Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo Swinney, world's highest-paid server? Big changes to Clemson's travel plans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo Swinney, world's highest-paid server? Big changes to Clemson's travel plans

Sep 9, 2020, 7:35 PM

Dabo Swinney, world's highest-paid server? Big changes to Clemson's travel plans

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney will be the world’s highest-paid server Friday night in Winston-Salem. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney, world's highest-paid server? Big changes to Clemson's travel plans

Sep 9, 2020, 8:25 PM

My math skills are no longer great but if there are no fans which means no family, limited people on the sidelines and 80 players, why the heck are 9 or 10 buses needed?

Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney, world's highest-paid server? Big changes to Clemson's travel plans

Sep 9, 2020, 8:31 PM

Article states only 17 or 18 per bus and they probably have to be distanced. Never even thought of no contact with hotel staff.

Sep 9, 2020, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Dabo Swinney, world's highest-paid server? Big changes to Clemson's travel plans ]

Including buses to carry equipment and gear.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 9, 2020, 10:55 PM

Trucks carry equipment.

Sep 9, 2020, 9:23 PM

College football coaches will be living in the world of chorus teachers and swim team parents. (You actually get used to having 3 dozen yogurt cups in your hotel mini fridge.) It isn't the normal routine for football, but our players have had Christmas in hotels enough that Dabo's All-In Movie Nights wont faze them a bit!

Sep 9, 2020, 9:27 PM

9 or 10 buses for 80 players and coaches. The "follow the science " global warming crowd isnt going to like this. Were there no Prius's available.

Sep 9, 2020, 9:38 PM

250 miles from GSP to Wake.... maybe the plane is more environmentally friendly than a 10 bus caravan. I lived in Greensboro a long time; made that drive to Clemson hundreds of times. I find it comical that the buses driving to/from GSP, loading and unloading, etc is easier than just driving 4 hours.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sentence jumped out at me.

Sep 9, 2020, 9:33 PM

"He said freshman running back, Demarkus Bowman, still has a lot to learn."

Translation: "Protect my quarterback!"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2020, 9:45 PM

Are we using the rapid testing for covid? Would the school know any positives before leaving Clemson? Just curious??

He said they would have and would release the results Saturday morning.

Sep 10, 2020, 12:36 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 5:58 AM

Flying to Winston-Salem that is 3hr 14min per google maps, but yet they cut salaries.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 1:05 PM

They are probably also spending $70-80,000 a week on testing all of our athletes in every Clemson sport, but yet they cut salaries.

Would you prefer we took the Big10 route for fall sports?

Sep 10, 2020, 12:19 PM

So the guys hang together at practice, eat together,fly a plane together, play the game and snot flies between 2 teams that may have a different protocol, but can't ride a bus together? Educate me...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2020, 1:06 PM

The separation on the bus is so 1 positive test from Friday morning's test doesn't result in having to sit 7 or 8 guys who sat near that player or coach on the bus.

Contact tracing and having to hold every person in contact with a positive is why they are taking such extreme measures for spacing.

Sep 10, 2020, 1:39 PM

Whatever it takes to play. We're now automatically conditioned to pick apart details and micro-analyze every decision made about anything.

You know Dabo will ham it up serving the players their food and they will never forget that. I'm just excited to see our Tigers play football!

Sep 10, 2020, 7:48 PM

Great Response! Dabo will 100% use this to his advantage! The coaches/staff will do a good job with it and this will one day be a "bedtime story" for their grand kids!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic