Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Memorable moments: Kicks missed, made and more close calls in Clemson’s toughest games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Memorable moments: Kicks missed, made and more close calls in Clemson’s toughest games

Aug 2, 2020, 3:01 PM

Memorable moments: Kicks missed, made and more close calls in Clemson’s toughest games

Taking a look at some of the tougher pills to swallow in Clemson football history that forged where the program is today. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Memorable moments: Kicks missed, made and more close calls in Clemson’s toughest games

Aug 2, 2020, 3:11 PM

At Maryland during the 2011 season stands out to me because of how we made their QB C.J Brown look like the second coming of Vince Young. The biggest play from that game, IMO, was Bashaud Breeland's one-handed interception. That seemed to be the momentum swinger.

I remember Sammy, Nuk, and Ellington having big plays, but Sammy made the biggest of plays with that kick return TD to seal the deal!

Those are some painful memories for a Sunday afternoon.

Aug 2, 2020, 3:22 PM

I remember every one of those games. I cannot say thank you for posting them.
I will probably have nightmares tonight.

Hurrah for the recent years when the ups have truly smothered the downs!

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Memorable moments: Kicks missed, made and more close calls in Clemson’s toughest games

Aug 2, 2020, 3:24 PM

Good grief! Where is my Zoloft? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What the eff, man?!?!?!***

Aug 2, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 4:18 PM

Surprised that the 1986 game against South Carolina in Death Valley was not mention as the 21-21 tie to a 3-6-1(before game record) pathetic coot team felt like a loss.The Tigers were 7-2-1 going into that game.

Aug 2, 2020, 4:28 PM

The loss that hurts the most for me is the one point defeat we had against Pitt in 2016 in the Valley. All the Tigers had to do was run the clock down but instead chose to pass into the end zone and it was intercepted and that resulted in a 42-43 loss. Only time I have ever second guessed Dabo. A truly dumb final minute,

Aug 2, 2020, 4:38 PM

Yup. Then the Tigers could not get 1 yard on 3rd and 4th downs near mid-field, allowing Pitt to get close enough for Chris Blewitt. He did not blow it.

For me Dabo’s worst call

Aug 2, 2020, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Memorable moments: Kicks missed, made and more close calls in Clemson’s toughest games ]

Was to not kick a field goal from the Auburn 17 on 4th and 4 when we were up 6 with 40 something seconds left in the game. Got stopped on 4th and 4 and AU ended up getting 2 good shots from our 40 at the end. Could’ve ended up saving some nerves had we gone up 9.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For me Dabo’s worst call

Aug 2, 2020, 8:08 PM

That was a head scratcher for me, as well. I watched that game again recently and was reminded how easily we could have lost that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2020, 5:41 PM

Had Tommy beaten Booby the first time his tenure at Clemson may have been much different. Of course we may not now have dabo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is there some good reason

Aug 2, 2020, 6:43 PM

That you felt we should experience these painful moments again. ####!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The '77 Notre Dame game was in Death Valley.***

Aug 2, 2020, 10:41 PM

Aug 3, 2020, 8:01 AM

I still can't watch that Weinke fake. Not without screaming at the screen.

Aug 3, 2020, 11:53 AM

Yep, was sitting in the end zone right behind that play. It seemed like slow motion, agonizingly slow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic