Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Isaiah Simmons "probably will" cry when his name is called in NFL Draft
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: Isaiah Simmons "probably will" cry when his name is called in NFL Draft

Apr 11, 2020, 8:01 AM

Isaiah Simmons "probably will" cry when his name is called in NFL Draft

Concerns about the coronavirus mean big changes to this month’s NFL Draft, and players won’t be able to walk across the stage and receive a handshake from Roger Goodell. Instead, they will be at home watching the proceedings, but that doesn’t mean emotions won’t be high. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Isaiah Simmons "probably will" cry when his name is called in NFL Draft

Apr 11, 2020, 8:56 AM

I'll probably cry with him.

Re: TNET: Isaiah Simmons "probably will" cry when his name is called in NFL Draft

Apr 11, 2020, 9:03 AM

Announcer, "Sir you are now worth $10 Million." Me, "Boo-hoo-hoo."

Tear$$$$$$$$ of Joy

Apr 11, 2020, 1:39 PM

The young man won the genetic lottery and worked hard. Congratulations & wish him the best! And hire a professional investor on a 1% percentage - Fisher Investments would work well for most of his earnings to play it safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tear$$$$$$$$ of Joy

Apr 11, 2020, 6:44 PM

These kids/ men getting this kind of money makes it so hard for me to watch these guys broke at 40. I know they now have programs in place to guide these guys but no one knows who to trust their money with. Guys think they are being smart with their money only to find out a family member or family friend swindled them. The NFL should have a 401 k type scenario just keep away the sharks.

Apr 11, 2020, 2:19 PM

He will cry alright, but it be bc of all those millions that he will have in his bank account at one time. More money than most people could ever just wish for, and he will see it in his bank statement!!!

When you hear these very young adults say, this is what I have worked for all my life, (News Flash) they have barely began their lives and they're already millionaires. The thought of champaign and caviare dreams have become a reality without dreaming about it any longer!!!

Men my age and older that was actually really good with the sport we loved the most at a young age, we never gave thought to getting rich playing that sport that we lived to play as young adults in Isaiah Simmons age group. Not bragging, I'm just saying that I had a BB glove on my right hand even farther back than I can remember bc my daddy loved pro BB. Through little league, summer leagues, and HS baseball, I was what the coaches back then called a hot shot 2nd baseman with a little better than average with the bat, and bc of the way I swung the bat, most every ball I hit were linedrives a little to the left of or right over 2nd base, depending on the pitch I committed to when I saw it coming. I hardly ever struck out, and the only HR I ever hit was only bc of era's by the fielder and I was pretty fast on my feet, and if my long term memory serves me, I think I was just barely under 11 seconds a few times in a 100 Yd dash, or a few hundredth over 11 seconds.

When all was said and done, chasing the girls as a teenager, barely ever opening a book after school, I had to do the summer school thing to graduate HS. I was talked to about playing college ball, but I fell through the cracks bc of my grades that no one ever pressured me to do better with except my HS BB coach that always told me that I was a h&11 of a ball player that could play college ball IF would apply myself to making better grades, that I didn't do. If I had made better grades, there was no way my mom could afford college for me, and without a full scholarship, college at that time in my life was absolutely totally out of the question.

I have thought many many times throughout my life about the what IFs, what IF I would have seriously applied myself to do what I was capable of doing with my grades in HS, and somehow went and played college BB somewhere. And what If I would have been good enough to play ML baseball for the Braves like my all time favorite 2nd baseman Glenn Hubbard. Hubbard was only 5'9" and was one of the best 2nd basemen during his pro BB career. I was 5'11", quick, and I tried to hustle harder and be just as good as he was when I was at practice and in the game!!! BC I gave up to easily on playing baseball, it was hard for me to even watch the game until about 10 years ago, and I love watching Clemson BB, and the what IF thoughts are still in my mind.

First of all, I wish that my daddy hadn't died when I was 10 bc he would have been that kick in the butt I needed when I stopped doing my best in school, if he would have lived that wouldn't ever been a problem. And if he would have lived until I was at least 25, I wouldn't be wishing that everybody could have had a do over choice to go back in life and make changes at about the age of 30 bc, that is the age when I really realized that I threw away any chances I may have had of a baseball career!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2020, 6:57 AM

How many young people don't have anyone to guide and push them? Think of all the never realized breakthroughs for humanity that fade away like smoke! We all have some regrets. I was offered a full ride to get my Master's degree at Duke and I didn't know what that was. I remember telling my professor, naw, I'm tired of school, ready to get out and live. I never even told my parents. Would have made a lot of difference in my paycheck.

Apr 12, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Isaiah Simmons "probably will" cry when his name is called in NFL Draft ]

I'm not sure anyone in college baseball gets a full scholarship. There's just too few to give and they need too many players. It's kind of sad, but sports like baseball don't make any money.

I think a majority of guys have regrets. For me, personally, I wish I had gotten one ounce of encouragement from my parents.
I was just too skinny and a 16 year old senior. As a 17 year old and older, I beefed up considerably. My parents should have held me back, but they were clueless and didn't even like sports.

Simmons is the biggest risk in this draft to cry on camera

Apr 12, 2020, 7:23 PM

-Cole Cubelic

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic