Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Instant Analysis: Tigers escape thriller in College Station
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

TNET: Instant Analysis: Tigers escape thriller in College Station

Sep 8, 2018, 10:56 PM

Instant Analysis: Tigers escape thriller in College Station

ACC vs. SEC. Dabo vs. Jimbo. Offense vs. Defense. Any way you want to describe it, Clemson and Texas A&M was by far the best game during the young 2018 college football season, but the Tigers found a win 28-26 in front of a sold-out Kyle Field.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: Tigers escape thriller in College Station

Sep 8, 2018, 11:01 PM

If you are going to mention a pass interference that wasn't called against Tee Higgins, then to be fair you have to mention the numerous holding calls that the Aggies got away with on big plays.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:12 PM

I am no expert on blocking but either they were holding a lot or our vaunted d line got taken to the shed

Sep 8, 2018, 11:25 PM

Def a lot of holdings, I saw multiple times Wilkins get tackled by the throat and both DEs shirts stretched all the way to the side were numbers aren’t in the middle anymore. Only time they called the holding was on the 2 point bc the ref had to bc it was right in his face and out of the pocket for everyone to see. Other than that they got away with a lot of holding. Now I will say their qb Mond did a wonderful job of escaping and getting the ball off, the best I’ve seen against clemson in a long time. Great to get the win though I’ll take it haha. Go Tigers!!

Sep 8, 2018, 11:30 PM

It's easy to escape when the D is being held off his A$S!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 11:14 PM

Hey Nikki, you reckon you and David could be a little more critical of Trevor? Kb rifled a great pass in raindrops but the only mention of Trevor was tee getting away with a offense pi? Guess Trevor didn’t throw a pass. Afterall you cut Trevor down saying he had his chance to shine but... without his 7 points we don’t win.

Yeah kb played good but the play calling for Trevor was miserable, especially starting second half.

Oh yeah, and as others have said. No mention that D got held all night and oline did a bad job that may have led to a couple 3 and outs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: Tigers escape thriller in College Station ]

SEC refs don’t call a holding until late in the 4th? WHAT???

Sep 8, 2018, 11:17 PM

I think the SEC refs were in the booth and ACC refs were on the field. Not 100% sure but I thought that is what I heard.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:31 PM

Exactly!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2018, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Instant Analysis: Tigers escape thriller in College Station ]

ArmyChief is correct. The replay reviews were handled by the SEC. The refs on the field were from the ACC. That's what the broadcast team said a few times.

Sep 8, 2018, 11:34 PM

That is the way it is when OOC teams play on the the others home field. That is why when they play a neutral site, one team is considered to be the home team in OOC games!!!

Coaching great players and team to above avg performance

Sep 8, 2018, 11:27 PM

That was the outcome. Lucky to win against 4th best SEC West team. And I'll take it all day long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Texas A&M is definitely better than last year, they actually

Sep 8, 2018, 11:41 PM

have a good coach for the first time in a long while. Sumlin couldn't coach, be he could recruit. Mond was a 5 star QB. That is something LSU, Auburn and Miss State do not have on their teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coaching great players and team to above avg performance

Sep 8, 2018, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Coaching great players and team to above avg performance ]

A typically called Clemson game by ACC Refs, no holding calls against the opponent O and multiple pass interference calls against Clemson D. A&M can't blame the ACC Refs for the fumble out of the end zone call because that one is on the SEC officials. Not every game is pretty and clean but the win keeps the Tigers in the hunt. Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know they are only the 4th best SEC West team?

Sep 9, 2018, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Coaching great players and team to above avg performance ]

I don't think they'll beat Bama, but if the play like tonight, they can be anyone else in the division, and I hope they do!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you know they are only the 4th best SEC West team?

Sep 9, 2018, 7:25 AM

I wouldn’t say they can’t beat Bama. They played well. If they don’t turn it over, they have enough passing game to make it a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 12:01 AM

Why do they do this? Just when the offense seems to have gotten a good lead for the D to preserve, the D isn't up to the task. A blowout against a good team would be most welcomed. It could have happened tonight, but didn't. However, a win is preferable to a loss and sometime around Wednesday I'll probably stop shaking. Go Tigers. Great win in a big away game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 10:09 PM

Wallace was the worst player on defense despite the forced fumble and conversion interception. Yes, he stuck with those 2 plays, but he of course handed over a touchdown and gaffs the entire game. To name him defense mvp, eesh

Sep 10, 2018, 10:09 PM

Wallace was the worst player on defense despite the forced fumble and conversion interception. Yes, he stuck with those 2 plays, but he of course handed over a touchdown and gaffs the entire game. To name him defense mvp, eesh

Sep 11, 2018, 3:42 PM

I've been warning ya'll about the officiating in Kyle Field for a while. It's almost always a joke. Aggies are cheats on and off the field.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic