Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill"

Jun 21, 2018, 7:01 AM

Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill"

Home football games in Death Valley are better when The Hill is packed to capacity and a little bit rowdy, and the Board of Trustees wants to make sure the slope doesn’t have any green patches on game day. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad to hear it. ******

Jun 21, 2018, 7:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto: Glad to hear it. *********

Jun 22, 2018, 1:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill"

Jun 21, 2018, 7:10 AM

:) :) :) :) :)

Jun 21, 2018, 7:33 AM

Interesting that the picture they use was taken prior to the team running down the hill. Security does not let students to the other side until they run down the hill. Unless you got there super early. Now I'm not saying that the hill didn't have an attendance problem because I think it does. I would just like to see a picture that represents the situation better.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Different Entry Options

Jun 21, 2018, 8:38 AM

He did mention "different entry options." Hopefully they are thinking about letting in some students to the hill from a gate on the other side so that it can fill equally.

You can say "well the students should just get there earlier," and while true, that probably wont change for some of these games. As long as the hill gets full and stays full I don't care if the students don't show up until just before kickoff.

Re: Different Entry Options

Jun 21, 2018, 10:52 PM

And the tickets should be absolutely FREE for any Clemson student that wants to get in on the Hill action. I don't know about now bc I haven't been able for stadium games for more than several years now but, when I was making it for no less than 3-4 games a season, the Hill was a party hardy patch of real estate right there at the end zone wall to wall filled to the top of the with a rowdy crowd of Clemson students parting their AS$ES off. Some times you could see what I always called perverted older men making their way on the hill with all those students trying to score with someones baby girl I thought!!! I always hoped that they left with an empty wallet and a dry twig... But bringing back a packed hill will be a good thing for Clemson student wanting to have a blast on game day, and most of the time, they are the ones that started the Clemson cheers!!! I hope that what ever their plans are, that they bring the hill back from the past....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They block off the area around the hill way too early.

Jun 21, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill" ]

They really don’t need to block that area off until the team loads up. Simple fix for the main problem...

Agree

Jun 21, 2018, 8:42 AM

And they should allow it to be general admission again too. I always enjoyed going down there every now and then.

Re: Agree

Jun 21, 2018, 11:45 AM

I agree. Green grass general admission tickets were great!!??

Re: Agree

Jun 21, 2018, 1:38 PM

Yep. Section GG tickets were a hot commodity when I was a student!!!

Bingo***

Jun 21, 2018, 5:13 PM [ in reply to They block off the area around the hill way too early. ]

Who selected that picture though? Probably Tigernet to

Jun 21, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill" ]

use with the article. I doubt that specific picture had anything to do with the discussions between the BOT and DRad.

Hence the discussion around changes...***

Jun 21, 2018, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill" ]

If it's attendance problems, that's odd

Jun 21, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill" ]

Seems more like it's a new policy of keeping people out of there. I never found it difficult to get on either side of the hill before games when I went, and it wasn't all that long ago and the team wasn't nearly as good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 7:36 AM

Line em up at the gate and let em in!!! 1st served Faceanf body paint gets you to the head of the line.
KISS Keep it Simple stupid

Jun 21, 2018, 8:44 AM

Absolutely fill the Hill!

We've been filling the Hill for a long time...

Jun 21, 2018, 10:11 AM

So why did this just become a problem in the last year or so? Maybe instead of trying to find a new ticketing system and new ways of corralling students to the Hill - we just go back to the way things were before this problem cropped up. Some things the athletic department just shouldn't have messed with - ticketing and entrance requirements to the Hill being one of them...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've been filling the Hill for a long time...

Jun 21, 2018, 10:14 AM

I love the hill. How about a value price. I'd seat on the hill every game for a $20 ticket.

Jun 21, 2018, 10:39 AM

No, that takes away from the "student section" appeal. Not that it's strictly students, but predominately it is.

Jun 21, 2018, 1:41 PM

I agree. Students on the hill. Part of the whole Clemson student experience. No need to cut off entry to the other side until the busses start to roll. Then open it again as soon as the team runs down the hill. Worked for MANY years!!!!

Exactly

Jun 21, 2018, 12:15 PM [ in reply to We've been filling the Hill for a long time... ]

What worked before should work now!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 11:35 AM

Kids/college students/whoever - only truly appreciate what they've worked hard for.

Back in the day, students used to have to wait in the line before the game to hope that there were tickets left. When clemson sucked, the hill was still packed.

Now - combine Clemson's policy on leaving and re-entering at halftime, the debacle of the fire-marshall b*tching about the entry points and the fact that the students are given tickets for free and BOOM; you have a student body that no longer feels the need to attend something that is freely given away....

All people tend to like one thing unanimously: being special and receiving entry into events that most others don't have access to.

The Hill seating: start charging the students for access to it. If they don't want to pay, sell them online - trust me - they'll go QUICK.

Either way - I sat next to the hill at every home game over the last 7 seasons and I concur - the students are just dumping it to go booze up after losing interest in the game.

Jun 21, 2018, 12:08 PM

There are some good suggestions here=I hope consideration is not fixed in concrete yet!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 1:24 PM

First come first served should help with the hill. But last year my daughter and her friends kept getting top deck seats. Take the students out of the stands and put them on the hill. You can't tell me that the security can't keep the middle of the hill open for the team to run down. And if the can't , we might need to hire someone that can.

Jun 21, 2018, 1:51 PM

1st come 1st serve sounds great to me. Everything is electronic now so once the threshold is met they just direct the rest of the students to top deck. That way every seat in lower deck is filled on game day. Will they have to show up early? Yes. But hey, that tells me the ones that show up in line on game day actually wan to be there. Instead of the drunk frat guy that got his ticket on Sunday and decided to get too hammered to go to the game. Also plans change. Some people may have something come up and cant go to the game. 1st come 1st serve (on game day)would eliminate empty seats.

Jun 22, 2018, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Board of Trustees to Radakovich: "Fill The Hill" ]

Just so you know security only does what they are told to do by the Clemson Athletic Department, they are told when to block off the hill, they dont just do it when they feel like it.Everything they try and do is what they are told to do by Clemson.They had nothing to do with the new gates last season, or the rules for sitting on the hill, it all comes from Clemson.

Millenials need free tickets and a spot on the hill reserved

Jun 21, 2018, 1:33 PM

so that they can show up for a quarter or so during big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey youse young “trying to get smarter thru education” Students!

Jun 21, 2018, 1:48 PM

Does FREE mean anything to You? It will later in life!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 2:19 PM

It used to be a general admission ticket, back before we were a preeminent program. I understand that with prominence comes exuberance and indeed impressive delusions of grandeur. It is wise of the BOT to remit lofty expectations to the AD so that we may get back to being the most exciting 25 seconds in college football...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see why it's so hard

Jun 21, 2018, 2:23 PM

We easily did this just a few years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.***

Jun 21, 2018, 5:17 PM

Crazy idea...........

Jun 21, 2018, 5:36 PM

just do it the same we we did for decades before D-Rad got here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crazy idea...........

Jun 21, 2018, 7:16 PM

TNet fas are a bit naïve. Most of us are old school that doesn't apply here. DRad is not to blame, and you knmow it. He has tried tirelessly to get it right, but the students solution didn't work. So, his attention from the board is fill em. Bless our trustees. Bless DRad for working it. Students must do their part, let's face it. I firmly believe this will be fixed Game 1 and the rest of the season. MHO.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 7:41 PM

Priority for ticket for those that go to sporting event s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Jun 21, 2018, 10:10 PM

It was probably like this, Dan it has been a Clemson tradition for many years that the hill was always packed with the radical student FB fans, and it has always been a good way to dish out free tickets for the students that want them and are going to use them. So DanO, lets make sure we don't see any bare patches on the Hill all of this FB season home games bc, if you can't get that done, just maybe we should find someone that can. So ole DanO goes to the student Prezz asking for help in ways to give those Hill Tickets away to Clemson only students, and high strung young men and women students preferred!!! ;)

"Completely free" LOL

Jun 22, 2018, 12:52 PM

nm

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic