Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks

Nov 24, 2018, 10:53 PM

High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks

A night of records and fog. No. 2 Clemson entered Saturday’s night rivalry game as the heavy favorite, and even though the offense did its part the defense was torched and blistered for much of the night and the result was a 56-35 Clemson victory that gives the Tigers five consecutive wins in the series. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks

Nov 24, 2018, 11:03 PM

Offense was sharp .. too many lapses in the Defense. Gotta fix the secondary or it'll be a LONG night! No way we beat Bama if our defense plays like they did tonight!

Re: TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks

Nov 24, 2018, 11:11 PM

Do you remember the ACCCG two years ago? Clemson 42, VaTech 35. Sloppy and Tech was knocking on the door at the end. Then Clemson made adjustments and beat OSU and 'Bama. Cheer up.

Nov 24, 2018, 11:22 PM

Did you watch the same game I did? USuC drove up and down the field at ease! If it wasnt for 2 goal line stands it would've been a lot tighter! Hopefully Dabo and Coach V will make the needed adjustments moving forward!

Bentley had a very good night passing, but zero run game.

Nov 24, 2018, 11:51 PM

The had way more passing yards than we should have surrendered, but they were totally one dimensional.

Meanwhile, we had a TD called back for absolutely nothing, a dropped TD, a missed FG, and a phantom pass interference call.

If not for all that, the score would have been a lot worse.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks ]

Man, you saw the same game I did. USC ran over, through, and around our "defense." Pathetic. And, sadly, Carolina is a mediocre team. Thank goodness for our effective offense---otherwise we lose this game. First major test for our defense, and talk about failure!!!

Re: You are truly pathetic! Tigers won by 21 with a lot of

Nov 25, 2018, 1:06 AM

Mistakes on D. I would call that amazing. This game was not close even with all the mistakes............ only in your head!

12-0 baby!

Go Tigers! Beat Pitt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

Nov 25, 2018, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks ]

I don’t think they really drove up and down the field with easy to be honest. Clemson’s secondary gave up a ton of big plays. They gave up 7 plays that went 20 yards or more and of there 5 scoring drives 3 of them were 4 plays or less. This week instead of crushing there hopes and dreams Dabo tried to be nice. I think he might look back and regret that and next time make sure the game is completely out of hand before the starters get pulled.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2018, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: High Five: Offense leads the way as Tigers win fifth in a row over Gamecocks ]

We won the game, proving I guess that you can occasionally win without playing defense. Our defense apparently never got off the bus. We made Bentley look like a Heisman winner. My fears raised by the Duke game were fully realized. We have no chance against Alabama or even Ohio State. If we are the number one defense in the country, I'd really hate to see the second. Ouch! Back to the drawing board.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic