Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo responds to Cleveland Browns rumors: I hate the cold, I'm happy where I am
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo responds to Cleveland Browns rumors: I hate the cold, I'm happy where I am

Oct 31, 2018, 7:26 PM

Dabo responds to Cleveland Browns rumors: I hate the cold, I'm happy where I am

The calendar turns to November this week and that means that members of the Clemson coaching staff will be mentioned for job openings across the country over the next few months. Head coach Dabo Swinney got a head start on the proceedings this week when his name was mentioned in connection with the Cleveland Browns, who fired former head coach Hue Jackson earlier this week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo responds to Cleveland Browns rumors: I hate the cold, I'm happy where I am

Oct 31, 2018, 7:32 PM

Well, he would have a leg up on some other candidates, He looks good in Orange.
But please, not Cleveland!

Re: TNET: Dabo responds to Cleveland Browns rumors: I hate the cold, I'm happy where I am

Oct 31, 2018, 8:02 PM

Trust me Dabo, we ain’t putting you on a boat out here ever. Now we may build a moat to keep you and your family here!!!!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 8:07 PM

Dabo ain’t going no where but if, I and certainly pray not, but if for some reason one of our o coordinators gets something, then I’d vote we get tee martin since he’s available after this year. Good national recruiter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 8:13 PM

That response makes me think there are VERY few jobs he would leave for. Maybe a top-tier and top-paying NFL job and maybe his own alma mater, Alabama. But Dabo isn't looking to go anywhere-- that's pretty clear.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think he would want the Bama job over Clemson

Nov 1, 2018, 9:52 AM

Bama fanbase and media would be worse than working for an NFL team. He'll always be our #1 if he stays here. We all love Dabo for what he's done for us and he knows it.

Going to Bama would always be questions about living up to Saban's legacy and how he does things different than Saban. I think he'd be crazy to take that job, he'll make more money than his family will ever need here at Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2018, 8:21 PM

OMG!!! The Coots just had a Melt Up...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet shirt Coach

Oct 31, 2018, 8:26 PM

Really cool.

An insurance salesman who's never even been a coordinator?

Oct 31, 2018, 8:44 PM

Too much of a risk, Browns. Move on....move on...

Sep 7, 2015, 11:50 AM

“I know there are questions. There have been jobs that have been offered to me that nobody knows and that's great because that is how I operate,” he said. “But then you get stuff like this where people will throw your name out for things and it's fun to speculate and people don't mean any ill will, but my complete focus is on Clemson and I hope I am here for a long, long, long, time. I am trying to beat Louisville.” Dabo Swinney

This says it all!!!
GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMP..

Oct 31, 2018, 9:30 PM

Dabo is not suited for the NFL. His style of coaching and interaction with the college player is perfect, but I don't think it would work with the older guys. They are a totally different person than a college kid.

**IMO*****

Oct 31, 2018, 9:31 PM

Oct 31, 2018, 10:54 PM

We all hope CDS will never leave, but that's just what it is... Hope.

He might not, but if he does, it shouldn't shock anyone. Heck, he states as much, "Never say never"

The only thing he owes Clemson is the best he can do. That's the only thing any of us owe anyone, in terms of employment. Right?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2018, 4:10 AM

He says never say never about leaving Clemson the way i say never say never about getting divorced. He didn't say anything about making him the right offer. He said we're going to have to run him off.

His calling is not coaching football. His calling is taking young men and teaching them to be the best they can be. He has assembled a great staff to help him in a great place to do it. He has had tremendous success and has basically unlimited resources to do it. Why would he leave?

The NFL isn't going to be as satisfying. Pro players aren't in the same formative place as college players. You can coach them in football and change a life you touch occasionally but it isn't the same as pouring them into the crucible as freshmen. Older guys in a different phase of life, more distractions in a bigger town with a smaller relative impact on the community for what? More money and prestige? When did that ever seem to light his fire?

He's got it good and knows it which means we've got it good. Know it and relax. He's not going anywhere.

Contrary to what he said, Dabo doesn't live in the now***

Oct 31, 2018, 11:17 PM

Oct 31, 2018, 11:28 PM

Isn't Labron in LA now? No longer in Cleveland. Maybe Dabo is saying he wouldn't have any competition?

Nov 1, 2018, 8:00 AM

Have to admit, my heart missed a beat as soon as I heard this news. If Dabo leaves he will leave a legacy behind. It will be a sad day if he leaves, but in the end, never say never, every man has to do we he has to do. Buuuttt, right now we are in the middle of a Championship run BABY....BHOOOOOOYHAAAAA!

Go Tigers!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic