Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Emotional Ending: Monte Lee says final day with his team was a tough one
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,631

TNET: Emotional Ending: Monte Lee says final day with his team was a tough one

Mar 19, 2020, 8:19 AM

Emotional Ending: Monte Lee says final day with his team was a tough one

It’s tough to look a group of young men in the eyes and tell them that their season is over, that for some of them their career might be over. Not because of what happened between the white lines, but because of circumstances out of their control. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Emotional Ending: Monte Lee says final day with his team was a tough one

Mar 19, 2020, 10:31 AM

That had to be a tough day for players and coach. Baseball is a game that you play for love. More so than any other sport. Some may disagree with this but I have always had that feeling. I always told my players early in the year that if you didn’t truly love the game they needed to be doing something else. I’m sure that was one of Coach Lees toughest days.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Emotional Ending: Monte Lee says final day with his team was a tough one

Mar 19, 2020, 11:47 AM

I agree, and if you can think back to when you were that age, and you try to put yourself into hearing this kind of news as a college level athlete/BB player it has to be traumatic for some of those young men that this was maybe their last season that was going to be they're make or break season for them as far as chasing a BB career in the big leagues.

What has unfolded for them is like a door being slammed in their face and locked before they had a chance to re-open it. And thinking that maybe your last season to prove yourself at the college level was just snatched away from them in that instant as their HC was giving them the worst news of their young lives!!!

Personally I hope that the NCAA and the ACC will allow them all of those guys to repeat the entire season without any hardship to any of guys. Just let it be like they took a season break away from college, and they will come back next spring and join that same group of teammates as if time froze with them all with the exception of the new true freshman that is just coming in to start their college baseball careers in 2021. That is what I hope happens with all college baseball teams around the US.

As for the basketball team, I'm clueless of what can be done to give them back what they have lost bc they were at the end of their season, and with most, the end of their basketball careers....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 4:08 PM

I agree - hope they get another year if they are out of eligibility.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Emotional Ending: Monte Lee says final day with his team was a tough one ]

Hope the other baseball enthusiasts enjoy this article. This echoes what you all are saying... And maybe how we're all feeling.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=18071

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,631
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic