Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season

Apr 14, 2020, 12:35 PM

Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season

Clemson athletic director updated the latest on the near-future of Tiger athletics with the Mickey Plyler show Tuesday. “If we don’t play or shorten the season, Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season

Apr 14, 2020, 12:45 PM

Spring season won’t be in conflict with the 2021 NFL calendar because that calendar won’t start until June....after the Super Bowl in May/June. It’s simple, college football will follow what the NFL does.

Apr 14, 2020, 1:25 PM

I was thinking the same thing...why would NFL (who also has a fall season normally) be marching on like usual if college doesn't? I don't see a situation where NCAA shifts and NFL goes on without fans in the stands and follows the same normal schedule.

Apr 14, 2020, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season ]

we have been doing this quarantine and social distancing thing for 32 days for gods sake. seems like forever i know. yet there are people that seem to know what will be happening 2,3,6 months, even a year from now. they must be some really smart people. we will all be fine, hopefully sooner than later. got a feeling americans do not like this government control very much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2020, 1:45 PM

True - but people are paranoid and government is actively trying to lengthen this whole process by refusing to acknowledge the only solution is herd immunity. Expect restrictions on large gatherings into the fall at least. Let’s be happy if we get a full season in spring.

Apr 14, 2020, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season ]

I totally have to agree with deroberts on this one. It's barely been a month. Understand as DRad was saying, you got to plan. Don't really see the argument of whether people would go to the games. Many don't go now if it's too hot, raining etc. Little revenue lost with smaller than average fan base.

I'd say wth if it's only 60k - which I think the size may be small in September but would grow unless another big wave hits... And if it did, we'll be right where we are now.

Still many many options. One imho, I think you'll see a vaccine fast tracked like never before. But I also think more realistic you'll have meds that work well enough by the fall.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2020, 3:16 PM

HE!! WE GOT MEDS THAT WORK JUST FINE NOW IF THE MEDIA WOULD JUST SHUT THEIR TRAPS AND LET THE EXPERTS DO THEIR JOBS.

Apr 14, 2020, 3:27 PM

We'll agree to disagree on that one. Do you really think the media has anything to do with it? I'll trust the medical experts... The independent medical experts. My docs already told me I couldn't take anyway, so unless an alternative is provided, I have no skin in that game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2020, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season ]

Btw- love you much better my friend with the all caps.

Apr 14, 2020, 1:33 PM

Fall football at the normal time would be wonderful. However, if that doesn’t happen for whatever reason, my overriding mantra is:

“Spring football is better than no football”

If if doesn’t happen in the fall, ADs around the country will find a way to deal with the challenges that Spring football would present. Gotta pay the bills and they can’t go a full academic year without football revenue.

Apr 14, 2020, 2:43 PM

There will not be a spring college football season. Hypothetically, if the season started March 1, then practice would need to start by Jan 15. There are numerous college football campuses that will be several feet under snow at that time of year, and they don't have the cushy indoor fields like we do. Are they supposed to practice in sub freezing temps? Not to mention the games in March up North would also be in the snow. Forget it. If we don't get a season this fall, it will be a full year before we get football again.

Apr 14, 2020, 3:36 PM

Good point and I'll promise they'll be a ton of pushback on that from most of the college's not named Mich or o41o.

As I posted below, what does moving it to spring accomplish without a vaccine. This is not the flu. Unfortunately the limited tests that have been performed shows 150 degrees does little to kill it...

Apr 14, 2020, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season ]

Football is a sport that can be played in bitter cold and snow. Teams practice in sub-freezing temps all the time.

And don’t most Big Ten schools have indoor practice facilities?

Apr 14, 2020, 6:07 PM

There are dozens of schools that do not have indoor practice facilities. Believe it or not football exists at far more schools that the Power 5 and not even all of those have indoor facilities.

Apr 15, 2020, 5:46 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson AD sees challenges with potential spring season ]

Does Trevor Lawrence stay , if we don’t play ?

Apr 15, 2020, 7:41 AM

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. we will play. the end. good lord

Apr 14, 2020, 2:57 PM

I can't see them playing a full schedule in spring '21 and another that fall. That's 24+ games in less than a year.

Apr 14, 2020, 3:19 PM

My point exactly. NFL is a business for players, college isn't... It really doesn't matter either way unless there's a vaccine. As stated above, I think you'll see one fast tracked like never before... That being said, experts already saying at least 12-18 months out. So without a vaccine, what changes from October to January that makes it any different?

Apr 14, 2020, 4:33 PM

We will reach herd immunity before a vaccine comes into play. The true mortality rate of this is like .3% and a large percentage of the country has likely already been infected without realizing it.

Re: TNET: Clemson AD -Once and for all ND is NOT in the ACC

Apr 14, 2020, 4:02 PM

their half a-ed membership counts for nothing. If they cant join fully they need to be ineligible for any conference titles. Enough with the coddling of these arrogant bozos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2020, 5:58 PM

The football decision is up to one person and one group, Presidents Clements and the Board of Directors. If the campus is not open, there will be no football or any other fall sports.

Apr 15, 2020, 7:01 AM

TL and ETN would probably declare for the NFL draft and we wouldn't have them.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic