Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB

Oct 8, 2018, 6:50 PM

Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB

Most men are jealous of Hunter Renfrow, and now that long list includes teammate Christian Wilkins according to head coach Dabo Swinney, who joked that Renfrow has stolen some of Wilkins' thunder. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB

Oct 8, 2018, 6:55 PM

I’m certainly going to miss Hunter but I don’t think anyone one the team has a bigger personality and loves his teammates and the game of football more than Christian. I will really miss that big man and his personality next year

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB

Oct 8, 2018, 6:59 PM

AGREE 100%%%%%%%%%%%%%% going to miss them both next year !!!!

Oct 8, 2018, 7:53 PM

Let Christian take a few snaps at QB as long as one playcall is a read option with Big Dex at RB

Exactly what I was thinking***

Oct 8, 2018, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 8, 2018, 7:03 PM

And Tigerblood will throw a hissy fit when Hunter leaves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 7:06 PM

It would be EPIC if Wilkins went in as QB vs USC.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:45 PM

And threw a TD pass to Hunter! Go Tigers

It's a slap in the face.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:24 PM

Wilkins has done everything asked of him.

Re: It's a slap in the face.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:49 PM

pretty amazing how Coach Swinney

Oct 8, 2018, 7:51 PM

takes, debatably, the best football team in the nation loaded with future big time NFL players and make it like backyard football with these guys. Go Tigers!

Oct 8, 2018, 7:52 PM

Honestly, mop up duty is for the backups to get some much needed repetitions. I don’t like the fact that we have play time at the end of games now and put star players in other positions. I’m sure the opposing coach doesn’t care for it either.....

Oct 8, 2018, 7:55 PM

I would agree as long as it's not to put on some spectacle, HOWEVER Hunter is our emergency guy and he does need to take some snaps just in case.....

Oct 8, 2018, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

I disagree - these kids are seniors, at the end of their college careers and are part of the most decorated roster we've EVER had. They've sacrificed their bodies for our amusement and so that we can brag about some hardware on forums.

If other coaches don't like it, keep the games competitive and it won't happen. If you don't like it, take your fandom to Bama and watch their stoic soldiers march back and forth like robots. Football is supposed to be fun, it's a game - or have you forgotten that?

Also, let's not forget...

Oct 8, 2018, 8:24 PM

the millions of dollars Christian gave up last year, so that he could come back and win us another year's worth of games. He could easily have moved on and would be sitting on a life-altering amount of money, but he chose to risk it to spend another year with us. If he wants to have some good clean fun, I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that.

Re: Also, let's not forget...

Oct 9, 2018, 2:45 AM

wisertime said:

the millions of dollars Christian gave up last year, so that he could come back and win us another year's worth of games. He could easily have moved on and would be sitting on a life-altering amount of money, but he chose to risk it to spend another year with us. If he wants to have some good clean fun, I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that.

I agree, these guys work hard and as you mentioned he passed on 7 digits to come back to enjoy the team and school he loves! If Dabo gives him one or two plays outside his normal position to help build team enthusiasm and create life long memories, what does that hurt? It's not our fault WF gave up!

Renfrow's snaps were not necessarily all in fun but he is the backup punter and 3-4 string QB. Live snaps may pay in the future but hopefully we don't get to that point unless it's a fake play!

Oct 8, 2018, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

I agree with Wisertime... as long as we can "afford it", let them enjoy some of the fun.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

And I'm sure Clemson B-Ball coaches are annoyed when N.C. basketball teams are beating the stuffing out of the Tigers. I'm sure opposing coaches are annoyed when Nicky's Tide is leading 42-0 at halftime, with more carnage coming in the second half. If you don't want to be annoyed, go out there and COMPETE!!!! And................GoooooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 8, 2018, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

Jhop83® said:

Honestly, mop up duty is for the backups to get some much needed repetitions. I don’t like the fact that we have play time at the end of games now and put star players in other positions. I’m sure the opposing coach doesn’t care for it either.....

Dude, like 50 kids played in the 1st quarter at Wake.

I think everyone who dressed played at GaTech.

No one's missing out, but no one's burning a shirt unnecessarily either.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:26 AM

All 72 played in GA & all 72 played in Wake. We are the only team in CFB that has done it once much less than twice.

Oct 8, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

Good grief we played 53 guys in the first qt stop your D Amm B i tching and enjoy or go over to the coot board. Unreal

Oct 9, 2018, 7:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney laughs, says Wilkins is a "very jealous guy" over Hunter Renfrow at QB ]

??

Oct 8, 2018, 7:56 PM

Wilkins for President.....2036.....

Um, a fiancé is a man to be married....

Oct 8, 2018, 8:03 PM

I'm pretty sure Hunter has a fiancée, unless there is something going on that we and the homecoming queen don't know about. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 8:16 PM

And the legend grows. We have several guys that really could be Heisman winners if they took the true meaning of what it started as... most important and impactful player on said team!!!

Y’all got this- be the team we all know you can be this year. No regrets!

Go Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we all forgetting this?

Oct 8, 2018, 10:00 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpxOU_Lqys

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That one play to me was one of the

Oct 9, 2018, 8:17 AM

greatest in Clemson football history, for it boldly demonstrated the character of our Head Coach.

I will always remember him for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 4:16 AM

So how much of the offensive playbook does CW know? It kind of helps to know the playbook if you are going to play QB.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic