Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Saturday night's rivalry game a showcase for nation's top-rated QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

TNET: Saturday night's rivalry game a showcase for nation's top-rated QB

Nov 20, 2018, 7:01 AM

Saturday night's rivalry game a showcase for nation's top-rated QB

The second-ranked Clemson football team will host arch-rival South Carolina under the lights Saturday night in Death Valley, and the nation’s top quarterback prospect for the 2020 recruiting cycle will be on hand to watch. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bringing Big Dave, eh?!

Nov 20, 2018, 7:18 AM

I like the sound of that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Bringing Big Dave, eh?!

Nov 20, 2018, 11:14 AM

Absolutely bc, it sounds as if Big Dave's opinion of Clemson will mean a lot to this Kid, and Big Dave's opinion will go a long way on where DJ decides to go for college. I just hope that distance isn't going to be a big issue bc, Clemson isn't just a hop skip and jump to Cali!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bringing Big Dave, eh?!

Nov 24, 2018, 2:38 AM

Big Dave's younger son, just 14, is an all conference player. LB,DL and wherever needed.

Re: TNET: Saturday night's rivalry game a showcase for nation's top-rated QB

Nov 20, 2018, 7:20 AM

I thought they were talking about Bentley.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ewe wood.....ewe

Nov 20, 2018, 7:43 AM

coot!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ewe wood.....ewe

Nov 20, 2018, 11:16 AM

Exactly Myfav, eeeewwwwwweeeee!!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Saturday night's rivalry game a showcase for nation's top-rated QB ]

That is an understandable mistake. Top does sound like flop when you say it real fast!

Nov 20, 2018, 7:30 AM

That pic looks like Joe Flacco in action not a HS kid.

Re: Flacco

Nov 21, 2018, 9:21 AM

No need to criticize the kid!

This baller is about to see Clemson on a whole

different level than he would have had he come to any of the other two game he was trying to. Last game.....coots.....night game..... I believe he’ll leave very impressed. GO TIGERS!!!

Re: This baller is about to see Clemson on a whole

Nov 20, 2018, 11:20 AM

That would depend on if he gets spit on, or hit in the head with a D-cell battery!!! Surely glad the game is in DV, that will lessen those chances!!!

This baller is about to see Clemson on a whole

different level than he would have had he come to any of the other two game he was trying to. Last game.....coots.....night game..... I believe he’ll leave very impressed. GO TIGERS!!!

Re: This baller is about to see Clemson on a whole

Nov 20, 2018, 11:30 AM

Absolutely, I'm betting that DV will be packed without an empty seat. And I'm sure that he didn't see that at Albarn or any other stadiums he's been in this season unless they were as big of a game as the coot game is to us, Rivalry game in DV is second to none, not even in stadium's that hold a few thousand more than DV does. DV has that being down in a canyon affect when our fans are loud and proud!!!

Nov 20, 2018, 8:26 AM

I likes the sound of that too !!!

Coot radio telling their Defense they have nothing to lose and may as well punish Trevor. Hit him early and often. Sounds like an nancystate philosophy to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 11:40 AM

kerigantoo, those thoughts have been bothering me since the Dook game. It has worried me so much, that I'm surprised I haven't had any night mares about the coots taking dirty hits on Trevor about every play trying to knock him out of the game thinking that will give them a chance to beat us. What they may not realize though, is that we have a better backup QB than they do with their starter little Jakie. If they do hurt Trevor, Chase will come in and whip their AS$ES also, and I'm absolutely sure of that!!!

that airport story makes me cringe...do you just lose your $

Nov 20, 2018, 8:29 AM

when you miss a flight like that?

Re: that airport story makes me cringe...do you just lose your $

Nov 20, 2018, 10:21 AM

As a rule you get on the next available flight with a vacancy. That wouldn’t happen in this case because they were pressed for time

I hope he makes it. His travel schedule leaves little margin

Nov 20, 2018, 8:30 AM

for delays and the bulk of the weekend will be spent crammed in an airplane.

Re: I hope he makes it. His travel schedule leaves little margin

Nov 20, 2018, 12:19 PM

I always got so nervous before and after getting on a plane that is caused me to actually throw up once if not more. I was absolute scared SH1TLESS of flying on commercial air planes until a few years ago, I was watching commercial air plane crashes on YOUTUBE, and seriously that ended my getting on/in an air plane, I will never get back in another air plane. If I can't get there by car or boat I'm not going. I can walk still, and I'm a pretty good swimmer, but I can't fly worth d a m n, and I feel it would be very stupid of me to ever get in another air plane. I'm dead serious, I would have to be put to sleep and carried on an air plane, and who ever had that done to me, they better get the h&ll out of town before I wake up bc they would regret that. I'll never have to worry about being in a plane before it hits the ground ever. I'm convinced that my flying ability is wayyyyyyy below par, and knowing that, it's best if I stay on the ground and find another way to get some where, or just keep my non Flying A$S at home, and that's pretty simple!!! An air plane will never fall out of the sky with me on it, and I'll never get sick again from being scared of flying, NEVER AGAIN!!!

Re: I hope he makes it. His travel schedule leaves little margin

Nov 21, 2018, 9:15 AM

0kay! We get it, Lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2018, 8:33 AM

:) :) :)

Hope him seeing a talented clone in TLaw

Nov 20, 2018, 8:35 AM

doesn’t scare him off, NOT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hope him seeing a talented clone in TLaw

Nov 20, 2018, 9:00 AM

He would only have to sit behind Trevor for one year. Kind of an ideal situation for him.

Re: Hope him seeing a talented clone in TLaw

Nov 20, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Hope him seeing a talented clone in TLaw ]

Bill I feel that a QB coming in out of HS that wanted to be an NFL QB some day, the best thing he could do, would be to come in behind a Great Talented QB that TL will be before he moves on to the NFL in a couple more years. He could be a Red Shirt freshman, and then be a backup to TL for one year, and be a started at Clemson for one or two years and be another Great QB talent coming out of Clemson as a low 1st round pick in the NFL. That's about what TL was willing to do until he beat KB out. But that would be IMO the best option for DJ and his future as an NFL QB!!!

Nov 20, 2018, 9:31 AM

For some reason I thought we were a lock for him. The timing would be very good. He could red shirt a year and learn from TL, or play and do mop up duty. Sure would love to land him. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He won't redshirt***

Nov 20, 2018, 3:24 PM

Re: He won't redshirt***

Nov 21, 2018, 9:25 AM

So you are he definitely won't be coming to Clemson!!!

Nov 20, 2018, 9:52 AM

I can tell from the picture that we will have to get Griese to come in and help him work on his release. He's bringing the ball way too low. We can't be signing another slow release QB. We are already stuck with one now. What are our coaches thinking?

Nov 20, 2018, 10:29 AM

Unless your initials are KB, you can always change your mechanics with proper coaching.

I pick on KB because holding the ball higher, in a pass-ready position, makes it more vulnerable when you try to tuck and run. His mechanics indicated that he considered, or was coached to prioritize, taking care of the football while scrambling to be more important than shortening his throwing motion.

Many dual threat HS QBs have this problem.

Nov 20, 2018, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Saturday night's rivalry game a showcase for nation's top-rated QB ]

Yep, those guys at ESECPN think they know it all, the most important thing they don't realize is, if they were all that smart, they could be making 10 X's the salary they make if they were a college coach. The fact is, none of them could make it long as a college coach, and that is the reason they are where they are!!!

Nov 20, 2018, 11:02 AM

The kids has a good arm but, so did TL is HS. When they get to the college level, they find out that they don't have the time they had in HS to get the ball out, and that calls for re-training their arm and release to be able to do and look as good as they did in HS at the college level. TL is still working that out at the college level. That is the exact reason I was all for TL being name the starter at the beginning of the season. If he would have lost a game at the front side of our schedule, we could have recovered and still went to the playoffs, and TL would have I believe been a better than he is now QB. Now if we lose a game between now before playoffs, we're done. who ever we face no matter who it is in the playoff, lose and done. Personally I wish TL would have had those first 4 games as our starting QB, he would have been even better than he is now, and it would have strengthen our chances to the NCG, and a better chance to win it, IMO!!! There isn't any doubt there is many more different opinions than my own, and everybody has the right to their own opinions in everything that life offers. Without them, this would be a very bland life we live in!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Nov 20, 2018, 3:11 PM

Any player that thinks they can unseat TL, better be twice as good. TL has the backing of not just Dabo but the entire (+ or -) CLEMSON Nation... Kid can do no wrong...So, expect to sit out until TL has graduated/gets hurt/or the team is up by 50 points.

This might work out well with him being a 2020 recruit

Nov 20, 2018, 3:22 PM

If he were 2019 i kind of doubt he would be willing to come in and sit behind TL for 2 years. As a 2020 guy he come in, learn the system and get some backup reps his FR year, and then be ready to compete with Brice and Taisun for the starting gig in 2021.

Re: This might work out well with him being a 2020 recruit

Nov 20, 2018, 8:55 PM

What if those guys are better than TL?

Nov 21, 2018, 9:32 AM

That would be sort of unbelievable with TL having two years in the system on everybody with the exception of Chase. To be honest, it would be very difficult for a true fresh just coming in to beat Chase Brice out at this point with the time he has in our system. Chase isn't a bad QB by any means!!!

Nov 23, 2018, 9:04 PM

Chase is a VERY good QB. Saved our bacon against Syracuse. Good job on the coaching staff bringing in the best in the country. Go Tigers....beat the dirt scratching yard birds.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic