Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Advanced outlook: Playoff scenarios after 1st ranking, Clemson-NC State projections
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

TNET: Advanced outlook: Playoff scenarios after 1st ranking, Clemson-NC State projections

Nov 6, 2019, 11:35 AM

Advanced outlook: Playoff scenarios after 1st ranking, Clemson-NC State projections

Clemson looks to be only the second team to start outside College Football Playoff committee's top-four and win the national title. First, they have to crack th Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what i read into those "playoff chances"

Nov 6, 2019, 1:47 PM

. . . with that 1% drop in our chances, from 83% to 82%, is that their algorithm now figures that we have a 1-in-6 chance of not winning out & a 1-in-100 chance of getting left out of the CFP as an undefeated conference champion.

Re: TNET: Advanced outlook: Playoff scenarios after 1st ranking, Clemson-NC State projections

Nov 6, 2019, 4:13 PM

To really parse what the 538 algorithm tells us, you have to look at which teams really control their destiny. I put Baylor and Minnesota on the bottom because neither has a legit chance of winning out.

These are the teams who "we win, we in". One each from the Big Ten, SEC and then Clemson.
Clemson_____68%___>99%
Ohio_State___47%___>99%
Alabama_____27%___>99%
LSU________17%____>99%
Georgia______14%___>99%
Penn_State___13%___>99%

Now is where it gets interesting.
Oklahoma____26%____86%
Oregon______44%____74%
Utah________32%____70%

Oklahoma is really ahead of Oregon and Utah despite being behind both on them in the current CFP poll.

Last and least are Baylor and Minnesota.
Baylor________6%____96%
Minnesota_____2%____98%

Baylor's 8-0 will likely end up 8-4 or 9-3. They are about to get steamrolled. Same for Minnesota both they actually have a legit shot to finish and 11-1 or 10-2.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic