Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney says loss hurt, but Tigers will use open date to heal mentally and physically
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 101

TNET: Swinney says loss hurt, but Tigers will use open date to heal mentally and physically

Nov 8, 2020, 1:23 AM

Swinney says loss hurt, but Tigers will use open date to heal mentally and physically

As a member of the Clemson sports information staff grabbed his phone to end Dabo Swinney’s postgame interview session, Clemson’s head coach sat back in his chair and crossed his arms in a moment of quiet and painful reflection. It was obvious that Saturday night’s loss at Notre Dame hurt (Photo: Matt Cashore / USATODAY) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney says loss hurt, but Tigers will use open date to heal mentally and physically

Nov 8, 2020, 2:11 AM

welll this was a real reality check and we failed. Give all crdit to ND tonight but at the national level neither team we saw tonight could stay within 3 or 4 TD's of an Alabama or Ohio State. We had no hint of being able to tackle anyone and and had been the story all year can't block anyone one. I can maybe exuse the lack of defense and a pass rush on injury but not the lack of an abiltiy of an OL to be able to block anyone all year. Our skill players are great but even our best OL players can't make it at the next level. If we are to be elete we need elete players and coaching and right not we have neither.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney says loss hurt, but Tigers will use open date to heal mentally and physically

Nov 8, 2020, 7:26 AM

How are we going to be elete when we can’t even spell it? ?????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t understand what has happened to our secondary?

Nov 8, 2020, 6:42 AM

We have the talent and we have the coaches but last week and last night the other teams’ WRs are wide open all the time.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

The more time a QB has to survey the field, the more open

Nov 8, 2020, 8:14 AM

receivers will be. Rush not getting home killed us last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 7:22 AM

ND played a good game. We made several costly mistakes for the second week in a row. I am hoping its just the QB issue making the mistakes. DJ probably doest practice with the 1st team a lot and the decision making and plays are a little off. We need to fix our secondary. They are 4 and 5 stars. Overall, I have trust with the coaches we will get it right. I will say our OL has never looked as bad as it does now, they are horrible. I know they are young, but dang give the QB a little time and open up some holes. They play way to soft to beat OSU or Alabama, but I am sure we will be in the playoffs and redeem our loss to ND in the ACC Championship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 9:03 AM

Great game to watch. I agree with coach D. The team never quit and I am proud of our Tigers. That said Clemson beat Clemson last night. That has really happened in the last 10 years.

All I can say is that....

Nov 8, 2020, 9:39 AM

Clemson played a good game, but not a great game last night. There are a lot of guys banged up and we have to expect ND to take advantage of that. I think using this open week Clemson will come back a little healthier and will be up for the challenge. But at the same time Clemson CAN NOT take any other team lightly from here on out! Last night was a lost, but atleast they went double overtime. Teams will have adversity and it just was in favor of ND last night. We can not expect Clemson to win all the time, but being number 1 in the rankings is a challenge to keep that 1 in play. Clemson will get back in the game, of course Covid-19 is still around and some how it is hurting some teams more than others. I beleive in Clemson and what they are doing for the program. Clemson is a team that will come back and be Clemson again, I truly believe this! Like ESPN said, this was not an elimination game last night, but it should be an eye opener for Clemson to step up for the rest of these games that is left to play. Hats off to ND, they deserve it, they played hard and they were determined and that's what win games. I just hope after last night ND players and fans does not get Covid-19 with that many fans and team on the field! To Clemson, you may have not won last night, but it showed that you guys have determination as well! Next time WE WILL WIN!! GO TIGERS and GET HEALTHY!!!!!!

Nov 8, 2020, 10:07 AM

Bravo Coach you are 100%correct.Our team ,short many key players, played their hearts out against an excellent whole senior team! I am very proud of everyone’s effort...Hold your heads up get back to work “the best is yet to come”

Nov 8, 2020, 10:10 AM

Really proud of the team and Dabo. He could very easily have talked about who wasn’t available and how things would have been different if Lawrence and the other guys had played. Many coaches would have bellyached about that and whined but Dabo showed class and just congratulated ND. We will see them again in Charlotte and if we are at full strength I think the outcome will be very different.

Re: TNET: Whole heartedly agree with positive perspective..

Nov 8, 2020, 1:00 PM

of Dabo and others commenting here. ND is a very talented and experienced team on both sides of the ball and I actually feel really good about still being in position to win given the uncharacteristic mistakes and key players not playing and injured during the game. DJ was outstanding under the circumstances but not even ND will be able to scheme and gameplan like last night again to stop our run game/plays first featuring Etienne AND DJ. It seemed to me that ND was often telegraphing some of our plays in advance; they were prepared very well. Lawrence's experience and ability to read defenses better/faster, make quicker decisions and even change plays or first options on the fly will open our run game back up (and make our O line look better too:)

Nov 8, 2020, 2:17 PM

Bravo Coach you are 100%correct.Our team ,short many key players, played their hearts out against an excellent whole senior team! I am very proud of everyone’s effort...Hold your heads up get back to work “the best is yet to come”

Replies: 11
| visibility 101
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic