Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play

Sep 16, 2018, 8:01 AM

Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play

With every passing practice, game and week Trevor Lawrence is gaining more confidence, so when his number was called to manage and win the game Saturday, he didn’t hesitate. Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play

Sep 16, 2018, 9:10 AM

The offense looks different with this cat in there. Is he perfect at this point? NO, but that is the growing pains we will have while he gets a better field for the college game. Right now he is a lot better than most qb. He can hit the receivers most of the time in the chest or where they can make a play. This really opens up the running game. Guys, as Dabo said, the best is yet to come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 4:03 PM

His ball comes out quicker and he is just getting his feet under him. Special, special player. Chase is special also. Looks great for the future.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:25 AM

The best thing about TL to me is his willingness to buy time in the pocket to let longer plays develop.

The passes over the middle to Ross, Renfrow, and Richards yesterday were beautiful and have been missing from the offense since DW.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:28 AM

Coach Scott. "I think..." Comment has me scratching my head. How can you NOT know which quarterback is actually making those throws.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 10:23 PM

With Scott the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.......

Sep 16, 2018, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

He also hands the ball off too. They need to let different guys stay in the game longer and get use to each other. I know it shouldn’t matter, but it does. ETN needs more carries. Just let those guys run. Don’t give em a hole!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

But when Jeff makes a statement like TL is getting better just like KB, those words are just laughable when he says things like that. Does he really believe that fans that has loved the college game as much as Clemson fans do, that we can't see the difference in the two. With KB's experience and TL talent, just imagine how good we would be at the QB position. We would be totally unbeatable with the D that we have, and the A&M game wouldn't have never been as close at the end of the game as it was!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 6:07 PM

I think you make a great point.. I think if KB could throw the ball as accurately as TL he would be the best QB in college football. I know a lot of folks don't think being able to run is valuable for a Clemson QB but I would have to disagree with that mindset. Clemson has always had a running QB. Maybe they will change their offense with TL...

Sep 16, 2018, 9:31 AM

Yet another time when our coaches can’t say something good about Trevor without mentioning something good about Kelly Bryant in the same breathe

exactly..dabo also blamed the wr

Sep 16, 2018, 11:28 AM

for bryants int when bryant didnt put enough on the ball allowing the db to jump it...but with lawrence its always "he missed some throws"

Sep 16, 2018, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

Exactly!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 9:43 AM

How about Chase Brice! I know he was on "clean-up" duty, but he still led them to a TD. Great job!

Sep 16, 2018, 9:49 AM

First post! You’ve been around for a while.

Sep 16, 2018, 9:50 AM

No question he can be a great talent. But lay off the koolaid for a bit. He is a guy coming in at 6-6 but with a throwing motion that wastes his height advantage. It can and will be fixed, but look at it -- go to the tape as they say -- and the kid is slinging it from chest and shoulder level. He has to learn to throw from over the top and take full advantage of that 6-6. The int looked to be the result of a a low release. It has to get better, soon.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:13 AM

Gridfan said:

No question he can be a great talent. But lay off the koolaid for a bit. He is a guy coming in at 6-6 but with a throwing motion that wastes his height advantage. It can and will be fixed, but look at it -- go to the tape as they say -- and the kid is slinging it from chest and shoulder level. He has to learn to throw from over the top and take full advantage of that 6-6. The int looked to be the result of a a low release. It has to get better, soon.

Hmmm, so the same guy that multiple professional qb coaches and at least one former NFL QB said have raved about as having a great throwing motion and being NFL ready from that standpoint and arm ability needs his throwing motion fixed?

TL will only get better________

Sep 16, 2018, 10:28 AM
CU.jpg(91.0 K)

and better, as he gains the live game experience -- more playing time will evolve as season goes on.Like we all have heard ""The Best Is Yet To Come"" ___ league play begins with Ga.Tech this week -- hoping for the division championship -- then on to better things !!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!

Sep 17, 2018, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

In a word, yes. Make sure you compare it this week with the end of the year. You will see a huge difference. (And don't expect a coach to recruit a kid and then say he has a lousing motion.)

Sep 16, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

I was a pretty good pitcher back in the day and a coach made me change my delivery fro 3/4 to over the top and it was the worst decision I could have made. He is what he is and I would hesitate to change his throwing style.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 11:32 AM

Exactly. I love that his motion is quick release and looks like a missle coming out of his hand. Don’t want to change that at all

Sep 16, 2018, 9:06 PM

jch81 said:

Exactly. I love that his motion is quick release and looks like a missle coming out of his hand. Don’t want to change that at all

I agree, look at Tebow after they got him to change (NFL)

Sep 17, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

Go back and look at Dan Marino's motion, or Phillip Rivers. Compact, but get the ball out quickly, with velocity.

Just coming over the top does not make it a better motion. Plenty of QB's have failed with that motion. Mostly due to an elongated time between making the decision to throw, and releasing it.

The one thing that we'll see from TL as he gets more comfortable, is his touch. Watched a few of his HS games, and was impressed with the number of different throws he would make.

With either QB we need to see a greater willingness to stretch the field. The bubble screens should be occasional, not a staple. When Georgia Southern is jumping those routes, you know it's become too predictable.

The Only Way to Beat Bama

Sep 16, 2018, 11:02 AM

Get TL ready to do his magic. We'll be a whole new team.

Sep 16, 2018, 11:47 AM

I got a text this morning from a friend of mine that went to the game. He is more of an NFL fan and doesn't follow college at all. His text first thing this morning:

"Number 16 (freshman) is the best QB right now and he is the future. Sooo Why isn't he the starter and full time QB?"

He went on to say that Bryant throws the ball to his first read only no matter if someone is sitting on that route and in position to intercept it. That you could see Lawrence going through his reads and making the correct decisions.

I just thought this was pretty telling coming from someone that has absolutely NO bias or really care about the team. It's pretty much a complete 3rd party view of the situation based off watching the game in person yesterday.

Sep 16, 2018, 12:57 PM

True that. That’s all I’ve got.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Trevor Lawrence looking more comfortable with each play ]

Did he watch the game last week against a real team?

Sep 16, 2018, 12:54 PM

I would like to see him look off the primary receiver a bit more.

Sep 16, 2018, 10:37 PM

Like on the post to Ross, who was his third option?

To me, the difference with him in the game was crystal clear

Sep 17, 2018, 9:55 AM

The GSU defense loosened up, the predictability of our offense vanished, and we moved the ball with ease.

Whether it is KB's fault or the coaches' fault, I dunno, but when KB is in the game the opposing defense cheats up on the run, presses on the edges, and stops our offense. How else do you get intercepted WR screens?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic