Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson football at midseason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson football at midseason

Oct 14, 2018, 3:01 PM

Second Look: Grading Clemson football at midseason

Breaking down the first half filled with some twists and turns to an undefeated start with our staff grades through six games. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson football at midseason

Oct 14, 2018, 3:15 PM

BT Potter was another great rookie addition to our team. Dabo knows how to fix his teams lack of performance in most areas and will soon get special teams better too.

I’m proud of our team for growth effort and I’m so happy Trevor is getting experience that will help us have another National Championship. I’d love to see us win the next three or every year Trevor is here. Dabo has a climbing at a rate I only dreamed of a few years ago.

The best is yet to thumb!! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Our offense is much better this year than in 2017

Oct 14, 2018, 3:50 PM

especially with Lawrence as our QB. It's leaps and bounds ahead of 2017's offense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It's amazing what the threat of a forward pass can open up

Oct 14, 2018, 11:27 PM

huh?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Special teams... where's the love

Oct 14, 2018, 7:21 PM

It is rather disappointing that the Tiger special teams skill seems pretty pathetic overall when there is an exceptional defense and very good offense. It would be nice to see them bring that rating up without sacrificing the others.

Half-way through the season A&M looks a lot stronger than the total defense stat portrays. They weathered Clemson and Alabama with reasonable offense while not looking like a laughing stock on defense either. Last week they took down unbeaten Kentucky and SC this week in Columbia. So on the one hand beating them looks good, and better if we whitewash Carolina in the final game of the regular season.

This year though is another Rodney Dangerfield feel since the Tigers and ACC in general get no respect and the schedule looks nothing like 2 years ago.

Going into the second half if the Tigers can hang some serious stats especially having TL settle into the position of QB without more incidents the program should be tuned up and ready to garner another ACC Championship and hopefully make another final berth for January and the Natty.

Re: Special teams... where's the love

Oct 14, 2018, 8:08 PM

Wait, a "Clemson fan" told you our offense wasn't very good? Was this before or after you bought his drugs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Special teams... where's the love

Oct 14, 2018, 8:54 PM

Wish we had a better punter, we haven’t had a reliable since Bradley Pinion. Teasdal and Spiers just haven’t got the job done.

Yeh, but that pass to CW against OK in Orange Bowl..

Oct 15, 2018, 1:17 AM

One of my favorite plays under Dabo given that Teasdal screwed up so bad against UNC the game before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: TNET: Second Look: Grading Clemson football at midseason

Oct 16, 2018, 9:47 AM

It is interesting on punt returns that Clemson always pulls back and just lets the punting team run with the ball and usually have a large crowd at the fair catch. The punter knows he is going to have all the time in the world to get off an exceptional punt because Clemson and best will only rush 2 and those are halfhearted attempts at best. I can't remember seeing any orange helmets anywhere near an opposing punter this year or last.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic