Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Big week sees Clemson jump in NET ranking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Big week sees Clemson jump in NET ranking

Feb 18, 2020, 11:48 AM

Big week sees Clemson jump in NET ranking

Clemson men's basketball is back in the running for a postseason bid thanks to a pair of big wins last week. In the NCAA's NET ranking, 's group has moved up 21 Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Big week sees Clemson jump in NET ranking

Feb 18, 2020, 12:37 PM

One thing to track:

If VT wins like 1 game (and may even jump just by playing at Duke this week), they'll jump from their current position of 75.

This is the cutoff between Q2 and Q3 since we played them at home. It'll change our record to being 7-11 against Q1 and Q2 teams, but will eliminate one of our only 2 losses against Q3 teams. And that could be a nice boost, too. From not even having to play.

NET SHMET, UVa is going to lose 2nite

Feb 19, 2020, 10:29 AM

I say just win the ACCT and this whole NET thing goes out the window. Win out and do well in ACCT and your still in the NCAAT, as a "first four". Still a chance to catch UVa and be Top 4 seed in ACCT. UVa is going to lose 2nite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until our next embarrassing loss to a nobody

Feb 18, 2020, 10:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many embarrassing losses to nobodies have we had this year?***

Feb 18, 2020, 11:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

There have been several losses that a program in year 10

Feb 19, 2020, 1:09 AM

should be expected to win. A program in year 10 should not be 13-12. The reason why we are 13-12 in year 10 of the program are all directed at the leadership of the program. 2 NCAA appearances after 10 years is sign of a lack of success. If a football coach goes 10 years and only makes 2 major bowls and is struggling to make a bowl after 10 years, then there a clear trend. If that coach didn't make any bowl after 10 years, then he would be let go. After 10 years, it has nothing to do with the administration, or fan support, or facilities, bad luck, or whatever excuse that can be contrived. All of these alledged issues were present at an equal or greater degree when we saw higher levels of success under some previous programs. We have everything we need to succeed. I do know that we have two pretty good recruits coming in, but thats likely boosted by the sweet 16 run. We did not meet very reasonable expectations last year, and if we once again dont make the big tournament, then I think recruiting goes back to its 9 year norm.

So are you saying that there is a certain point at which

Feb 19, 2020, 11:04 AM

a program is not allowed to have an unexpected loss?

If so, what is that time frame? How many years into a coach's tenure does it no longer become allowable to lose games like that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: So are you saying that there is a certain point at which

Feb 19, 2020, 9:44 PM

I took it as saying there is a certain point at which a program is not allowed to be below average and continue.

Hopefully, that’s not the case. Hopefully, the program is turning the corner. Hopefully, this is the launching point to continued success. Hopefully, I win the lottery tonight.

Time will tell.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Injury -plagued year , Trapp & others

Feb 19, 2020, 2:10 AM

Injured much of year. Clyde has finally rounded into shape as has that freshman 3 pt. shooter, whose shooting has been contagious for starters according to T.O., who is excellent analyst.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NET SHMET, UVa is going to lose 2nite

Feb 19, 2020, 10:32 AM

I say just win the ACCT and this whole NET thing goes out the window. Win out and do well in ACCT and your still in the NCAAT, as a "first four". Still a chance to catch UVa and be Top 4 seed in ACCT. UVa is going to lose 2nite.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Big week sees Clemson jump in NET ranking

Feb 19, 2020, 3:00 PM

Take care of business and get back to LittleJohn 15-12 and beat FSU and get to 16-12... With the 3 top wins after a win vs FSU, Clemson should have a NET in the top 50. I'd say the most possible Path for us is winning the 2/3 of the road games, beating FSU and GT at home to finish 17-13. We would obviously need to win 1 in the tournament to get our name in the conversation... One thing people don't consider, a qtr final win will be at worst a top 15 win, that would give Clemson a 19-13 record if they fall in the semis, meaning Clemson would have 4 top 15 wins and a whole lot of good wins... 19-13 with those wins= in the dance.

Winning out and winning 2= automatic. 20 wins and 4 top 15 wins will get you in the tournament.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic