Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers punch Louisville, possible ticket to NCAA Tourney as Clark pitches gem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers punch Louisville, possible ticket to NCAA Tourney as Clark pitches gem

May 23, 2019, 1:46 PM

Tigers punch Louisville, possible ticket to NCAA Tourney as Clark pitches gem

Heading into Thursday’s contest against top-seeded Louisville, Clemson needed a win to enhance its NCAA Tournament resume, a big performance on the mound, and clutch hits with runners in scoring position. Check, check, and check. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers punch Louisville, possible ticket to NCAA Tourney as Clark pitches gem

May 23, 2019, 2:49 PM

Great job today, Clark came up big in must win game and great to get 7 runs of support. Congrats guys!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers punch Louisville, possible ticket to NCAA Tourney as Clark pitches gem

May 23, 2019, 3:01 PM

The Best is Yet to Come!!!!! Clemson’s best complete game of the year. Way to go men. They grew up as a team today!

What can you say about Mat. Brought tears to my eyes. I hope they gave him a champagne bath and saved a game ball for him. Love me some Tiger baseball !!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just got home from helping some Credenz Soybeans . . .

May 23, 2019, 8:16 PM

find their homes.

The mood has changed here on tnet . . . I'm fast finding out why . . .

Hate I missed it but so grateful this game happened to our guys!!!

This team is too talented to not find their way . . . at least occasionally!

So proud of our Tigers . . . never quit dammmit!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just got home from helping some Credenz Soybeans . . .

May 23, 2019, 8:36 PM

If you can find a copy, please watch it. You of all the people I know would utterly love watching this gem of a game. What a play by Jordan Greene to save at that time a no hitter. Radio was as giddy as I was after “Clark’s now sat down 21 in a row “....

At that point, it was no longer whether we would win or not but we were watching history unfold. Never been a perfect game in the ACC tournament....

Words can’t express how happy and tearful I am for Mat. Definitely will go down in Clemson lore. Probably good I wasn’t there, I might have run out onto the field and kissed him. It wasn’t professional sports.... just a young kid living a dream. Pure amateur sports moment.

All the fans of all the teams were cheering him on!!!!!!! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching it anew would be worth it just to watch Matt's

May 23, 2019, 10:23 PM

ability to locate pitches . . . to see how he kept a great hitting team off balance

Did ESPN carry our game today? Our first game was blacked out in my area!

Maybe he'll get another chance in a Regional somewhere . . . anywhere . . . about time for Sharpe to regroup and throw a gem too!!! Yes, I'm hoping they get invited to join the party . . . never quit dammmit!!!

(I was in the midst of sharing a poster's comment from yesterday that's been bothering me since I read it . . . and my tnet had a hiccup and the content was lost . . . I took it as a gentle nudge not to share it at this time . . . maybe one day)

Thanks for pulling them through!!!!!!!
That's why we love this game and embrace all who play it . . . especially our Tigers!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 3:09 PM

A couple of years ago I remember being really annoyed that my son's baseball team got shut out for 6 inning by Matt Clark. He had a no hitter through 6 innings and my son grounded out to 1st and flied out to left CF.

His pitches have a lot of movement.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 3:30 PM

Old style. Doesn’t throw hard but he proves you don’t have to...

Those of you that were there- savor it. You’re not going to see that in college baseball too many times in our lifetime. I know I’ll never forget it. Stomach was in knots watching history unfold.

May 23, 2019, 5:18 PM

That's exactly how I remember him.

He's not that big and he doesn't blow it past you, but he doesn't need to. The kid is a baller and I'm happy to see him doing well.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 23, 2019, 4:03 PM

Clark reminded me of Greg Maddux today and the D made some sweet plays behind him. Awesome game.

May 23, 2019, 4:48 PM

Great win, congrats Tigers!

May 23, 2019, 5:09 PM

Clark looked like the College Version of Tom Glavine today !
Congrats to Him and the Tiger Team !

May 23, 2019, 11:27 PM

Thank you ??!! Wish I was there. Nevertheless, what are some email or text list I could join to be notified once it’s disclosed where we will be for the NCAA tournament?

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic