Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers have one goal in New Orleans: No one 'gives a hoot' about Bourbon Street
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

TNET: Tigers have one goal in New Orleans: No one 'gives a hoot' about Bourbon Street

Jan 7, 2020, 8:01 AM

Tigers have one goal in New Orleans: No one 'gives a hoot' about Bourbon Street

The last time Clemson visited New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl, Tiger players were frequent visitors to Bourbon Street and Café du Monde and the sights and sounds of New Orleans around the new year. When the game arrived, Alabama looked like the more focused team and walked out of the Superdome with a victory. (Photo: Stephen Lew / USATODAY) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers have one goal in New Orleans: No one 'gives a hoot' about Bourbon Street

Jan 7, 2020, 8:09 AM

Focus. Hopefully a better schdule this time around to keep everyone focused.

Never been a big fan of this story line.....

Jan 7, 2020, 8:17 AM

It seems every time we lose a bowl game, the post mortem includes a "we had too good of a time last time" excuse. I distinctly remember if after being boat raced by Syracuse in 96. I certainly recall it after 70-33 and now the Bama game in NOLA. I find it hard to believe a Dabo coached team (certainly after West Virginia) would be in a position to have it happen again. We have the best program in America right now, with arguably the best Coach as well. I cannot imagine his team not being ready and I would be disappointed to think they had a lack of focus in a national semifinal....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never been a big fan of this story line.....

Jan 7, 2020, 9:11 AM

THAT definitley WAS the case against WVU. I watched those guys spend all day in the sun on jetskis in the ocean. You know how beat up they were from that beforew they even played the game. Jet skis in the ocean is no joke. Puts me out for 2 weeks. They played way too hard before that game and got whooped bad. Business this time All business

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed . . . That narrative is

Jan 7, 2020, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Never been a big fan of this story line..... ]

. . . like clockwork. And I bet if you went back and looked around at news from before that game, you could find a decent number of references to how dialed in the team was.

Well, I'm afraid we lost because

Jan 7, 2020, 8:30 AM

Alabama didn't respect our QB's passing game. They stacked the box daring KB to throw. We had some success when he could throw the ball down field. But he was running for his life.

I think Alabama's D peaked in '16 when DW beat them. The '17 D was almost as good, but our offense was almost one-dimensional. We made it easier for them. Last year's Bama D was not as good as the previous, especially in the secondary, as we exploited greatly.

Re: Well, I'm afraid we lost because

Jan 7, 2020, 8:55 AM

A few things beyond a good time, is what happened last time in Nola. We were already without G. Williams, ETN was a freshman trying to block, which was a bigger deal without Williams and when Tee went down, on a play that should have been called pass interference, in the Endzone, that forced us to call Cain our 9 man, not a good combination versus a revenge minded Bama. I hear that we were not as focused and you could see our guys fighting, despite our not being 100%. Basically, we were not good enough to overcome calls like the one not called when Tee got hurt or the touchdown before (Bama's defensive player were blocking on a pass in the endzone - TD should have been removed and Bama backed up) Cain drops the slant and it gets picked. That is 15 point, at a minimum.

Re: Well, I'm afraid we lost because

Jan 7, 2020, 11:42 AM

Alabama double covered Hunter Renfrew on third downs...... Raiders opponents may have to do that next year! :)

exactly...

Jan 7, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Well, I'm afraid we lost because ]

I pretty much knew we wouldn’t win when we faced a n elite defense because Bryant couldn’t complete a downfield pass. I’m not knocking the young man, but Bryant was always looking to run first. I don’t think he could take a hit.

It was obvious we were not an elite team with him at QB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: exactly...

Jan 7, 2020, 9:53 AM

Hate to say it, but he was not a good QB for a team that needed to pass the ball downfield. Our OL certainly was not good enough to open holes for run lanes, nor to provide any kind of pass protection. Couple that with Bryant’s inability to complete passes downfield , and it was a disaster waiting to happen. We have a great chance in this game! Our IL is much better, and we now have great passing and running games. Hope we can just stifle LSU’s Offense some to give us a lead and get them to start pressing. It should be a war!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to exactly... ]

He also was hesitant to put the ball up and trust his receivers a lot of times. He did not have the seasoned MW type. Tee was getting there and very well could have exploded that night, had he not gotten hurt on the play in the endzone.

Jan 7, 2020, 11:40 PM

Yep - said it in real time. PO'ed some folks but regrettably was dead on. I like our chances this year but expect a fight with some surprises from both teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers have one goal in New Orleans: No one 'gives a hoot' about Bourbon Street

Jan 7, 2020, 8:31 AM

Here’s to hoping those LSU boys yuck it up hard on bourbon street. Are guys seem laser focused.

Jan 7, 2020, 8:32 AM

That would be “our” guys. Stupid talk to text.....

Jan 7, 2020, 9:10 AM

The difference in a bowl game and the championship game. They won’t spend a solid week in NO and don’t have to do all those events. This week is more like an away game with more media.

Jan 7, 2020, 9:45 AM

Focus definitely won't be a problem for either team.

No excuses.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:41 AM

Bama in 17 exposed us like VT did in 06. If you can’t pass the ball 15 yds + downfield, the box will be loaded and it’s game over.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:52 AM

Focus, yes. Just not too tight - it can be over done. I trust Dabo and crew to keep it in perspective and help set the tone.

I like the looks of this list:
2016 - Clem
2017 - Bama
2018 - Clem
2019 - Clem

Jan 7, 2020, 10:55 AM

Love hearing the focus of this team. Now Finish It!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 11:47 AM

Glad to see the upperclassmen learned from the last time. Bama was definitely more businesslike, especially the way their D overwhelmed our Oline & KB plus our WR's uncharacteristically dropped some passes. Our Defense actually played well as I remember.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This game will come down to

Jan 7, 2020, 1:22 PM

Who has the best 11 on the field on offense and the best 11 on defense. It's simply Man on Man. Who is better. Who is smarter. Who is more dialed in. Who leaves it all on the field. Who has no regrets. Mano a Mano. Lets go CLEMSON. Spot the D**n ball.

Jan 7, 2020, 2:12 PM

This is a Bidnezz trip with a capital B

Jan 7, 2020, 2:19 PM

I'M A South Carolina country boy and didn't quite get Bourbon St.

Jan 7, 2020, 5:00 PM

We stagger on but never fall.

We sober up wood alcohol.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic