Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,175

TNET: Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record

Nov 30, 2018, 7:01 AM

Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record

A little after 5 pm Friday afternoon, No. 2 Clemson will take the team buses to Bank of America Stadium and do a pre-ACC Championship Game walk-through. Saturday, the Tigers will be chasing history. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record

Nov 30, 2018, 7:05 AM

I love the Tigers....but saying the ACC is a tough Conference...well this year it really isn't. Previous years it has been, but now, not so much.

Nov 30, 2018, 7:47 AM

Coaches talk. In this case, just an intelligent senior leader.
Though I agree with your post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record ]

Tell that to Miami... they were dominating people before joining the "7-5" Coastal.

The ACC is down this year, mostly because it seems they can't stop from beating themselves. I also think the Coastal had a suicide pact. To avoid playing us, they drew straws and Pitt lost to they colluded to all have a mediocre season and feed new bodies into the ACCCG woodchipper.

Think of the last few "Coastal" Champs we played. All have fallen off a cliff after losing in Charlotte. Not only do we beat a team in the game, but we can beat then following seasons. UNCheat is 13-23 since their whoopin'

Nov 30, 2018, 10:04 AM

I love this!

Nov 30, 2018, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record ]

Yeah but look at Duke that beat Northwestern pretty good and NW is the division champ. You look at who played who and this year really doesn't allow the ACC to demonstrate how good it is. #1 Bama played a terrible Louisville, #3 in SEC Kentucky played Terrible with no coach Louisville, LSU played a terrible Miami, #4 UGA played a down GT, then only average Pitt played #3 ND and at time like #7 Penn St and held them close. I can keep going like VT playing ND and scoring some points, heck WF scored 31 on ND.

That said, it seems like when the ACC went out of conference they were playing Top 10, Top 5 teams, and that doesn't bode well for results. I agree the ACC is down but I think the league is well above average but the parity and the ACC beating each other up makes for what seems to be even worse than it is. Obviously with FSU being terrible with Miami and VT having a down year, it really brings the conference down especially visually. But I think several ACC could hold their own amongst top 25 teams or even upper teams from BIG 12/Ten and Pac 12.

I hoped that Coots drew like BC or NCSt or Duke in Bowl game and got handed a big "L". Unfortunately if Jakey duplicates his best game ever play like the Clemson game, I think they beat a Duke or BC.

Nov 30, 2018, 8:46 PM

You may have some points, but Pitt did NOT hold PSU close, and besides losing to Duke, Northwestern also lost at home to Akron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky Johnson

Nov 30, 2018, 7:11 AM

Not one mention of the playoffs by the players....love the focus. Pitt is in BIG trouble tomorrow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did Chad Diehl play in 57 games?

Nov 30, 2018, 8:06 AM

Pretty sure the Tigers never had a 15-game season until 2015 (first year they played in CFP championship), and last time I checked, 4 seasons X 14 games/season = 56 games. Did he have a medical redshirt?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep

Nov 30, 2018, 9:26 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/player/Chad-Diehl-60\

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep

Nov 30, 2018, 1:33 PM

Thanks. Thought it might be something like that. He was a heckuva blocker for sure!

Nov 30, 2018, 9:40 AM

Dang and the other team to win four straight conference title game was Spurrier-coach team. Dang, he was a good coach (curse him with frequent papercuts)...he almost made the coot relevant and won a trophy at Duke.

Lets go tigers and win this game.

Nov 30, 2018, 1:06 PM

'Almost..relevant..coot..'

Two of those three words often used together...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Tigers enter ACC Championship chasing a conference record ]

Almost turning that coot program around in the late stages of his coaching career says a lot about Steve Spurrier as a HC in college FB. At one time, his Florida team was the most feared team in college FB... Most hated Spurrier for the same reason they hate Dabo now, he was a winner not winning for their team!!! Steve was also one of the best play callers in college FB, and I'm sure he probably could still do that....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little after 5?

Nov 30, 2018, 1:09 PM

Nothing like waiting until rush hour on a Friday afternoon in Charlotte to head to the stadium

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,175
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic