Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence says the intramural basketball incident shows the world is watching
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence says the intramural basketball incident shows the world is watching

Mar 5, 2019, 9:55 AM

Trevor Lawrence says the intramural basketball incident shows the world is watching

On January 7, Trevor Lawrence took the sports world by storm with his dazzling play on college football’s biggest stage, but the tall, longhaired freshman just wants to enjoy being a college student and improve his craft. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a 19 year old..i'm not sure it would have went well for

Mar 5, 2019, 10:11 AM

me to be in the spotlight every single effing day and every hour of my life. You have two options really. Become really outgoing and embrace it or become a complete jerk in order to have people leave you alone. Now i know why Micheal Jordan is known as a complete jerk. He had to in order to have some bit of sanity left. While you will get paid royally for putting up with it, its gotta really suck to always have to be "on" all the time. I couldn't do it.

Mature well beyond his years.

Mar 5, 2019, 10:19 AM

Kudos to him and his parents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Mature well beyond his years.

Mar 5, 2019, 2:57 PM

You took the words right out of my mouth. He's so right about enjoying the college experience. That's why so many of us are here chatting about Clemson football. No matter what you go on to do in life, your college is like a cornerstone that you always feel connected to.

I really like the last part of your post Tim ..,,

Mar 5, 2019, 7:02 PM

.... “. ...., your college is like a cornerstone that you always feel connected to.” -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: Mature well beyond his years.

Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Mature well beyond his years. ]

Yes, agree 110% that Trevor Lawrence is mature way beyond his 19 years. And the comment about college being a cornerstone....just think how you feel, if you are away from Clemson for 5-10 years, coming back onto the campus. It is a restart. A chance to think back. And be really proud of the institution from which (hopefully) you've got a Sheepskin. Great comment Tim317

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence says the intramural basketball incident shows the world is watching

Mar 5, 2019, 10:19 AM

;)

it has to be hard dealing with that kind of attention

Mar 5, 2019, 10:38 AM

at all times.

Interesting at the end of the article how detailed he is. Sounds like his hero P. Manning. He wants to know everything that everyone is doing and change the plays as needed. I think we could set some offensive records the next few years the likes of which we may never see again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it has to be hard dealing with that kind of attention

Mar 5, 2019, 5:55 PM

Absolutely love that mentality!!!

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence says the intramural basketball incident shows the world is watching

Mar 5, 2019, 10:46 AM

Not sure why this still has to come up on a Clemson website. I’ve refrained from posting about it as it was always my opinion that it was a non story. If other media wanted to talk and publicize it , nothing we can do but as Tiger fans we should just ignore it... other than to laugh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would the incident have been noticed

Mar 5, 2019, 12:21 PM

if they were playing intramural hockey?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 1:21 PM

Trevor talks about football and life in a better manner than most of the college football coaches in the country. Really, he comes across as some zen master of a football philosophy and mindset that is, well, PERFECT. At a minimum his Football IQ is 175 and his football GPA is 4.0. He sounds like he's ready for his PH.D oral exams in the psychology of big time college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 3:28 PM

Well stated Harley - he is the top college QB in the game. It would be interesting to see what Streeter, Scott, Elliott and Dabo want to see improved. Possibly consistency with short game and reading defenses ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence says the intramural basketball incident shows the world is watching ]

Agree completely!

Trevor Lawrence says the basketball incident shows the world

Mar 5, 2019, 1:46 PM

needs to keep their phones in their pockets and let him be himself. I got knocked down a lot playing in Fike as a freshman. Got up, put my glasses back on, and run down the court.

Treat him like anyone else. He'd appreciate it, I'm sure.

If shoving a guy playing roundball is the worst thing...

Mar 5, 2019, 2:30 PM

this kid ever does, then count your blessings!

He did more "shoving" against that 'vaunted' Bama D.....***

Mar 5, 2019, 8:57 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 4:31 PM

All the football gurus keep saying that he's gone in 2 more years. I've heard Trevor say at least twice that he's going to be here for 4 years. Anyone have any information or insight on this? Thanks

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic