Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now

Dec 7, 2020, 5:41 PM

Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now

Ian Book leads the No. 2-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish into a rematch with No. 3 Clemson in the Dec. 19 ACC Championship game. His team's 47-40 double-overti Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang! He is salty!! May be from that 2018 game? Lol***

Dec 7, 2020, 6:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why we have to play the ACCCG

Dec 7, 2020, 6:00 PM

"we were able to join a conference this year and go undefeated in it."

gag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: why we have to play the ACCCG

Dec 7, 2020, 10:57 PM

I hope the Tigers rip all of the pages out of that book. They're just one-year interlopers like I've said all along. Swoffie should have never saved the season for those ingrates.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 8, 2020, 12:16 AM

All that we needed to prevent anybody from talking smack was one first down, and our coaches decided to do what hadn't been successful the entire game, and that was run the ball. There was no way that ND would have prevented DJ from making a first down with 3 passing plays bc, we done exactly what they expected us to do, and they were locked in and ready waiting for it, and that was to hand the ball to ETN, or DJ running the ball!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 10:47 AM

Hate it, but I put that all on Elliot. He calls the plays, and he didn't do a great job in that situation. Maybe Dabo should have overridden, but it's TE's job to call the plays. JMO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe . . . just maybe . . .

Dec 8, 2020, 11:35 AM

Dabs DID override him . . . Just saying . . . We’ll never know if Tony wanted to throw the ball and Dabo said, “NO!”

It is behind us . . . leave it there . . .

We are facing a “leave no doubt” opportunity . . . It’s time to Play Like Champions and take what is ours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe . . . just maybe . . .

Dec 8, 2020, 7:46 PM

Great point! One I hadn't thought of. Not saying that happened, because there have been a number of strategies this year where I thought the play calling lacked imagination, but I am just an ordinary fan, and I don't get to see or know the strategy Dabo and Tony have worked out. It seems as though Dabo would have said the calls were his, had they been, but who knows? +1 for your post, though, and I do get to make that call.

Re: TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now

Dec 7, 2020, 6:11 PM

"Whoever the 11 guys they were going to put on defense is what we were going to go against."

I can understand Book getting weary of these comments, but people conveniently ignore the absence of DEFENSIVE players James Skalski, Mike Jones, Tyler Davis, and Xavier Thomas.

Re: TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now

Dec 7, 2020, 6:51 PM
images.jpg(130.8 K)

If you are a college quarterback,on an undefeated team,that "beat the #1 Team"" -- what would you say ??? just asking for all my friends ??????? ******* -- If my Tigers whoop that aZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ in the upcoming game ___ all that talk will be put to bed -- just sayin'_____________________GO TIGERS !!!!

Dec 7, 2020, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now ]

Yeah, and everyone else during the game. Tyler V in the 4th and overtime. Pundits tend to forget we were down All American Foster and Ross. Then our other receivers were out or not 100. Plus as we later found out, couldn't run DJU.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now ]

On this one you are absolutely correct. To me, that was the deciding factor, not just TL being out (which also was huge).

Dec 7, 2020, 6:50 PM

I hope we smoke his *** this game. May the good Lord bless us with a healthy defense in two weeks. Barring no other setbacks, if Skalski and Davis are able to play the entire game, I think we win by two touchdowns. Outside of Book’s fumble heading into the end zone, everything went there way in Southbend. And we were still one smart offensive series away from sealing a W. I look for us to put them in their place and establish what we are truly made of. Go get em’ Tigers!

Dec 8, 2020, 7:43 AM

groomsrw said:

I hope we smoke his *** this game. May the good Lord bless us with a healthy defense in two weeks. Barring no other setbacks, if Skalski and Davis are able to play the entire game, I think we win by two touchdowns. Outside of Book’s fumble heading into the end zone, everything went there way in Southbend. And we were still one smart offensive series away from sealing a W. I look for us to put them in their place and establish what we are truly made of. Go get em’ Tigers!

I don’t see it as that way. ND had a fourth and goal touchdown from the one turn into a field goal after a false start, then dropped a td at the goal the next drive on third down, fumbled into the end zone, had a receiver smothered in the end zone on third down the drive right after that we believe, and had a pass interference call picked up with no explanation on 3rd and long before a failed fourth down attempt. I think that all of those are a wash with the ten points from back to back fumbles.

That being said, I believe one of the biggest reasons gongs Lawrence will be bring to this game is that he will be better at converting drives into touchdowns from the ten yard line than DJU was (not a knock on the freshmen who threw for 440 yards or whatever and was injured). I also think Venables is very good at making halftime adjustments and he has had 6 weeks of halftime to make adjustments. Could definitely see a Clemson win by 14-17 points this time around, just don’t it was as one sided with the bounces last time around as everyone thinks.

Will root for Clemson to beat Bama/Ohio State, as I did the past two seasons, if ND gets knocked out. Good luck!

Dec 7, 2020, 7:12 PM

Book is correct Trevor does not play defense but we will have some defensive players back that did not play in the first game. It will be very, very hard for Trevor to have a better game than DJ did against the Irish except maybe being a bigger run treat. The game will depend on which O-line can win the line of scrimmage.

Dec 7, 2020, 7:21 PM

A lot of talk coming from Kelly and Book it seems...

Clearly they are playing the psychological game of being disrespected...which is fine but sometimes better left in the locker room -

I could care less about the ACC ...this season or any season....it means nothing to to me to have two ACC times in the CFP..

ND is capable of beating us ...but I really hope we beat them by about 30 and send them tumbling out of the CFP...

Cute remark about - what he does better than Trevor .... “Win”... interesting as Trevor lit ND up as a true freshman and has exactly one loss in college...to a team far superior to ND..

Agreed . . . but there's one more critical thing . . .

Dec 7, 2020, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Book hopes to 'quiet' critics of win over Clemson facing Trevor Lawrence now ]

Tony Elliot needs to step his game up. Lately he's become a bit Rob Spence-ish at times . . . relying on vanilla stuff over and over, going to the well way to many times, when it isn't working. I know some in the profession try to nobly cast this as "staying the course" or "persevering" or whatever, but it takes some wisdom to understand when perseverance morphs into stubbornness and a lack of imagination. Notre Dame is GOOD up front. We can't waste so many downs like we normally do w/ the vanilla running game when it isn't productive. And for goodness sake, please don't throw short of the sticks on 3rd and moderate. So frustrating.

Re: Agreed . . . but there's one more critical thing . . .

Dec 7, 2020, 8:04 PM

I agree 100%. TE and the rest of the coaches and players need to go into this one with their hair on fire. None of this 30 minutes of really great play and 30 minutes of mediocrity. They must realize this is a formula for disaster against top ranked opponents. And so, as always......GooooooooooTigers!!!!!!!

Dec 7, 2020, 8:18 PM

Please ditch the bubble and tunnel screens.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say ditch them . . .

Dec 7, 2020, 11:02 PM

just don't use them so often - don't rely on them so much. Sprinkle them here and there.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Agreed . . . but there's one more critical thing . . . ]

You can bet a corner is gonna pin his ears back looking for that on the first play or two... Like we did with Tua...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Agreed . . . but there's one more critical thing . . . ]

Thought the same thing! We are throwing screens to small receivers with small receivers blocking for them on the perimeter! Every first series seems to start out that way.

Book seems to be delivering a motivational sermon ...

Dec 7, 2020, 9:24 PM

For BV and the Tigers ... are you kidding me? Notre Dame may be strong on the O-line, but methinks Book has jumped the shark with his self-promotion. Time to bet the Tigers!

Let's hope the Angry Tigers show up for ND!***

Dec 8, 2020, 1:43 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 8, 2020, 4:24 AM

Gee thanks for the bulletin board material...da...

Dec 8, 2020, 7:49 AM

It’s hard to beat the same team twice, at least when they are top level like this. It almost plays into our favor having a bit of a revenge factor on our side.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:42 AM

Smack Smack Smack Smack........Smack Smack Smack Smack...

Why do they even have to print stories like this? What do

Dec 8, 2020, 8:52 AM

they expect him to say?

"Yeah, I know we are doomed this time around, since Trevor is playing. Oh, Well, it was fun while it lasted?"

Dec 8, 2020, 11:26 PM

Brent Venables says not so fast young man, you faced my D with bullets taken out the clip. Let's see where your eyes are looking and seeing with a fully loaded magazine!!! Go BV, a couple of black eyes would be fitting to close that Book!!!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic