Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CBS Sports Network analyst: "Telling you A&M is gonna win" over Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

TNET: CBS Sports Network analyst: "Telling you A&M is gonna win" over Clemson

Sep 4, 2019, 10:22 AM

CBS Sports Network analyst: "Telling you A&M is gonna win" over Clemson

CBS Sports Network's Rick Neuheisel is calling the road upset for the No. 1 Clemson vs. No. 12 Texas A&M contest on Saturday. Vegas odds have the Tigers as an 1 Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy to see who drew the short straw this week...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:27 AM

Someone has to play the role of delusional analyst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Easy to see who drew the short straw this week...

Sep 4, 2019, 3:39 PM

It was bound to happen, and we will never escape the upset alert no matter how good we get. It wouldn't matter if we beat Bama every time we play them for the rest of Nick Saban's career or, we could at the same time beat the #1 and #2 SEC teams until Dabo retired, and we would still be put on UPSET ALERT by sports media people every year that Clemson list FB as a university backed sport.

I think but wouldn't swear by it but, I think that when Danny Ford coached Clemson FB to being one of the top FB program in the country during his time as a Clemson FB HC at one of the smallest schools to have a powerhouse FB programs mixed in with the big boy programs. It was like a blind hate being aimed at Clemson bc we were one of the smallest programs that could compete with the big boys, and that wasn't suppose to happen bc we didn't have the money that the big boys had to invest to be a powerhouse FB program. It was like an instant jealousy became a part of the media's distaste to have to add a small school like Clemson in the same group as the elite big school programs. It's like they were happy when Danny Ford and Clemson fell from the graces of big time College FB for the next 35 years, and out of nowhere comes another Bama X player that no one would have ever thought to be a threat to the elite big boys, and whammo here comes Clemson again stepping on the toes of the big bad elitist where the media don't feel that Clemson belongs...

Now here is Clemson in the upper corner of one of the smallest states in the country, and we have reached the top of college FB again with another Bama product in Dabo Swinney that should have never been heard of again after he was fired from Bama. Now, here he is at that little Ole Clemson college making a H&11 of a lot noise and he won't go away quietly. People may not hate us, but they do hate the level that little ole Clemson is playing college FB. And yes, they want to see us lose bc they really don't believe we belong or talked about with the Bama's, Oklahoma's, Michigan's, OSU, The real USC, and the Florida's where those school have invested tons of money just to be considered as an elite FB program, and most of them are not actually, and here is little ole Clemson making those big boys with all the money look bad. We don't know about a lot of conversations or the private discussion that's went on behind those closed and locked doors, but I would bet that Dabo has been offered an UnGodly amount of money to leave Clemson and go to a Big Boy program where they tell him he belongs, and so far Dabo has turned them all down. To me, I think that it makes Dabo look bigger to keep little ole Clemson beating up those Big Ole Boys that has always looked down their noses at Clemson, and now they don't want Clemson showing up on their schedule bc they know that will be a fight for their life and will most likely die!!! Go Tigers, Go Dabo, Go little ole Clemson Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CBS Sports Network analyst: "Telling you A&M is gonna win" over Clemson

Sep 4, 2019, 10:27 AM

Thank you Rick. Even though you are a frigging idiot thank for giving Dabo and staff something to use for even more motivation. By the way, how is your gambling addiction going?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CBS Sports Network analyst: "Telling you A&M is gonna win" over Clemson

Sep 4, 2019, 3:54 PM

Obviously he likes the points!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 6:08 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking Zee!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 10:28 AM

I like him on Full Ride. Maybe that’s just because compared to the idiot he works with he looks good but he does give good insight on things. All that being said for some reason any chance he gets he takes a dig at Clemson. I mean he harbors a really deep grudge over something. He recited the stats from last years game in a vacuum - Clemson dominated but didn’t put the Aggies away and all their come from behind yards versus the vanilla limited Kelly Bryant offense made it seem as though they really should have won. I don’t know what the score will be but they won’t outgain the Tigers this year.

Sep 4, 2019, 10:35 AM

I like how he talks about Jimbo being familiar with Death Valley and not being intimidated. How the heck is that relevant? Jimbo isn't gonna suit up and run out there on 3rd and long and try a snap count while the Valley is rocking. It's the players on the field we intimidate, not some joker on the sideline.

null

Sep 4, 2019, 12:40 PM

I think we scared Brian Kelly pretty badly a few years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 10:30 AM

Who? Never heard of her.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Every network has a

Sep 4, 2019, 10:32 AM

Dez...or a Paul...or a Klackety Klak Klatt.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always nice to hear the opinion of a cheater.***

Sep 4, 2019, 10:33 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Neuheisel is a moron...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:37 AM

To suggest that A&M outplayed Clemson a year ago, is utterly ridiculous. Clemson was the better team for 3.5 quarters.

Last year, Lawrence, Etienne, and Ross all saw limited playing time so good luck with the notion that the Aggie defense will make more plays against the Tigers this season.

How'd that work-out for Alabama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Neuheisel is a moron...

Sep 4, 2019, 10:49 AM

There are so many analysts. They all say different stuff and try to cover as many angles and satisfy as many fan bases as possible in order to drive the ratings. If every one of them told the truth they'd say Clemson wins without a doubt, but that would #### off the opposing fan base. It's the same with all the preview magazines. You can almost automatically count on Michigan and Notre Dame being way over ranked, along with a few of the SEC teams. "Let's try to keep as many people as possible happy and watching us, buying our publication, listening to us, etc."

Nah...I think he's just an idiot ***

Sep 4, 2019, 10:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah...I think he's just an idiot ***

Sep 4, 2019, 11:07 AM

You may be right.

Re: Nah...I think he's just an idiot ***

Sep 4, 2019, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Nah...I think he's just an idiot *** ]

Wonder who he’s betting on?

I enjoy listening to the show. But I

Sep 4, 2019, 2:24 PM

actually think he’s taking the Aggies +17 and he’s really excited about the bet. He picks Aggies to win and IF they cover then he’ll still take credit.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?????? they never learn.***

Sep 4, 2019, 10:43 AM

How is last year's game so relevant, 14 games later?

Sep 4, 2019, 10:53 AM

We have played 14 games since our last meeting. Trevor Lawerence did not make his first start until 3 games later, had attempted exactly 14 passes in college to that point and only attempted 9 in that game. Has Kellen Mond made huge leaps and bounds since then? Has TL? Is their running game that averaged 219 yards a game last season that only managed 71 against us, better this year?

Is their offense better than last season? Is ours? Is their defense better? Ours at this point is not but I bet you they dont put up 430 yards through the air this year.

For these idiots to base their projection for this game off of last years game, 14 games ago, is idiotic. These are different teams and in a VERY different venue. The Tigers are gonna show why they are #1.

It was probably one of the best games they played all year..

Sep 4, 2019, 11:13 AM

if not the best.

They had all summer to prepare for a home game with a big favorable crowd, a new coaching staff, and the benefit of Clemson not having any film to study.

Talk about a perfect storm.

Plus, I could've SWORN we won the game last year

Sep 4, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to How is last year's game so relevant, 14 games later? ]

At TAMU. At least it seems like I vaguely recall that...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 10:57 AM

I was wondering how long it would take him to trash us. He was one of the biggest critics last year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I remember Booger’s comment.

Sep 4, 2019, 11:47 AM

Clemson fans will be “lugubrious” after Norte Dame wins in the valley. How did that work out? NEVER underestimate Dabo!!!
Go Tigers!!

That was Aaron Taylor, not Booger.***

Sep 4, 2019, 1:39 PM

Sep 4, 2019, 11:50 AM

“I think their run-stopping defense is gonna corral ETN”

Would that be the same run stopping defense that lost 6 starters, returns 1 starter and has as its only body of work a W over Texas State?

Sep 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

There is treason Rick Neuheisel isn't catching anymore... click bait... they play the game... 2 good teams 2 good coaches ... Death Valley is going to help Clemson but Jimbo's been there done that...

CBS excusively shows SEC college football games

Sep 4, 2019, 11:59 AM

on their network.

Their analysts are paid to promote the SEC, not to be "objective". Think Paul Finebaum as your reference point.

This is really NOT newsworthy, or relevant information to non-SEC fans.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He couldnt make it as a lawyer

Sep 4, 2019, 12:13 PM

So he took up coaching. At Colorado and Washington and UCLA, hotbeds of college football.

87-59 later he couldn't make it in coaching so he took up talking.

Wonder what new challenge awaits him after this blows up too

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neuheisel is a poor mans Paul Effbaum***

Sep 4, 2019, 12:22 PM

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Sep 4, 2019, 12:33 PM

I'll take it. He is always wrong when he picks against us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Good. This will feed into their egos ... and pride goes

Sep 4, 2019, 12:48 PM

before a fall.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Sep 4, 2019, 1:05 PM

Neuheisel is A proven loser, just look at his pathetic coaching record !

Sep 4, 2019, 1:28 PM

Will they never learn ?

This cat and that Jim Mora Jr. sure do love to pick against Clemson football .
Wonder what weakness they see that never materializes ?
Hmm .

DB23

Sep 4, 2019, 1:32 PM

This game does scare me. Back-to-back is hard to do these days and Clemson has a great chance of repeating. BV will prepare differently for Mond. If we play "Clemson" ball, we should be okay.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 2:30 PM

It does me too, they match up within .05 of an inch and 5 lbs. at every skill position. Where I feel good is elite athleticism by the Lawrence’s, Simmons, ETN and Ross to save the day. We win by a touch down

Sep 4, 2019, 1:35 PM

Everybody has a opinion. Our defense will decide the game.

Sep 4, 2019, 2:14 PM

Is he saying that he taking A&M straight up, or with the 17.5 point spread???

Sep 4, 2019, 2:30 PM

One thing he tends to forget. They played Friggin' Texas State! How can that idiot say based on Texas St and last years game that AM will win? Just like I tell all the coot fans when they say the next game you will lose. I simply say yeah I heard that for 15 games last year.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 3:53 PM

So did they, and how did that wish turn out for them, especially after we spanked their daddy in the National Championship by the tune of 44-16, and kept them from scoring a point in the 2nd half of the FB game after they made halftime adjustments. Bama did not score a single point in the final 30 minutes of FB, and that was the most shameful part of the game for Bama!!! The entire 2nd half and not a single point score, they was tired alright, they were tired of getting their a s s kicked to sleep!!!

Sep 4, 2019, 2:46 PM

Pretty sure this is the dummy that had some sort of moronic prediction in the Playoff last year as well. Though to be fair a lot of them did.

Sep 4, 2019, 3:53 PM

Aaaand that’s why he’s commentating and not coaching.

Sep 4, 2019, 4:45 PM

One thing that a lot of National Pundits forget is that we went into that A&M game last year somewhat blind. Of course we knew Jimbo and his tendencies, but we had no idea about their personnel and what they would possibly due. Venables spent that whole game calling it off the cuff. Most of that yardage they got was off of busted plays that to Mond credit he kept alive with his feet. Trevor also was in his second game and only played about 4 series. They have some football players there at A&M but I don't think it is going to be anywhere near the upset that Neuheisal thinks it will be.

Cool story bro

Sep 4, 2019, 7:02 PM

But seriously, step away from the crack pipe.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2019, 8:41 PM

Texas A&M is a big challenge, but last year Clemson handled them pretty well most of the game until Mond and the WR's caught fire late in the game. They basically went for broke later in the game and it payed off when Mond & their wideouts started making plays and Clemsons secondary didn't finish strong. Also one of A&M's late scores was a tipped ball that fell fortuitously to an aggie WR in the end zone for a TD... Clemson has a more experienced secondary this year, and will be able to make more plays on the ball than last years secondary imo…

Sep 5, 2019, 11:56 PM

OK,... let's spot the ball and we'll take it from there.

Go Tigers!!!

Who?***

Sep 6, 2019, 12:03 AM

Sep 6, 2019, 7:58 PM

No doubt Neuheisel for some reason has an axe to grind with Clemson -- regional maybe. But on the bright side, Neuheisel is known for getting it wrong. And for this game, he has completely and ignorantly failed to recognize Lawrence, Higgins, Ross and ETN were not factors in last year's game. Or that Tx A&M lost some skill players. I'll go with Hood's take … Tigers 41 Ags 27 sounds about right. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic