Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world

Jun 13, 2020, 9:19 PM

Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world

Saturday evening in Clemson was one of those picture-perfect days, and as the bells in what was Tillman and will be, once again, Old Main, began to chime a sea of faces looked towards a stage on Bowman Field and listened to the words of Darien Rencher. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world

Jun 13, 2020, 9:54 PM

Can anyone offer some concise specifics as to exactly what BLM wants or expects? Anyone can see for themselves, who are willing to look, that FBI and all state crime data statistics and FACTS do NOT support the "systemic" or "brutality" agendas!! After all of the monuments and statues are gone and all of the buildings are renamed, please explain EXACTLY how those actions are going to improve lives, ANYBODYS lives!!! When the root issues are utterly ignored or won't be addressed, then the real solutions only slip further from the grasp!

fact is in inner cities african americans

Jun 13, 2020, 10:10 PM

are more likely to die by the gun of a fellow african american than a cop.. but facts are racist so we ignore them

Re: fact is in inner cities african americans

Jun 14, 2020, 8:44 AM

one has nothing to do with another. One is a law and order issue, the other is a justice issue. Get on board brother, the world is changing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct. Both are issues to be addressed and outraged over

Jun 14, 2020, 11:16 AM

But neither needs to be an excuse to not address the other. Right now the focus is on injustice. As it should be.

However, right behind this, the focus should turn towards law and order in the inner cities if folks truly care about black lives. We shall see if this is a genuine movement or an agenda movement.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: fact is in inner cities african americans

Jun 14, 2020, 8:44 AM [ in reply to fact is in inner cities african americans ]

one has nothing to do with another. One is a law and order issue, the other is a justice issue. Get on board brother, the world is changing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world

Jun 13, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Garza

Jun 13, 2020, 11:04 PM

Forgive if I'm missing the point ,but, after reading every word written about this Alicia Garza, more than just being an activist of humans rights for black lives matter, she is activist trouble maker for anything that she doesn't agree with, and she is more than willing to interfere in people's lives, and she is more than willing to break laws in doing it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 12:26 AM

And?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 14, 2020, 10:52 AM

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

I think we are all on board regarding the absolutely true statement that "black lives matter".... Read what the BLM organization believes and draw your own conclusion about their true agenda, goals, and objectives.... Note especially the rejection of the "....Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement...." along with the purposeful use of words like comrade and collective.... And no mention of the need for men or fathers.... I could go on, but read it for yourself....

Jun 14, 2020, 5:07 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]
NewsBias.jpg(128.0 K)

Forgive if I'm missing the point ,but, after reading every word written about this Alicia Garza, more than just being an activist of humans rights for black lives matter, she is activist trouble maker for anything that she doesn't agree with, and she is more than willing to interfere in people's lives, and she is more than willing to break laws in doing it!!!

She is great! You were probably were reading something from Fox which is usually targeted to that audience. It is better to find neutral news sources.
Here is a chart, I would stick to the top square.

Jun 14, 2020, 7:14 AM

You're dreaming, on drugs, or have been brainwashed if you think that chart is accurate. Yes, Fox News leans to the Right side of issues. All of the news organizations at the top are run by liberals, who rarely tell both sides of a story. Someone had a fun time drawing this up as propaganda

Jun 14, 2020, 8:08 AM

I don't see a chart. It must have been taken down?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

Yep... this bias chart is biased. CNN and NBC are so unfactual and peddles so much hearsay they don’t belong anywhere near “factual”. Their credibility is much worse than Trump’s and that is saying something! Washington Post and NY Times too.

Fox is biased, but mostly factual in their reporting. Their entertainment hosts not withstanding. The shows are not meant to be “news”, they are opinion entertainment only. That said, I can’t watch any of them. It is like watching the Jerry Springer show 2.0.

When I see folks cite charts like this I ask the same question, who makes such determinations and based on what facts? In other words, who watches the watchers to make sure they are not corrupt or bias?

One key test that I use to determine bias is when a source bought into the Trump Russia collusion lies and now deny Trump and his team were spied on by the Obama deep state. You know they are biased against the truth when it doesn’t fit their agenda. And I didn’t even vote for Trump, but can see that bias against him from a most of the so called “news” sources. So I quit listening to them anymore. Even Fox.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

digimini, who made the chart?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, of course it was made by a liberal

Jun 14, 2020, 1:57 PM

And like most liberals, she thinks she has her bias under control, so it’s totes ok.

Jeez Louise, look where she puts NPR. And why is this on the Football Board?

The point is the Left needs to control the information you get to see. The MSM colludes on what stories to cover and how to cover them. They are in lock step using whatever the modern version of JournoList is. They also collude on what stories to kill or not cover. Like stories about Leftist pals Harvey Weinstein or Jeffrey Epstein. Any media that is not part of their organized crime family they have to discredit. Thus the rise of the ridiculously biased “fact checkers.” When there are people that will tell you the truth about stories the MSM wants to bury, they put them on the right of that chart and scream “pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!!!”

http://www.allgeneralizationsarefalse.com/who-am-i-and-what-are-my-political-biases/

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

so liberal quack posts chart deveopled by liberal quack

Jun 14, 2020, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

supporting some liberal duck idea

quack quack quack

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I support black lives but BLM is bad news

Jun 13, 2020, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

From the founder of BLM:

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-patrisse-cullors-black-lives-matter-2017-htmlstory.html

“Trump has called BLM a threat. Is the door open to talk to him?
It's note. And we wouldn't take the invitation.
Why not?
We wouldn't as a movement take a seat at the table with Trump, because we wouldn't have done that with Hitler. Trump is literally the epitome of evil, all the evils of this country — be it racism, capitalism, sexism, homophobia.”

same i support black lives they do matter

Jun 13, 2020, 10:36 PM

but the BLM group is nothing but a fundraising front for the dnc ..when you donate it directs you to actblue

Re: same i support black lives they do matter

Jun 14, 2020, 4:29 AM

No it's not! Money doesn't go to the DNC, DO some research before you just spout lies.

Re: I support black lives but BLM is bad news

Jun 14, 2020, 4:55 AM [ in reply to I support black lives but BLM is bad news ]

Trump is on the wrong side of history. He is going to be looked back in history as the "George Wallace standing in the schoolhouse door" guy.

Jun 14, 2020, 7:50 AM

digimini, let me give you some of your own advice, do some research before spouting your left leaning lies/.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I support black lives but BLM is bad news ]

That will be determined after the next four years of his presidency.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I support black lives but BLM is bad news ]

Not that it would likely ever happen but you would deny the "possibility" to create even the smallest improvement for the BLM cause just because it is Trump?That's worse than racism.Trump is not the brightest bulb in the pack and I could go much further.....but to deny an opportunity for a cause because of your own hate would seem to be indicative that your attitude,(at least as implied by your statement) is engendered by hate and revenge-not justice and equality. The true protesters do so with responsibility and a clear intent to be heard for a message. They have true integrity. Then there are the "I hate Trump(worse than racism)", I hate society, the someone owes me something so I'm going to smash a window a take a new TV" faction." Real changes predicated on just causes are created by those with the integrity and enlightenment to see the large picture-to speak out about the large picture and show examples of the cause to those who are not informed. Only knowledge brings long lasting change to the masses. Humanity has this seemingly natural propensity to moan, yell,and complain without the forethought of explaining specifics, showing examples and suggesting non-violent solutions to those whom they complain and accuse - thereby linking all in their selected targets to some attitude supposedly held by all(who are their target) and are,themselves, guilty of doing what they say they oppose-"grouping and discrimination" This childish obsession with one person, for example, is nothing but the hateful, trying to mislead the integrous by means of their own hate. Maybe you should look in the mirror and consider pulling up a chair to the table rather than spouting your own hatred which is below the level of a 2 year old's temper tantrum. Maybe you should investigate issues on your own rather than take the word of a biased (right or left) media whose cause is to create sensationalism and ratings for the purpose of making money and paying salaries-in other words-a business. Perhaps you'll find, amidst the people you link all the injustice and inequalities, there is a very large majority who are disgusted and repulsed within the very group you would have be the genesis and foundation of your grievances. Perhaps you should ask and not scream hatred and blame.

Message was edited by: Watcher®

Jun 13, 2020, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

CootTamer, I think you are missing the issue here. Clemson University made a tremendous impact today by showing the world that it cares about souls! Clemson (coaches, administrators, students, alumni, policemen) listened. That's forward progress. Knowing and feeling that you are heard releases years of heavy weights. That improves lives. And just as our player said, "shame on us" if we don't keep taking steps.

It's hard to listen. Listening takes a heart change that some people believe is possible only by God. God was at work today in these young men's voices and lives. He was at work in Dabo's life, and He is moving people through love to SHOW that black lives matter.

Jun 13, 2020, 11:40 PM

I agree 100% with Clemson University’s stand today, and how Darien Rencher says that our understanding and communication must continue. If that is going to take place, we must address the serious problems of black on black killings and the fact that 40% of black babies are aborted every year. These issues must’ be addressed if we believe that Black Lives Matter. Shouldn’t aborted unborn black lives matter as much as slain black lives? I think so. God bless all who participated in today’s peaceful demonstration. We need to celebrate this freedom more and praise God that our constitution guarantees us this right.

Jun 14, 2020, 10:08 AM

"40% of black babies are aborted every year." How many black babies would be aborted every year if state governments implemented wide-ranging sex education, provided access to contraceptives?

Jun 14, 2020, 10:22 AM

Or stop giving federal funding for having children by way of the IRS

Jun 13, 2020, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

Those are good questions, but statistics do not tell the entire story. Can you explain why Tim Scott, US senator from SC who has been in Washington for about 5 years has been stopped 7 times by the police and Lindsay Graham who has been there over 30 years has never been pulled over. Maybe Tim is a bad driver? I don't think so. So it is more than just the number of unarmed blacks that have been killed by police (most justifiably) that is the issue. Do you think maybe if a cop pulled you over for the 8th time for nothing other than the color of your skin that you may have a little bit of an attitude? I would.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 12:50 AM

First if all, I would be willing to bet that on average the officer would know the drivers race less than 25% of the time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

As a retired police officer, the tint on these windows nowadays does not allow for a whole lot of identification. When you run radar you are visually inspecting the speed of the vehicle and confirming that speed with your devices. In all that you typically have little idea as to the race, sex, etc. of the driver. Racist white cops exist, I've heard rumors of Black police pulling over white people on purpose as well. At the end of the day, there are bad people everywhere and in every profession. Our nation was founded on our Lord and Savior, we need an awakening and if this is the catalyst so be it. In the meantime thank your local men and women in blue because its a tough tough thankless job.

LOL I've gotten stoped more than 7 times for sure

Jun 14, 2020, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light to world ]

it has nothing to do with the color of my skin, it has to do with the speed that I drive and the fact that I don't like seatbelts

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol dabo kowtowing***

Jun 13, 2020, 10:09 PM

Re: TNET: Rencher sees demonstration as confirmation that Clemson is light

Jun 13, 2020, 10:17 PM

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Message was edited by: PurpleTiger21®

Message was edited by: PurpleTiger21®

Jun 13, 2020, 11:06 PM

I can see myself, fishing and hunting during fall Saturdays if things stay the same. I gave up on pro ball years ago.

Jun 14, 2020, 8:08 AM

Rencher is an amazing person. He is going to do great things. He is special. I am looking forward to seeing what path he takes.

Respects to Rencher and team

Jun 14, 2020, 8:25 AM

I respect Rencher and his message -- kudos to him the other student athletes expressing their sincere ethical opinions.

As for my man digimini, I love the irony in the cool Archer rendering with the Clemson cap, and the fact that Archer represents the complete absence of p.c. when digimini is all p.c.

Stay safe Tigers, respect yourself and respect others' rights to express themselves without theft and destruction. Clemson and the USA will persevere and come out of this period of time with debate but will come out strong ...

Jun 14, 2020, 9:34 AM

Not to correct anything that was personally said and personally felt. Rencher did a fantastic job! “Amazing Grace” by John Newton was sung, with the notation that he was a slave trader, among other things. Those other things included being a slave himself:
“In 1745, he himself became a slave of Princess Peye, a woman of the Sherbro people, but later returned to sea and was the captain of slave ships.” (From WiKipedia article on John Newton.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2020, 12:28 PM

BLM is a satanic movement built on anarchy, hatred, division and violence. Read comments by its leaders. Perhaps these young men are being deceived because their churches are slack in preaching the gospel and worshiping biblically. People will follow Antichrist with the same belief as now. “It’s all for good and peace”. Everyone loves what they are doing because of the evil in their hearts. There are many white supremacy movements that are evil also. It’s not just BLM. But they are the media darlings now and it is sickening to see the deception taking place by young men whom I believe have good intentions.

Jun 14, 2020, 12:41 PM

Jesus Christ is The Light of The World. Without Him their is no hope.
Praise The Lord!

Best part of Dabo speech was

Jun 14, 2020, 12:56 PM

"Black lives equally matter".
I think he understands that BLM is a Marxist movement intended to destroy America. It us funded by Soros, Gates, Winfrey & Obama, etc. One thing left out was God created one race....The Human Race.

Jun 14, 2020, 9:11 PM

This comment from twitter really shows how butt hurt OSU fans really are.

Hmm Thinking face do y’all remember 4 years ago when Dabo was talking bout Kap and how he thought that this country didn’t have a racism issue and how those ppl needed to just leave this country my oh my how the times have changed King23, the second tweet!!! I ask him for a link to what he was saying, and nothing...

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/1271957261389312001

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic