly and this ends soon...

LOL! Sounds like FM thinking on a bad date.

Jun 19, 2020, 5:54 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2020, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update ]

Thanks Trump. Sadly that would be awesome but not realistic.

Jun 19, 2020, 8:39 PM

What F does Trump have to do with this. You lib moron

Jun 20, 2020, 1:54 PM

Very Christian post! Judging, cussing and name calling! ?? #welldone #proud

Jun 20, 2020, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update ]

What’s Trump got to do with it ???

Jun 19, 2020, 6:26 PM

Are you still thinking about a season, Dan Rad? It would be ugly to go to South Bend down 25 players if this continues.

Jun 19, 2020, 8:40 PM

ThTs not just the football team. Lib little

Reports are out saying 23/28 are football***

Jun 19, 2020, 11:40 PM

Get over it... nature sucks ... young folks are immune and

Jun 19, 2020, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update ]

No one is placing a gun to anyone’s head to play

Every student athlete can choose to play or not. No one is forcing them.

If Trevor or Etienne wants to forego playing this season, they certainly can. Why do you think it is a forced thing?

We shall play regardless. Either they are with us or not. Either way is fine. No forcre. All choice.

What cannot be forced is whether Clemson or the ACC or the NCAA and other conferences choose to play. if players choose to play, have them sign waivers on C-19 liability and bring it on like donkey Kong!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get over it... nature sucks ... young folks are immune and

Jun 20, 2020, 8:10 PM

I’m a doctor. And the biggest clemson fan you will meet. Call me on it if you want. College football can’t happen this year. And people like you are dangerous. I can see your maga hat from here.

Re: Get over it... nature sucks ... young folks are immune and

Jun 20, 2020, 10:02 PM

I’m glad your not my doctor. I can see your I love Hillary shirt

You should read some data then

Jun 21, 2020, 2:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Get over it... nature sucks ... young folks are immune and ]

Jun 19, 2020, 6:27 PM

Looks kike a season with weekly injury and covid-19 reports. Roster shuffling.
I hope the tests are 100% reliable.

74% of the cases are 11-61 years old 26%

Jun 19, 2020, 6:42 PM

are from 61 and older..meaning its rising fast on the not at risk age group.

What is death rate for 11-61 who are healthy?

Jun 19, 2020, 9:28 PM

See, the issue is this is a threat to those with underlying health issue so and the elderly... it is called nature... we cannot sit and wait forever for nature to stop what nature does... ??

Jun 19, 2020, 6:43 PM

Would seem to me that if most are asymptomatic they're apparently doing well and should be good to go after a couple of weeks. Healthy young men should bounce back quickly even if they develop symptoms. Perhaps others who have been exposed to these 23 will test positive in a few more days. If so, hopefully the entire team develops herd immunity before the season starts.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2020, 7:46 PM

I totally agree. In fact, I know the University wouldn’t condone it but I wonder if the players are exposing themselves for that reason. Seems like a lot of positive results. Better to get it now than in the fall.

Jun 19, 2020, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update ]

I posted this a few days ago. My 20 year old son tested COVID positive in prescreening for back surgery at Duke, he was completely asymptomatic and had not left the house for 17 days prior due to his back pain. Everyone else in the house tested negative so we demanded that he be tested again and five days later the result came back negative. His surgery was rescheduled for this coming Tuesday and he now has to test negative twice within 48 hours for them to proceed. We are praying for two negative results this week end as the boy is in severe pain.

Jun 19, 2020, 9:45 PM

God bless your son, and I hope and pray he will come through all those issues and all of you will be well and happy. But curious, did he test positive for the disease, Covid-19, or positive for the virus that causes the disease (I think it's CoV-2, or something like that)?

I think many, if not all, of these tests are to detect the virus, not the disease itself. College athletes are young and the healthiest people on the planet. Now, of course, media is claiming that the vast majority of new cases are among the younger age group. I have children in their early-mid twenties who are healthy and covid free as I type. But, I'm an old man with type-1 diabetes and high blood pressure, who smokes and drinks at the same time. Que sera, sera... God bless us all, and fight the good fight!

Go Tigers!!!

Jun 19, 2020, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update ]

Praying for your son.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 19, 2020, 11:41 PM

Thanks to all for the prayers! Yes, we were told that he was COVID-19 positive.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update ]

Wishing you and him the best with his tests and with his surgery.

By Sept 1st, if all players & coaches have contracted

Jun 19, 2020, 7:05 PM

,and no deaths, is there a worry anymore after that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The recent uptic is due to the protests two weeks ago

Jun 19, 2020, 8:10 PM

Don't worry though. Most are just asymptomatic. People under 65 are more likely to die in a car wreck than die from corona virus and even more likely to die from a bottle of corona falling off an overpass and breaking thru their windshield than dyeing from corona virus.

Re: The recent uptic is due to the protests two weeks ago

Jun 26, 2020, 6:15 PM

yep. most are asymptomatic. and for the couple of players out of roughly 100 who drop dead, well, hey, season tickets've gotta count for something.

I feel so sorry for these kids

Jun 19, 2020, 8:15 PM

It was too early to be allowed back and there will not be a football season this year.

Re: I feel so sorry for these kids

Jun 19, 2020, 8:20 PM

The sky is falling...the sky is falling...!!!

What if it was your child!?!?!?***

Jun 19, 2020, 8:42 PM

Re: What if it was your child!?!?!?***

Jun 19, 2020, 8:55 PM

First, I wouldn't consider any of these young men a child;

Secondly, I would trust my young man's judgement and let him decide what is best for him;

Thirdly, Many of these young men love the game as much as life itself!

Lastly, I would support my son in whatever decision he makes.

Jun 19, 2020, 10:01 PM [ in reply to What if it was your child!?!?!?*** ]

I have children who I love with all my heart, and we can all buy insurance if we can afford it (etc.), but there's no indemnity for love and/or the consequences of life.

Go Tigers, and God bless us all!!!

My child at Clemson is positive....result on Thurs.

Jun 19, 2020, 10:25 PM [ in reply to What if it was your child!?!?!?*** ]

currently binge watching Netflix and having food dropped at his front door. Happy as a clam. These "children" are gonna be fine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WHAT. —> Re: What if it was your child!?!?!?***

Jun 19, 2020, 10:30 PM [ in reply to What if it was your child!?!?!?*** ]

Are you serious? No one is forcing anyone to play. Just like no one should force anyone NOT to play!

Let people choose and live as they see fit and stop being such a nanny stater!

Jun 20, 2020, 11:29 AM [ in reply to What if it was your child!?!?!?*** ]

It doesn't effect children you complete moron

Jun 19, 2020, 8:17 PM

Clemson Athletics COVID-19 update

Thus far in the month of June, Clemson Athletics student-athletes and staff have completed 315 tests for COVID-19 with a total of 28 positive results. Clemson h Read Update »

28 of our fellow tigers have tested positive for a potentially deadly virus...

Jun 19, 2020, 8:37 PM

All I head is “let’s play football”, “suck it up” or words to that end. You’re treating these kids like they are pieces of meat for your pleasure. What if it was your son or daughter. Would you tell them to go ahead if a number of their teammates tested positive? This is a potentially deadly virus that could kill any one of them or us. I am not a religious person, but 99% of you are. Keep these young women and men in your prayers that they make it through this ok. And PLEASE, wear a mask in public

No one is placing a gun to anyone’s head to play

Jun 19, 2020, 9:22 PM

Every student athlete can choose to play or not. No one is forcing them.

If Trevor or Etienne wants to forego playing this season, they certainly can. Why do you think it is a forced thing?

We shall play regardless. Either they are with us or not. Either way is fine. No forcre. All choice.

What cannot be forced is whether Clemson or the ACC or the NCAA and other conferences choose to play. if players choose to play, have them sign waivers on C-19 liability and bring it on like donkey Kong!

Re: 28 of our fellow tigers have tested positive for a potentially deadly virus...

Jun 19, 2020, 9:55 PM [ in reply to 28 of our fellow tigers have tested positive for a potentially deadly virus... ]

People in their age range are literally more likely to die from being struck by lightning than from this virus. Pretending like getting it is some kind of life and death struggle is the height of imbecility.

You are so correct sir! ??***

Jun 19, 2020, 10:00 PM

Mask!

Jun 19, 2020, 10:21 PM

Please wear your mask in public! Hopefully there will be football season for all! Go Tigers!!

Jun 20, 2020, 9:49 AM

According to multiple reports, 23 out of 28 positive tests are Clemson football players.

Bad News For 2020 collegiate football

Jun 20, 2020, 11:52 AM

Put everyone that tested positive in the same room all day with the other players with the exception of the older coaches that it could get really risky with them, and take another two weeks for everyone to quarantine, and get it over with before the season starts bc, it seems apparent that they all will end up testing positive at some point and time, so just get it over with, JUST KIDDING... But I do wonder if a season of FB is worth risking everybody on every team that puts the death risk higher with everyone that a positive player comes in contact with bc you can't trust all those college kids to self quarantine and remain quarantined until they are told different!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2020, 9:52 PM

What a tragic year this has been. Here we are with the number one team in football and the world falls apart.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic