Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season

Feb 12, 2020, 7:54 AM

Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season

Lemanski Hall thinks freshman defensive end Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact. Murphy is a former 5-star who was rated as the No. 3 overall player in the nation by ESPN.com, which also listed him as the No. 2 defensive end in the nation and No. 1 player in the state of Georgia. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season

Feb 12, 2020, 8:43 AM

Will be interesting to see how XT3 reacts to the increased competition. Really hope this becomes a case of steel sharpening steel. Hoping XT3 reaches his potential and has a huge year in 2020 along with KJ Henry.

Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season

Feb 12, 2020, 9:05 AM

Yeah, hope ur right. Not worried about kj. He's driven and will ball out this year. Don't sleep on Williams. I've watched him and he is going to shock some peeps. I was kinda hoping he'd stay around 240 and replace Muse. Not surprised if he isn't Simmons type.

Going to be hard to wait 200 days to see these fellas in action. Super pumped about the spring game.

Go Tigers!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 9:13 AM

I agree about KJ. He didn’t explode on the scene like XT3 but he has been my favorite Tiger ever since I saw his commitment video below. You could just tell he would be a great teammate and person. I think his hard work will show great dividends this year.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/5/11/15626732/kj-henry-defensive-end-2018-commits-clemson

Feb 12, 2020, 9:55 AM

That shows that he is a very thoughtful young man, and he shows his appreciation of the people who has helped him get to where he was coming out of HS. I don't care who you are, you have to respect that about any person who does that!!! Thanks for the reminder, that was good to see!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 10:21 AM

You're right AO, just get that chill seeing it over and over... Not just athletes, just darn good people. You have no choice but to root for this guy no matter where he is. But Tigertown was his best fit.

He's gonna smoke it this year. Wow, do we have a team or what.

Go Tigers!!!! 2020 National Champs!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season ]

Thanks for reposting that, I don't think I've watched it since the original day. Just a reminder that this young man is someone pretty special!

Feb 12, 2020, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season ]

Confused on your analysis of Williams, he is playing DE not S or SAM he isn’t replacing muse or Simmons.

Feb 12, 2020, 9:52 AM

Yeah, I know. But at Swansea he played more backer than anything... Then again you get away with that in HS. They did say he bulked up some. I was more dreaming than anything. Didn't know whether he'd bulk or not but he can fly... Then again, not the best comp in HS. Will be fun to watch his progression. CBV will do something special with him.

Feb 12, 2020, 10:45 AM

Yeah, but the ideal is to get the best athletes and talent on the field. If he is capable of playing other positions such as a LB or a S, then he brings a lot of ability to the DL and that's going to mean more pressure on a QB.

I was worried about the DL going into 2019 and I was partly right, but I think they take a step forward this season and will be more like the Power Rangers. (ew, who came up with that name anyway? I had to sit through that garbage when my kid was little)

Feb 12, 2020, 10:51 AM

Christian Wilkins loved the Power Rangers growing up. So for Halloween they got the Power Rangers suits and went trick or treating. Bet you could find the you tube if you look for it.

This is pretty recent history. Surprised you didn’t know.

Feb 12, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season ]

Yeah, but the ideal is to get the best athletes and talent on the field. If he is capable of playing other positions such as a LB or a S, then he brings a lot of ability to the DL and that's going to mean more pressure on a QB.

I was worried about the DL going into 2019 and I was partly right, but I think they take a step forward this season and will be more like the Power Rangers. (ew, who came up with that name anyway? I had to sit through that garbage when my kid was little)

You didn't like the power rangers TV Show?...

BOOOOOO!!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season ]

I have always believed that great competition regardless of the sport, it will make you get better, or it can break you down. It all depends on your drive and how much you want to be better than your competition, and we sometimes relate that to how big your heart is, and if not, we would all be the same!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Myles was overall #4 in Rivals final ranking, #1 DE

Feb 12, 2020, 8:55 AM

He was #9 in the December re-rank.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Feb 12, 2020, 9:01 AM

Hope they are right but so few DEs
(even 5 star ones) are impactful as freshmen that I'll believe it when I see it.

Feb 12, 2020, 9:08 AM

XT was because he got to play his natural position. Think this'll be true with Myles too. He'll have support. Same with XT.

Feb 12, 2020, 10:23 AM

With Dabo and the way he prefers his coaches to coach, and that is without causing a player to feel threaten of their position with the sound of the best players will play and the next man up will help out at that position, Dabo knows how young people has to be treated to get their best from them, especially with the younger guys bc, he raised 3 competitive sons, and he knows what makes them give everything they have to give, and he knows what makes them doubt their ability. Our coaches know when these guys are putting all they have into what they're doing, and they make sure they believe their time will come, and to be ready when it does. We hear that from our players all the time when they say that they are prepared when their nam is called. And we see those guys that aren't as good as the starters and backups, they to get snaps in about every game, and that is why a 3 star player will commit to Clemson with a roster full of 4 and 5 star players, and a lot of those guys after a couple of years of coaching, they become important pieces on the team!!!!!

Feb 13, 2020, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season ]

If XT wants the big bucks then this is his money year. I always figured he was planning 3 and done and then get paid. If that is the case he should be driven to kick a lot of tail this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2020, 9:25 AM

What does he mean “he is only true DE in the room”? Which of our DEs are not true DEs, What are they?

Feb 12, 2020, 11:25 AM

Maybe XT for one.

He's got great athletic ability and great burst, but he doesn't have Murphy's frame. Murphy looks more like our recent studs at DE. XT's short arms are an issue in keeping defenders off of him.

I've wondered with his athleticism if XT could move to the Mike position.

Feb 12, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Hall thinks 5-star Myles Murphy will have an immediate impact this season ]

I think he is saying there are some that could easily go either way, a LB, lineman, or straight up DE!!! That mostly depends on body type, bone structure....

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Feb 12, 2020, 9:49 AM

Two Words>>>Coach Speak!!!

Feb 12, 2020, 10:01 AM

I love Bresee as much as anyone. He lights up a room just being there. But his huge personality has totally overshadowed Murphy.

Bresee likely starts game 1. I think there is a decent chance Murphy earns a starting spot during the season.

Pass rush won't be a problem this year guys. Good times ahead for the D-line.

Feb 12, 2020, 10:47 AM

I like the way that sounds. Blitzing is great, but can be dangerous. We need heat from the down linemen.

Feb 12, 2020, 11:22 AM

"we don't have many true defensive ends"

That's a profound statement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2020, 8:22 AM

If it’s true it’s unacceptable. Sorry. Recruiting at our level is comparable with a statement like that from him. It’s either not true or we have had some big scouting failures.

Feb 17, 2020, 12:17 PM

Lemanski is just putting a fire under the other DE’s to get them working and focused. Dabo 101 create a competition between the most senior guys and the rest of the classes to get them to work hard to be dominant. That’s the core of Dabo’s development “competition”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 12, 2020, 11:48 AM

Best recruit in this class. Just wait...

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic