Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Venables says Miami offense will "put you in conflict"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,725

TNET: Venables says Miami offense will "put you in conflict"

Oct 6, 2020, 8:01 AM

Venables says Miami offense will "put you in conflict"

Defensive coordinator Brent Venables knows the Miami Hurricanes and quarterback D’Eriq King present the biggest challenge to date for his defense. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Venables says Miami offense will "put you in conflict"

Oct 6, 2020, 8:19 AM

It looks like we will need to score a lot of points.

Oct 6, 2020, 10:05 AM

Venables likes conflict. In fact he loves conflict. He will have an answer. If you have watched our first 3 games you won’t recognize the defense he puts on the field this week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 10:27 AM

You are right - Venables always has the answer (other than LSU); but it will still be good if we score a lot of points.

Oct 6, 2020, 10:57 AM

He did keep LSU 95% in check... (end of the 2nd is the missing 5%) however our 3 and outs on offense is what doomed us. LSU was running up 50+ points on folks. We should have been able to score 44 points... but oh well.

Neither the Offense or Defense

Oct 6, 2020, 1:28 PM

Has looked precise or adjusted to what the opponent is doing it's almost like we are not totally sure on who to play as the starters or backups I will take the first three games as practices or scrimmages since that was basically taken away cause of the covid-19. But we gotta play a lot more focused and have better adjustments to counter Miami I think they are solid but not elite by no means. we are gonna still win the game but the point spread, we win by is gonna be decided on us playing like the way more talented and better coached team.

Re: Neither the Offense or Defense

Oct 6, 2020, 1:32 PM

Honest question (not trying to give you a hard time):

What are these "scrimmages" that were lost to COVID?

I hear this from everywhere, not just you, and I have no idea what it means.

College football never has any different preseason practices than what they had this season in terms of scrimmages.

Is everyone talking about missing the spring games having such a huge impact?

I get that the NFL missed the preseason and that could have a huge effect, but college football actually had MORE weeks of practice and in-team scrimmages than normal.

Oct 6, 2020, 4:03 PM

The Miami QB started ahead of Florida Gator QB Kyle Trask on their high school team. They both could fling it, but the difference was King can fly. He's much faster than Virginia's QB who ran for 89 against us last week. He's much, much quicker than Brennan Armstrong, so that could be a problem unless Venables gets him under control. He's a blur.
I saw him in high school and at Houston and he is impressive as a runner. I'm betting Venables plays him a lot differently and I've got faith in the man.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,725
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic