Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: KJ Henry is bigger and stronger and ready to lead
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: KJ Henry is bigger and stronger and ready to lead

Aug 15, 2019, 6:54 AM

KJ Henry is bigger and stronger and ready to lead

KJ Henry played in four games a year ago, ending his stretch on the field with a four tackle performance in front of his home crowd in Winston-Salem in the Tigers’ blowout win over Wake Forest. A year later he’s stronger and more prepared for the rigors of a college season.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: KJ Henry is bigger and stronger and ready to lead

Aug 15, 2019, 7:54 AM

I have been a big KJ fan ever since I saw his commitment video. I have attached the link below. What I saw was a very mature and thoughtful young man. No surprise he is becoming a leader. I believe over the next 3 years he is going to become one of our favorite Tigers!!!
14 DAYS!!!!!! GO TIGERS!!!!!

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/5/11/15626732/kj-henry-defensive-end-2018-commits-clemson

Message was edited by: rhettfla

Aug 15, 2019, 7:56 AM

WAS AT THE SCRIMMAGE SATURDAY. HENRY IS A MONSTER. OF COURSE THOUGH WE HAVE 5 MONSTERS AT DE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 2:14 PM

deroberts said:

WAS AT THE SCRIMMAGE SATURDAY. HENRY IS A MONSTER. OF COURSE THOUGH WE HAVE 5 MONSTERS AT DE.

How did KJ look against the run? Did his pass rush techniques look good? I am big fan of kj as well and looking at this 2020 class...sheesh The dline will be ridiculously deep. Adding flowe with the lbs here, dare I say in 2021 it will be the best defense ever at Clemson and possibly ever, given everything goes well. #RoarTigers #Repeat

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: KJ Henry is bigger and stronger and ready to lead ]

I've been a big fan of KJ's also. We went to the same high school so I was really excited when he signed with the tigers. You can't help but respect the guy after watching that video either. A man of great character, and intelligence to match all that talent makes it very easy to pull for this Clemson man.

Aug 15, 2019, 8:16 AM

This fine young man with his maturity, drive, ambition and constant effort to improve is why this football team excels. He is special, but so is the entire team.
CDS and staff have a way of weeding out the rare individual that just doesn't fit in.

Clemson culture is in a class all by itself.
Contrast this culture against Thug Life schools and the steady stream of reports about bad behavior among athletes and you will know why Clemson is a phenomenal winning story, worthy of a blockbuster movie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 9:26 AM

Seeing Henry listed as a backup on the post-Spring depth chart is a reminder that - WE TOO DEEP!

Aug 15, 2019, 11:38 AM

this guy and dk (doesn't matter what position coach - just put me in) have superstars written all over them.

Aug 15, 2019, 11:58 AM

The thing with KJ is you don't see that type of personality, usually, with a guy that was so highly touted coming out of high school. Just that interview where he says he isn't to the standard set at Clemson. Too me that statement alone tells me everything I need to know. Usually guys of his ranking come in and if they aren't starting and contributing early they can waiver. Not just in their ability but their commitment to the school. KJ knew he wasn't ready last year and instead of having this "I'm a 5 star" mentality and a "I have to play to show what I can do" mindset he actually petitioned Dabo to not play him anymore because he wanted to redshirt to go through Power Hour and get stronger. I'm not saying KJ is any better than any other big time player I'm just saying his mindset is refreshing in a microwave society. I also think it is great he is roommates with XT. I do think KJ has and will continue to rub off on XT. XT is a quiet guy and KJ and Clemson for that fact along with Coach Swinney has really helped him. Just think about this, KJ, XT, Bresee and Murphy on the field at the same time next season. The only thing that slows me down on that thought is Miles Murphy. I think body and strength wise he is coming in a lot like KJ. Now he could turn it up his senior year and change his body before he gets here but if he doesn't I see a redshirt Power Hour in the future of Murph. Thats not a bad thing because like KJ I think both he and Murphy have shown talent alone they are 5 stars and thinking about putting college strength behind that talent is mind boggling. Man I don't know how much longer I can take this cycling out thing.

Aug 15, 2019, 12:18 PM

Well said TA don’t post much but when TA does, it’s well worth it.

Only one thing I would correct- next year Murphy probably will RS but I was thinking more about Tyler Davis with a year experience to go with Ruke and ETR!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2019, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: KJ Henry is bigger and stronger and ready to lead ]

Murphy is already listed at 260 I believe. I think when kj came in he was light coming in. I wanna say around 240 or a little bit north. I agree though if Murphy redshirt for power hour that's a huge plus. That could spark a great trend for guys coming in because they will see the fruits pay off from the work.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic