Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

TNET: Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Apr 29, 2019, 2:02 PM

Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Richard Yeargin thought he would never play football again and retired from the game he loves last August. However, a successful October surgery has given Yeargin a new lease on life and the desire to once again play football. With that in mind, the senior defensive end has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Apr 29, 2019, 2:11 PM

Good luck to him! What a great attitude. Wish him all the best!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal

Apr 29, 2019, 2:16 PM

That is surprising, but great news! I hope he finds the right situation and wish him well. Really appreciate him saying he is a Clemson man through and through.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wishing you all the best Richard !

Apr 29, 2019, 2:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 2:30 PM

Go get a regular job, FB at the college level isn't worth a possible re-injury for just a season of FB... Those neck and back injuries are no joke, and I can swear this to you, the very last thing you want later in life is to go through what I have to deal with daily, and at times it's more pain than anything they have for pain to stop it... Don't be one that looks back 30 years from now and say, man, I wish I would have never touched another FB, and if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have. I'm telling you now to leave FB for those that hasn't been through what you have already, bc later in life those injuries will hurt you, and even more if you don't stop aggravating them now. Bank on it!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I second the motion on the floor

Apr 29, 2019, 6:05 PM

I played in HS. didnt play in college, yet I was squating 500lbs when I was 20. I am now 48 and have been through years of back pain. My l5 s1 joint was GONE. I now have a cage, 2 rods and several screws in my back. The pain is much less, but it doesnt go away. Arthritis will eventually eat me up. If there is any chance of you reaggravating this injury, DO NOT DO IT. ITS NOT WORTH IT. You are a Clemson man, in my humble opinion, and I hope you do well and bring glory to God in all you do. But a single season of football is not worth the multiple, multiple years of pain and agony you potentially have in front of you. Even the potential is not worth it. You have a school, coaching staff, and alumni (family) who all value you, just the way you are. You have nothing more to prove to us when it comes to playing.

Re: I second the motion on the floor

Apr 29, 2019, 9:45 PM

Mike Williams says hello

Apr 29, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal ]

Cant disagree with this. I said the same thing about Peyton Manning. I don't screw with Organs, Spine or Brain injuries. Everything else is fair game. Especially since it's hard to imagine an NFL team taking a chance on a guy with history of neck problems. Go live a full life where you can pick up your kids. Talented young man, but life is more important.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 2:31 PM

App State
Kentucky
Vanderbilt
Tennessee
Missouri

These would all work for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Wishing you the best Richard. ??***

Apr 29, 2019, 2:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Apr 29, 2019, 2:54 PM

all the best for your health and career Richard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 2:59 PM

Class act. On a different note, anyone who says they dont get paid is nuts. Look at those full ride great degrees he is leaving with. He has a great future.

Apr 29, 2019, 4:48 PM

Absolutely, and I wish for him that he would just use his Clemson degree and stay retired from FB BC, I live everyday what he could easily be living with, with or without FB at this point after the first injury and especially if he gets hurt again!!! And I to do wish him all the best with ever he chooses to do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Continued health Richard!

Apr 29, 2019, 3:15 PM

Glad you are better!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 4:01 PM

One of the most classiest quotes I’ve ever read from a player transferring. Good luck Richard!

Thx & Brightest Wishes RiCHARD..

Apr 29, 2019, 4:23 PM

and yes, with 2 Rings & 2 Diplomas..you ARE a CLEMSON Man, forever!

Go TiGERS.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thx & Brightest Wishes RiCHARD..

Apr 29, 2019, 5:00 PM

Yep - top of the world !!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 29, 2019, 5:05 PM

Wherever he goes I will be a huge fan .... except CootU, UNC, UGA, ...... and a few others!

Apr 29, 2019, 5:54 PM

Best of luck Richard- you are yet another example of the type of young men Dabo recruits for this program. Intelligent, high character, and a great athlete. You will be very successful wherever life takes you and as a fellow Clemson Alum I will always be proud of you as I am sure all who read this article will be!!

Apr 29, 2019, 6:37 PM

Since he has another year to play, why doesn't he play for
Clemson? Is it because of playing time? Doesn't make sense.

Apr 29, 2019, 7:01 PM

irmotig® said:

Since he has another year to play, why doesn't he play for
Clemson? Is it because of playing time? Doesn't make sense.

I think in his case he may be number 3 here so he is looking for a place that needs a DE and hopes he can start right away. He has been away from the game for a couple of years so he may have lost a little of his ability to compete at Cu with our Defensive ends. Just my hones opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 8:08 PM

Guard your health young man! The refs were protecting Manning. Good Luck & God Speed

Once he retired from football, his scholarship was probably

Apr 29, 2019, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Neck surgery convinces Clemson defensive end to enter NCAA Transfer Portal ]

used on another player . . . there is probably not a scholarship available for him to play for us

Proud of Clemson for honoring his scholarship through the injury and allowing him to continue his education . . . Even to the point of earning a post graduate degree!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once he retired from football, his scholarship was probably

Apr 30, 2019, 12:42 PM

I believe it has been mentioned a few times when players have stopped playing early due to injuries that they are placed on a different scholarship at that time.

They are longer considered part of the 85 even though football is still giving them a scholarship.

I'm sure he falls in that category.

Apr 29, 2019, 8:15 PM

Love and prayers for God's very Best in your life!!!

Great News Richard!!!

Apr 29, 2019, 9:41 PM

So happy you're getting the chance to play again!!! Make the most of it and play with that passion that stirs within!!!

As a Tiger . . . You'll always be pulled for and have a home in these hills!!!

May you have absolute peace with your upcoming choice of schools!!!

Apr 29, 2019, 9:58 PM

Epitome of a Clemson man. I wish you the best Mr. Yeargin.

Apr 30, 2019, 12:23 AM

Rooting for you Richard!!

Apr 30, 2019, 12:53 AM

Ia he the first person to ever transfer with a Masters degree in hand? The NCAA is probably so confused. An extra year of eligibility and he has no classes to take unless he's going for the doctorate.

Apr 30, 2019, 12:43 PM

He could always start a separate master's program.

It is very likely that whatever he enrolls in for august he will stop taking classes in December.

I would assume he will be trying to play football and will only take the necessary classes to get one more season.

May 1, 2019, 10:53 PM

Oh I know. I just think that's so cool. I am indifferent when it comes to paying players. I love the amateurism of college sports, but the players definitely deserve it. But with that being said when you have a guy get a bachelors and a masters completely free it's hard not to see the positives of college athletics without paying the players.

We Support You

Apr 30, 2019, 8:37 AM

Richard, we thank God for your healing and will be your fans wherever you go. May you be blessed in all you do for Him.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic